Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Mad Sweeney's hurt face when Laura tells him he isn't a god. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

I loved how Shadow got kind of giggly and flustered around her :3:

Oh my god this was one of my favourite acting moments in the show. Ricky Whittle just :blush: and :3: was amazingggggg.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
"Jesus Prime" in the credits :lol:.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Crow Jane posted:

I loved how Shadow got kind of giggly and flustered around her :3:

a realistic approximation of meeting Kristin Chenoweth

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

D-Pad posted:

instead of one all powerful Jesus, there is a Jesus for every denomination/variation in belief. His power is defused and none of them are all that strong individually.

Jesus Force Five!
Asian!
Black!
Latin!
Hippie!

Prime: And I'll form the head!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

biracial bear for uncut posted:

"Jesus Prime" in the credits :lol:.

Who decides to get dead-drunk in on the pool.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Easter: Ah yes, I have indeed planned the perfect party!

Wednesday: Yo.

Easter: poo poo

Media: Yoo-hoo!

Mad Sweeney: All right, Easter?

Laura: *coughs maggots into the sink*

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

a kitten posted:

"No one was supposed to get this far. What happened to my crack team of warriors?"
*smash cut to roadkill*

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Pictured: a murder of Jesusi

https://twitter.com/BryanFuller/status/876612751313051648

also lol:

https://twitter.com/BruceJLangley/status/876619802051203072

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soothing Vapors posted:

They haven't exactly been trying to make it a surprise, they had Media offer Wednesday warheads with ODIN stamped on the side a few eps ago. Tonight's scene was about Shadow finally believing, not us.

Also probably a little bit about making sure anyone as thick as this guy is fully up to speed

Well, yes and no. We're left to doubt the power that Wednesday might still wield, as does Shadow. The final name bit is more about cementing just what a god can do with the power of a devout follower.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I'm very disappointed that Buddy Christ didn't make a cameo.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Has Orlando Jones narrated any books? I would pay just about any reasonable amount of money to listen to him telling stories.

Bonus points if they were collections of Anansi stories/myths. :allears:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Really? I can't take Orlando Jones seriously. The voice he does for this guy is complete caricature, and doesn't sound natural or smooth at all. He's always the "Make 7 Up Yours" guy to me.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
sounds fantastic to me. i especially liked his first monologue.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh my god this was one of my favourite acting moments in the show. Ricky Whittle just :blush: and :3: was amazingggggg.

I also loved the look he gave Laura at the end. Now that he has faith, that he believes, he can start wrapping his head around Laura being back. That it's not some trick or delusion, she is truly back and maybe there's a future for them.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
"God drat it..." - Jesus Prime

I really hope we get more Jeremy Davies next season.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Season 2 cold open

Starscape panning to the right to reveal a closeup enormous erect penis viewed from the side

Goodnight Sweetheart starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egX9N8yOgaU

As the camera slowly moves along the shaft it pulls back to show the penis from the front

Shaved into the pubes in cursive writing: "Coming To America"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Pingiivi posted:

"God drat it..." - Jesus Prime

I really hope we get more Jeremy Davies next season.

I was waiting for him to dip a glass of pool water and then raise it to his lips as wine.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Skizzzer posted:

sounds fantastic to me. i especially liked his first monologue.

The writing is fine. The acting is a guy from MAD TV doing a Katt Williams impersonation.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

vermin posted:

Season 2 cold open

Starscape panning to the right to reveal a closeup enormous erect penis viewed from the side

Goodnight Sweetheart starts playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egX9N8yOgaU

As the camera slowly moves along the shaft it pulls back to show the penis from the front

Shaved into the pubes in cursive writing: "Cumming To America"

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Firstborn posted:

Really? I can't take Orlando Jones seriously. The voice he does for this guy is complete caricature, and doesn't sound natural or smooth at all. He's always the "Make 7 Up Yours" guy to me.

