Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i love jane-ee so very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

i love jane-ee so very much

she is v. badass

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Also that was the perfect fight scene with The Spike, coop pushing jane-ee outta danger, controlling the firearm, janeee immediately chokin the spike hella

I was terrified when the spike showed up and had to pause and calm down, I thought janeee was gonna die :(

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The Arm is always up to some bullshit

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

GobiasIndustries posted:

it's called emptyquoting

Is that what that is about?

genericnick posted:

Try using "words"

But why don't I have a button instead?

I'm just happy that Gobias has turned around on Dougie. While I recognize people disliking the Dougie plotline, I like it and am happy to see nay-sayers changing their minds.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
G.I. Dougie with Kung-Fu Grip™

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Lord Krangdar posted:

Seems to me he may know and remember everything from his old life, he just lacks a sense of urgency and motivation most of the time. Possibly from sitting in a chair for 25 years, possibly because an evil entity has half his life-force.

He wasn't a dumbo inside the power outlet dimension. I think? I gotta rewatch it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol @ the overlap between cspam and twin peaks

surreal dreamscapes!

nopants
May 29, 2004

Gully Foyle posted:

That scene in the morgue corridor gave me some good old fashioned chills. I love how ominous it felt, even though from an objective view nothing actually happened.

drat fine episode there.

Yeah, but it was some portending some messed up stuff will happen in the future. I was half expecting the spirit guy to walk into that room and tear up the detectives.

nopants
May 29, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

The Arm is always up to some bullshit

All the lodge people except for maybe the giant are shady. The evolution of the arm and mike love some pain and suffering.

nopants
May 29, 2004

Baloogan posted:

surreal dreamscapes!

If cspam gets shut down for putting low tax under FBI investigation, thus should be the refugee thread.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoy the Dougie plotline. I didn't enjoy how it was was getting played out, with him mostly just standing around by himself.I understood what was happening, but didn't like the execution.

I really enjoyed everything about Dougie today.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
taught you how to dougie
taught you -taught you how to dougie
taught you how to dougie
taught you -taught you how to dougie
Errybody love me Er-Errybudy love me
Errybody love me you ain't messin' with my dougie

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Man, I think that was the best episode since the premiere.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Baloogan posted:

surreal dreamscapes!

I am the dreamer and the dream.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I hope we get a good coop vs evil coop fight scene.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

caligulamprey posted:

So the airplane windows blink in and out of existence in a particular order and I can't imagine that being anything more than a gag.
I noticed this too and I couldn't tell if it was deliberate or just a weird thing with the way the light hit them.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
It's definitely deliberate--they blink very fast, in multiples, but not in any order that would make sense with natural light.

And after "2:53," this show has me paranoid about numbers, but the window-blinking is beyond me. There was also a prolonged shot of the telephone pole after the hit+run last episode, "324810, 6" which I feel has some significance beyond the camera pan.

drat you David Lynch!

f#a# fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jun 19, 2017

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Really feels like Janey-e has some lodge superpowers as well. She can force anyone to bend to her will. Those extortionists should have laughed at her. The answers she gave the cops were flimsy and absurd. She even got Dougie's boss to say "k, we'll do it later".

Or maybe she's just naturally some kind of force of nature. Either way, :swoon: Naomi Watts :swoon: is killing it.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
the mere fact that lynch tied BadCoop's backwards fingerprint to him saying yrev is so goddamn twin peaks

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

psychoJ posted:

the mere fact that lynch tied BadCoop's backwards fingerprint to him saying yrev is so goddamn twin peaks

the thing about gordon tying it to his phrase of greeting specifically and it being ten words with symbolic values associated with each finger and then the backwards word was associated with the spiritual finger was the loving poo poo and gordon is the most occult dude

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

i liked the arm's :3: mouth

more of that, please

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Get that man a pushbroom.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Erata posted:

Get that man a pushbroom.

:rolleyes: The Roadhouse has been swept with a soft broom for 57 years. They're not gonna stop now because of a couple of whiny nerds.

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground
I'm at work so I can't rewatch the ep, but what did Gordon Cole call the ring finger?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

FSFunky posted:

I'm at work so I can't rewatch the ep, but what did Gordon Cole call the ring finger?

The "spiritual mound."

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The "spiritual mound."

Can I go into total looney speculationville and say that might also tie into the Owl Ring?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
My wife had the idea that Janey-E was one of several Janeys in her class when she was a girl, her maiden name started with E, and the nickname stuck from there :)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
holey poo poo that epīsode had me on edge

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

crowoutofcontext posted:

DougieCoup aping that poster is a hint that he is going to box the poo poo out of the mini-Vin Diesel guy, right?

