Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Zzulu posted:

Trash TV

You don't enjoy 20 minutes of Mr Bean level buffoonery every episode?

That's Lynch's true genius shining through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnculturedSwine
Jul 7, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

You don't enjoy 20 minutes of Mr Bean level buffoonery every episode?

That's Lynch's true genius shining through.

Agreed. Mr Bean is good

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

UnculturedSwine posted:

Agreed. Mr Bean is good

Unironically this.

It's like ham with maple syrup.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
That last episode was hot garbage except for the young guy mowing down that kid with the mother reacting in the hammiest way possible and the midget murder.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dougie got two rides. :mmmhmm:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Whoa, apparently the dude who ran over that kid and assaulted that woman at the bar is Audrey Horn's son.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
his last name is horne but he could possibly be Jerry's kid, or maybe audreys retarded brother had a caretaker who facilitated communicationed herself into a delusional love affair with him and richard horne is the product of this rape

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
it could be jerry and audrey's kid.

barf

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Audrey and evil Cooper's kid.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

The Dennis System posted:

Beulah and evil Cooper's kid.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Well, there was a lot of plot this episode. And yet it was still breathtakingly boring.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I was enjoying tonight's episode and then it cut to Dougie and I was all like "ugggh" but it wasn't too bad and he actually did something interesting. Karate chopping an assassin midget in the throat is pretty cool.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Time draws out like a blade watching this show.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

he punched Ike The Spike twice and used Ike's pistol grip to shred off a shitload of his hand-palm and i've not seen anything that cool or gnarly in a while in a tv show or movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
THIS IS SUCH A BAD SHOW

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you ignorant motherfuckers woudln't understand art if it came up and bit your genitals off and got a tv show about byting genitcallls off

seriousy if you don't think this show is the best in years you should just watch reality tv forever and huff computer duster

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh but some SA cucks gotta be ~poo poo~

guess what, peckerwoods, you fuckin suck

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and yeah im talking to the cuck reading these words now i see you reading this on an ipad or whatever the kids use these days

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

It's weird for the sake of weird.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
It's pretty predictable that the basic morons of GBS wouldn't care for this show.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Maybe debating whether DC or Marvel films are superior is more your guys speed.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what's deep about the show my man

Weird does not equal deep or interesting

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

The show is a placebo. There has been some striking and memorable imagery in this season though. The weird blind woman in the black lodge (or wherever the hell that was), the ghost-like monster coming out of that black box (and the black box itself was a chilling image), etc. And the part where the kid got run over had me legit shook.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'll have you legit shook

*unzips all of my pants in all of the dimensions at the same time*

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

what's deep about the show my man

Weird does not equal deep or interesting

the gently caress makes you think i have to justify art to you?

if you don't understand it, your loss, move along.

burn any good books recently?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Baloogan posted:

Wrong. Good art critics can and do justify and explain art.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Wrong. Good art critics can and do justify and explain art.

lol if you think im good or a critic
suck my dick you capitalizing, grammar, with periods and sentense structure idiot

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Chill my man

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

The show is a placebo. There has been some striking and memorable imagery in this season though. The weird blind woman in the black lodge (or wherever the hell that was), the ghost-like monster coming out of that black box (and the black box itself was a chilling image), etc. And the part where the kid got run over had me legit shook.

agreed re the blind woman and black box but the kid bit just made me laugh, what with how unexpected it was and the hammy acting by his mother and sappy music

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

Chill my man

i got no chill

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Zzulu posted:

THIS IS SUCH A BAD SHOW

gently caress you, tammy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

this show is actually good and i feel fuckin' gross agreeing' with THAT fuckin' BIRD but he's right

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have a confession to make

I have never seen a single episode of "twin peaks"

I just wanted to argue

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

the skype call with doc hayward was :smith: . probably because he was too frail to travel on set so they wrote that in. RIP warren frost.

what if the entire show is dougie and evil cooper, and the last episode we finally get the real cooper back. he gets a cup of coffee, turns to the camera and starts to say "excuse my language, that's a DA-" and the credits roll. david lynch just messing with everyone as he laughs into the sunset with that sweet sweet Apple product placement money

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wow the tviv thread is better than the gbs thread, a dark day

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

gently caress GENE KELLY YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

wow the tviv thread is better than the gbs thread, a dark day

I wouldn't go that far. It's filled with morons trying to solve "the mystery" which is not what Lynch films/shows are about. You can't solve them because he doesn't breadcrumb hints into his shows to do that sort of thing. How would you have "solved" the original Twin Peaks? Up until they showed Leland murdering his niece you'd have no idea he was the killer. In fact there was ample evidence for almost every other character.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the best parts are the scenes with retard cooper

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I enjoy Dougie and how Lynch thinks computers/phones/technology works.

MAN ON COMPUTER - A RED BOX APPEARS THEN AN EVIL MACHINE PRESENTS A PACKET!!!

GOOD OLE BOY SHERIFF USES COMPUTER BEEP BOP BOOP!!!!

Laura Dern is hamming it up, Ashley Judd still looking good for her age, and karate choppin Dougie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Baloogan posted:

hmm. i agree. *pours spaghettios in vagina* ART!

• Locked thread