Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Top o' the moirnin to 'ya!

:stare:

What is that from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Overminty posted:

The incredibly camp "Tax collectoooooor!" might have been my favourite.

Or just anything the adviser says.

Or the bellowed "IN THE NAME OF THE SOVEREIGN"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

MiddleOne posted:

:stare:

What is that from?

Saboteur

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

I've always enjoyed driving through cows to see that happen but who knew you could just punch them into meat bites too!?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Danaru posted:

A semi-related little thing I like, slamming "0451" into the first door I can find in any scifi game, and it drat near always works :v: it's a cute tradition

I guess I don't get the joke. Where does this tradition come from? My first inclination is an homage to Ray Bradbury, but I feel like that's probably way off.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah, it's a Bradbury reference. But more importantly it was also the door code for the Looking Glass Studios office.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Majesty Gold was my first ever pirated CD game. I remember I wrote the name "majesty gold" on the first copy I made for a friend in ballpoint and accidentally ruined the CD, and had to make a second copy.

While I made the second copy we walked to the local public pool and had a nice swim, then came back and played it all night on TWO computers.

And it's on steam now!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Majesty 2 was kind of a crappy game but at least they managed to track down the voice actor for the advisor from the first game and had him narrate everything in his terrible/amazing Sean Connery impersonation again.

Also its rangers wore baseball caps, which is a pretty fun and practical flourish in a setting that is otherwise generic to the point of self-parody.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Danaru posted:

A semi-related little thing I like, slamming "0451" into the first door I can find in any scifi game, and it drat near always works :v: it's a cute tradition

This is slightly subverted in Prey.

It's not the combination to the first lock you encounter, but it is the code for your office.

Just Offscreen has a new favorite as of 16:23 on Jun 19, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I was unreasonably annoyed by the one and only code lock in Resident Evil 7 not having its password be 0451. :saddowns:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mr. Flunchy posted:

The cell 2 lookin good

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Wow, the stories of the Old West really undersell the power of the lonesome cowpuncher

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Now that I've finally beaten it myself (last time I watched my brother finish it years ago), I'll always like the ending reveal of Crackdown. It's not much of a twist but the presentation is fantastic. It's largely the Agency commander narrating at you, congratulating you on a job well done, then it turns at "You gave the people back their lives! Thankyou... Hehehehehehe... It's been a long time, a lot of meticulous planning to get to this point... Who do you think supplied Los Muertos? Who do you think turned a blind eye to the Volk's activities? Who do you think were Shai Gen's biggest supporters?! Who ran the law enforcement agency... ran it into the ground... The people had to experience absolute anarchy before they could accept absolute control!" I just love that the way that the game is put together, it makes you enjoy following the Agency's orders. Do a race here, fight a boss there, it's all good fun for the most part, and the arcadey action stops you thinking too hard about the incredibly fascist undercurrent before the game just says "Oh, you thought we were doing this unironically? We knew exactly what we were making you think..."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BioEnchanted posted:

I'll always like the ending reveal of Crackdown. It's not much of a twist but the presentation is fantastic. It's largely the Agency commander narrating at you, congratulating you on a job well done, then it turns at "You gave the people back their lives! Thankyou... Hehehehehehe... It's been a long time, a lot of meticulous planning to get to this point... Who do you think supplied Los Muertos? Who do you think turned a blind eye to the Volk's activities? Who do you think were Shai Gen's biggest supporters?! Who ran the law enforcement agency... ran it into the ground... The people had to experience absolute anarchy before they could accept absolute control!" I just love that the way that the game is put together, it makes you enjoy following the Agency's orders. Do a race here, fight a boss there, it's all good fun for the most part, and the arcadey action stops you thinking too hard about the incredibly fascist undercurrent before the game just says "Oh, you thought we were doing this unironically? We knew exactly what we were making you think..."

That reminds me, I never played the sequel. What was the player expected to think about The Agency after the end of the first game?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

That reminds me, I never played the sequel. What was the player expected to think about The Agency after the end of the first game?

It dispenses with all pretenses and the "criminal" organization you are fighting is really just a resistance effort.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a shame because Crackdown 2 is really, really bad and its painfully obviously rushed.