:hai:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
dougie fuckiing up ike the spike was such a fuckin hell ya moment

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also seriously gently caress the arm, fuckin planty motherfucker showing up distracting dougie

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
don't loving trust trees

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Just before Dougie entered Beast Mode and loving decimated Joe Rogan, he said something that was so washed out by Janey-E's ranting and the background score. Couldn't quite catch it.
It's probably nothing, him repeating something Janey was just saying to him, but could it not also be The Arm giving him advice on how to counter Ike? Just we didn't get to hear it, as the viewer.

That's how i read the scene and it made me think his reaction was less instinctual and more him directly following The Arm's orders.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

FauxLeather posted:

Just before Dougie entered Beast Mode and loving decimated Joe Rogan, he said something that was so washed out by Janey-E's ranting and the background score. Couldn't quite catch it.
It's probably nothing, him repeating something Janey was just saying to him, but could it not also be The Arm giving him advice on how to counter Ike? Just we didn't get to hear it, as the viewer.

That's how i read the scene and it made me think his reaction was less instinctual and more him directly following The Arm's orders.

i'm 99% sure he was just mouthing "jackpot"

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
So I think i've pieced a few things together. It's starting to become obvious that the Season 3 story arc is (maybe loosely) linked to Phish's classic song "Cavern" which was officially released on A Picture of Nectar in 1992 but had been played out extensively before then. Whether it influenced the original series or not is up in the air, but I think it was clearly inspiration for season 3.
The line that keyed me in, obviously, is the focal point at the climax, "Whatever you do/take care of your shoes". Good Cooper lost his shoes traveling back to this world and they seem to be the one thing that he's missing to make him whole again. But I'll start at the beginning and go line by line.

Your time is near, the mission's clear
It's later than we think

This is pretty obvious, it's the Black Lodge folks talking to Coop and acknowledging that he's been held up by Bad Coop's schemes.

Before you slip into the night
You'll want something to drink

Coffee, duh.

Steal away before the dawn, and
Bring us back good news

Re-statement of purpose.

But if you've tread in primal soup
Please wipe it from your shoes

The black goop from Glastonberry Grove, maybe?

Just then a porthole pirate
Scourged the evening with his cry
And sanctuary bugs deprived
The monkey of its thigh
A dust arose and clogged my nose
Before I could blink twice
Despite the stuff that bubbled up
I gave some last advice:

I think this is all stuff we haven't seen yet, but it could also be the confrontations with the hitmen?

The flesh from Satan's dogs
Will make the rudiments of gruel

I think this is talking about garmonbozia.

Deduct the carrots from your pay
You worthless swampy fool

This probably has to do with Dougie's boss at the insurance agency. Seems like something he'd say.

Exploding then through fields and fen
And swimming in the mire
The septic maiden's gargoyle tooth
Demented me with fire

Think that last line is important.

I drifted where the current chose
Afloat upon my back
And if perchance a newt slimed by
I'd stuff it in my sack

Sounds a lot like Good Coop's travels through space and stuff. Not sure what the newt refers to.

The next few verses are all stuff that hasn't happened in S3 yet, but I'm sure it will make sense soon. I'll skip to the chorus at the end.

Give the director a serpent deflector
I think Dougie Coop is going to give Gordon Cole something important that will save him from a serpent, or maybe just a slippery villain. Remember Bad Coop's snakeskin shirt???

a mudrat detector, a ribbon reflector
Not sure.

a cushion convector, a picture of nectar
Again, not sure, but there have been lots of pictures so far in the season.

a virile dissector,a hormone collector
Not sure.

Whatever you do take care of your shoes
When Coop gets his shoes back I think he'll be back to normal.

This might seem far fetched but it's really not. The ties between Lynch and Phish are pretty well documented over the years, and they definitely have a mutual respect thing going on. (Phish named their 1997 summer festival after a line from FWWM, Mike Gordon directly attributes his aggressive hairstyle to David Lynch, on Lynch's side he's said that he went to over 300 shows in the 90's before the hiatus and he's been seen in LA driving a Suburu Outback with a GUYUTE license plate).

I'll keep posting as things fall into place but I'm sure this is the key to understanding the season.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Great episode. And man I didn't expect them to make Evil Coop as rapey as they have, seeing how this episode basically confirms he raped both Diane and comatose Audrey. (Let's please not with all the typical posts that follow this type of thing, if we could.)

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

BigFactory posted:

I drifted where the current chose
Afloat upon my back
And if perchance a newt slimed by
I'd stuff it in my sack

That's clearly referencing BOBs death bag.

You also left out this part:

quote:

The foggy cavern's musty grime
Appeared within my palm

I snatched Rick's fork to scrape it off
With deadly icy calm

which is clearly that weird stuff they scraped off the gun.

My coffee also left a pattern on my napkin, and I'm fairly sure it points towards Dougie becoming a roaming motorcyclist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I was expecting the peanut sweeping to end with Richard storm being all like "gently caress! He called me boy, man!" and kicking it back all over the place.