Google and read some Anansi stories and come back to the voice/acting he does in this. It's pretty much perfect.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Steve Yun posted:

- The day shot for night when Wednesday called in the storm clouds looked pretty fake, but that's kind of hard to pull of to begin with

That wasn't night, that was just overcast.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Firstborn posted:

The writing is fine. The acting is a guy from MAD TV doing a Katt Williams impersonation.

I feel like this is intentional, though, so it's a taste thing. I like it, despite him being VERY different from how he's described in the b- [ZZZZ%$#%#$&#*& CONTENT_TYPE_EMPTY]

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Cojawfee posted:

That wasn't night, that was just overcast.

Yeah but it wasn't a convincing looking overcast.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I agree with most of the casting decisions, both over and under.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Firstborn posted:

I'm not seeing a downside to this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Most of the speech was great, but my wife and I both bust out laughing (and she's never read the b**k) at "ODIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN" with the terrible CGI cloudface

It was like an early 2000s final fantasy cutscene, and not in the good way

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wait, was there a dick on screen this episode? Other than technical boy I mean?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WreUmBorEmA

Must be nice to be Brian Reitzell and be able to call up Siouxsie Sioux or Debbie Harry or Shirley Manson and be like "hey can you make a song for my TV show"

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 19, 2017

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

double nine posted:

wait, was there a dick on screen this episode? Other than technical boy I mean?

Even during the orgy at Bilquis' temple they were all covered in shadow

Bilquis' junk was in shadow too.

Surprisingly junk free episode.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I definitely saw at least one dick in the Bilquis scene actually

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Must be nice to be Brian Reitzell and be able to call up Siouxsie Sioux or Debbie Harry or Shirley Manson and be like "hey can you make a song for my TV show"

Ah, thank you for the link. I was going to post specifically to ask if anyone knew that that disco track was, I loved it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Random thoughts:

I grumbled a little bit at the pre-production naming Jeremy Davies, a white non-jewish guy, as Jesus Prime, but then I remembered that this is about how Jesus is perceived in America

I enjoyed that Odin runs over rabbits and smirks, which had to be a contrast to how Laura got herself killed trying to avoid killing one rabbit

I was amused Jesus was visually coded to be "drinking" away his sorrows in a bar, except in a pool full of water. I suppose they made a calculated decision not to have Jesus turn the water into wine... not only would people get upset about the portrayal of Jesus getting drunk, but anything he said to Shadow would be hard to take seriously

Rabbit poops jelly beans :3:

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 19, 2017

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

a realistic approximation of meeting Kristin Chenoweth

Fun fact: I worked on the WB lot when Pushing Daisies was filming. Kristin would ride around on a bike almost as tall as she was (all 5-ish feet of her) with a handlebar basket for her dog. She's about as adorable and sweet as you can imagine. Cannot confirm nor deny status as an actual fairy.

Steve Yun posted:

gently caress yes. This was probably my favorite music moment of the show so far outside of the theme. Pretty incredible that it's an original instead of a licensed piece.

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 19, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I liked that Jesus felt bad when he realized he'd stolen​ someone's holiday.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Steve Yun posted:

Even during the orgy at Bilquis' temple they were all covered in shadow

Bilquis' junk was in shadow too.

Surprisingly junk free episode.

That's a lot of dicks in shadow. Explains his general facial expression.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
i'm not able to find it, but can anyone point me to the song that was playing when media's croonies were dancing?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus Prime being a vaguely nice, confused and guilty dude who speaks in platitudes really nailed the American Jesus

Pun seriously not intended

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Skizzzer posted:

i'm not able to find it, but can anyone point me to the song that was playing when media's croonies were dancing?

https://open.spotify.com/track/7sL8hp9JVdWrvYiJJptZ7p

original song, "they are here finale". (the part of the dance starts at 2 minutes in)

double nine fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Snak posted:

I liked that Jesus felt bad when he realized he'd stolen​ someone's holiday.

laughed at how Shadow almost made Jesus cry over stealing Ostara's holiday.