Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Nierbo posted:

Shes unbeatable at 145 right now.

Someone call me out. I'm going for the whole dangersim on conor vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Cris Cyborg slowly emerges from the Pantanal, like a crocodile unfurling its tail. Her hulking muscles glisten with slime. "I have arrived" she seems to say, her alien vocal tract struggling to form words. The crowd stares in astonishment.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[gsp drops to his knees] pleaze, i want to turn dat life support off so bad. pleaze, give it to me!

Lmao

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Michael Bisping has not fought since October 4, 1997 and yet the UFC strips the Iron Lady just for having Schroedinger's hand injury for four months? Pathetic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It'll all be worth it when Cyborg still doesn't win

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

willie_dee posted:

What's Randamie's problem, just doesn't want to fight a steroid user?

According to Eugene S. Robinson, who trains under the same BJJ coach, she doesn't get paid enough to quit her day job, and she likes being a cop in the Netherlands a hell of a lot more than she likes having a waste belt everyone knows is loving garbage because it's literally representing women's trashweight at this point. She would rather not risk her real, paying occupation by asking for time off to train to defend her championship at the highest level of her sport for a couple of Gs and maybe another Fight Kit half off coupon.

But hey, now we don't have to see Condom Depot ads on some dude's rear end, and they play the Fox Sports theme instead of Face the Pain! Progress!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wow if I knew it means ramdamaine de Germaine wouldn't fight any more I would have been more in favor of the reebok deal at the time.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope Cyborg misses weight and/or gets caught taking more completely legitimate medicine

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
GDR claims no one told her they were stripping her and she learned about it on Twitter. That seems unlikely, a professional sports corporation like the UFC wouldn't treat its employees like that

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/19/15829648/germaine-de-randamie-reacts-i-had-absolutely-no-idea-i-was-being-stripped-of-ufc-title

She also says she is fleeing to 135 to preserve herself from roided out Brazilian manmonsters

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
She was probably holding out for more money/points to fight Cyborg and he UFC didn't think it was worth it.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

She did flat out say she was refusing to fight Cyborg on multiple occasions though right?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
nobody is going to be able to do what conor did anymore wrt leverage, they'll just make more meaningless belts and strip the champ

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

all hail the best flyweight of all time, sergio pettis or ray borg

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

JaySB posted:

She did flat out say she was refusing to fight Cyborg on multiple occasions though right?

Yes, and she also said she's going back to 135 anyway

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so there's still a chance for Rounda / Cyborg at 145, tho right?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Is the Holly Holm assisted flip the nerdiest in ring celebration?

I'm not complaining but it is kind of an odd thing.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

whats wrong with him? i mean whats wrong with his personality and not his body, which was hit by a train

I think he bragged about torturing animals and beating up retards in his book. He's a real jerk

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Plus he was mean to the Maineiac

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Matt Hughes is every negitive stereotype about a MMA fighter you can think of all wrapped up in one person, but the reason this thread doesn't like him is because he gave out bibles to all the fighters on TUF 15 years ago.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i dont lik ehim because i am autistic and i love trains more than anything

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

...and the pitch! posted:

Plus he was mean to the Maineiac

sometiems a borken clock etc. etc.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

1st AD posted:

sometiems a borken clock etc. etc.

Naturally I agree. Sylvia let himself be bullied by Matt Hughes, at least to hear Matt Hughes tell it. That's funny.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

willie_dee posted:

What's Randamie's problem, just doesn't want to fight a steroid user?

GDR is vehemently against cheating in MMA. Which is why she forfeit her championship so as not to be forced to fight against someone who blatantly cheats during a fight.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

GDR is vehemently against cheating in MMA. Which is why she forfeit her championship so as not to be forced to fight against someone who blatantly cheats during a fight.

Counterpoint: She's shook AF

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

coconono posted:

Nope

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Work Friend Keven posted:

Matt Hughes is every negitive stereotype about a MMA fighter you can think of all wrapped up in one person, but the reason this thread doesn't like him is because he gave out bibles to all the fighters on TUF 15 years ago.

Matt "Esther" Hughes

I also didn't like when he said to Din Thomas "are you talking about me, I can see your big lips moving" or something very close to that.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

i like to think that Matt Hughes got fired for giving Ari Emanuel a swirlie

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

coconono posted:

I think Ronda's more likely to drop to 125

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

coconono posted:

There's no chance of Honda ever fighting again.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
If ronda couldn't handle amanda nunes' power, shes got nothing for cyborg.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

coconono posted:

That depends. Are we talking an MMA fight or Dancing With The Stars 2019?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

chaleski posted:

I think Ronda's more likely to drop to 125

I don't think you lose weight when you get pregnant

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Nierbo posted:

If ronda couldn't handle amanda nunes' power, shes got nothing for cyborg.

Amanda punches so hard that every time she lands, a Patrick Swayze movie remake somewhere dies.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

...and the pitch! posted:

Is the Holly Holm assisted flip the nerdiest in ring celebration?

I'm not complaining but it is kind of an odd thing.

Sounds improbable in a sport where Roxanne Modafferi exists and has won fights. But I don't have any actual examples.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Cyborg/Anderson will be a pretty cool fight and am glad UFC is finally punishing cravens like Germaine De Randamie and TwitchGaMeR420.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 19, 2017

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

coconono posted:

lmao

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I miss Ronda

These other girls just are not nearly as interesting

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Fartbox posted:

I miss Ronda

These other girls just are not nearly as interesting

I can't decide which I find more entertaining, Ronda winning fights or Ronda losing fights. Either way its entertaining as hell.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

InfiniteZero posted:

Amanda punches so hard that every time she lands, a Patrick Swayze movie remake somewhere dies.

Lol yeah what happened to the roadhouse remake starring RR as roadhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

coconono posted:

I can't decide which I find more entertaining, Ronda winning fights or Ronda losing fights. Either way its entertaining as hell.

I like Ronda but seeing Edmond have a meltdown is one of my favorite things on MMA

• Locked thread