The one upside was the unapologetic nature of the story, the downside was that the worst enemy from the first game that was a one off encounter is now like 90% of enemies in the game.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I started replaying Yakuza 0 to beat it on the hardest difficulty and I love that when you make decisions during dialog, it displays the choices for a second and doesn't accept any inputs so if you're fast forwarding dialog, you don't accidentally make a decision.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Barudak posted:

Its a shame because Crackdown 2 is really, really bad and its painfully obviously rushed.

The one upside was the unapologetic nature of the story, the downside was that the worst enemy from the first game that was a one off encounter is now like 90% of enemies in the game.

My mate and his kid LOVE Crackdown 2 and I have no idea why. Everything good and fun from the 1st was stripped away. The whole thing was so damned ugly too.

Really hope that in 3 they bring back how your agent changes in appearance as they lvel up too. I really liked that little detail of your jacked agent getting even bigger and weirder looking the more rear end your kick.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I ordered Crackdown off Ebay and the postman should be delivering it any hour now,better be loving good or i'm holding you lot accountable lol (cost like £2.74,no big deal)

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I always feel like playing it again, but I wonder if maybe it'll just be living under the shadow of Saints Row 4 now.

betamax hipster
Aug 13, 2016

Drunken Baker posted:

I always feel like playing it again, but I wonder if maybe it'll just be living under the shadow of Saints Row 4 now.

Crackdown lets you shoot while jumping, something SR4 sorely lacks.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Drunken Baker posted:

If anything I think it will help because Volition's new game looks :mediocre: while Crackdown 3 looks like the new Saints Row we should be getting.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Skills for kills, Agent. Skills for kills.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Lol if you shot guns in SR4

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

suuma posted:

Lol if you shot guns in SR4

Why are you NOT shooting the dubstep gun 24/7?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

CordlessPen posted:

Why are you NOT shooting the dubstep gun 24/7?

Because they're beating people to death with a giant, purple floppy dildo? Duh.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

DelphiAegis posted:

Because they're beating people to death with a giant, purple floppy dildo? Duh.

Surely you mean Dr. Manhattan's glowing blue floppy dong.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr. Flunchy posted:

http://i.imgur.com/jqWZsu3.webm

http://i.imgur.com/thzNDlb.webm

Jobbo_Fett has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Jun 20, 2017

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The Saboteur looks like a lot of fun.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

codenameFANGIO posted:

Surely you mean Dr. Manhattan's glowing blue floppy dong.

I prefer superpowered wrestling moves and a lightsaber while dressed as a Jedi, personally.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

StandardVC10 posted:

It's

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

StandardVC10 posted:

I mean it's OK.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wasn't The Saboteur the one that let you beat the game on like the first mission, if you decided to painstakingly grind out the upgrade for CARGUNS?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Saint Freak posted:

Wasn't The Saboteur the one that let you beat the game on like the first mission, if you decided to painstakingly grind out the upgrade for CARGUNS?

No?

I've never heard of this being possible, so unless its a speedrun tactic then :shrug:

It is fun though, if you can get past its rough edges.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No?

I've never heard of this being possible, so unless its a speedrun tactic then :shrug:

It is fun though, if you can get past its rough edges.

If you get the Aurora guns, you can blow up Dierker's car during the race.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Is there a PFY Speedrun thread? I tried searching for one, but no results came about. I'm not sure if that means there isn't one, or if the search function just hosed up for me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It hosed up because there is definitely such a thread and itll be bustling as heck in about two weeks.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Started again on Horizon: Zero Dawn because the first time I wasted lots of time and resources and felt like I sucked at the game, so I wanted to replay the beginning to get the mechanics down, and I had no idea how much poo poo is given to you right at the start in the upgrade menu. You can use the elemental roots to make potions that reduce the damage you take by 75%! If I'd known about that earlier, when I was fighting the flamethrower fuckers, that would have been a massive help! Also it's flowing better now that I know that you need to have the tutorials be active quests before it will start counting, which is dumb but at least now I can just do them organically with the actual quests (I did the tripcaster while finding the girl's spear in the first sidequest). Also I now know that to get the other elements for arrows and *casters I need to buy all the weapons in shops, they aren't gated behind plot like in almost every other game.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Barudak posted:

It hosed up because there is definitely such a thread and itll be bustling as heck in about two weeks.

Could I get the link to that thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Leavemywife posted:

Could I get the link to that thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3429276