Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnakesandScorpions
Apr 4, 2015
I just completed the master round bullet run a while ago. It was pretty epic and I got a real thrill from doing it. The only thing I would say that makes the master round is the chance of getting the Mineflayer on level 3. I have yet to get a perfect on him. Pretty much all the bosses are easy to dance around and dodge but I honestly don't have any clue how to approach him without getting hit by his stupid 360 attack and his ringing bell attack.

Also, I've defeated the lich multiple times but his second form is probably the hardest for me any tips on how to ace him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Aww, I wanted to see Casey in Bullet Hell. Also, mark another one on board for the companion train. :bandwagon:

Scruffy in the video posted:

KIlling an enemy by hitting them with a second enemy will never stop being funny to me.
I would honestly be worried if it did. :colbert:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Samovar posted:

I think the developers boosted the Corsair, because I used to hate it, but it's frankly a great room clearer now and, so long as you can dodge, it's great at bosses too.

IIRC, it didn't home in on enemies before the Supply Drop update, making it much harder to use effectively.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

SnakesandScorpions posted:

without getting hit by his stupid 360 attack

At one point it felt like I figured this one out, but then I stopped getting him, so... :shrug:

SnakesandScorpions posted:

and his ringing bell attack.

Be completely above or below him, depending on if he moved up or down on the bell transformation.

Special run suggestion:
Play bullet, cheat in armor of thorns, kill enemies with dodge rolling through them :v:

Xarn fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jun 12, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Not sure who these people are that don't like Casey, but I hope to never meet them.

Now that you have Mod the Gungeon, an all passive run would be good. Play it like a normal run, but every time you open a chest and it gives you a gun or active item, ignore it and spawn chests of the same rarity until one of them gives you a passive.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Man, Casey is absurd. Obviously not a good boss-clearer, but an infinite-ammo Room Clearer Of Doom (that can reflect bullets) is by no means bad! If only you had a way to drop enemy aggro on command so you could walk up to them with impunity! (I love that you figured out how to make the Blank companion do his thing at literally the last possible moment when it could still be useful.)

That said, holy gently caress does Super Meat Gun ever do a number on the Mine Flayer. It looked like he got to stay in his bells phase for all of about two seconds.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Do the starting weapons have any synergies?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

White Coke posted:

Do the starting weapons have any synergies?

The only basic guns that have synergies are the Cultist's Dart Gun and Blasphemy. The Dart Gun's damage goes up by 25% when you get the Mega Douser and Blasphemy gets a permanent damage buff if you get Cog of Battle's reload right even once.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
What would be super cool is a singleshot run: Alpha/Omega bullets, Hip Holster, Cog of Battle, Backup Gun, and only use guns that carry one round in the magazine

Grayshift posted:

Don't forget the Battle Standard for the companion army. That'll be Ser Junkan, Super Space Turtle, Wolf, Space Friend, R2G2, Wingman, Badge, and Chicken Flute

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm really liking the concept of the Fellowship of Ser Junkan. Get every companion plus a level one Junkan, then go on an epic quest to level him up and defeat the Gungeon. Also, you aren't allowed to fire your gun! :v:

Don't forget Junior II and maybe Blank companion? I think the only gun you should be able to fire is the Eye of the Beholster

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

The Door Frame posted:

Don't forget Junior II and maybe Blank companion? I think the only gun you should be able to fire is the Eye of the Beholster

Or maybe the ashes gun?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Just for grins, I decided to cheat myself a max-level Ser Junkan.

The command line won't save you from being bad at this game, though.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
I had a thought regarding the two AWOL NPCs. They're both credit dumps, so it could be possible their appearance is linked to having bought enough items from the various merchants. So they show up just as you're running short of new things to unlock. Whether it would be just the acquisitions department progress or all credits earned/spent, no idea.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Grayshift posted:

I had a thought regarding the two AWOL NPCs. They're both credit dumps, so it could be possible their appearance is linked to having bought enough items from the various merchants. So they show up just as you're running short of new things to unlock. Whether it would be just the acquisitions department progress or all credits earned/spent, no idea.

Scruffy's definitely bought more than me and I've managed to find both missing NPCs already. So if anything it might be tied to the number of deaths on file. :v:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Obviously we need a sword bros run.

Bullet and Ser Junkeon

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
How about a Status Effect Bullet run, with Irradiated Lead, Hot Lead, Frost Bullets, Charming Rounds, Magic Bullets, and Chaos Bullets?

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
All Guon stones but no dodge rolling.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

How about a theme run? Play normally except when you get a gun or item that doesn't fit the theme, give yourself a similar (if possible) gun or item that would fit the theme instead?

Possible themes- "Modern military shooter," "sci-fi," "swords and sorcery."

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Grayshift posted:

All Guon stones but no dodge rolling.

I want to see how many glass guon stones it takes to make the game break completely.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Obligatum VII posted:

I want to see how many glass guon stones it takes to make the game break completely.

Based on my testing, somewhere between 1,000 and 10,000. After 1000 it was running at about 1 FPS, when I tried 10,000 the console seemed to hang indefinitely and I had to force quit out.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I think he meant how many guon stones were needed to make a barrier that prevented you from ever being shot.

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie

Jade Star posted:

I think he meant how many guon stones were needed to make a barrier that prevented you from ever being shot.

If they were all orange guon stones, he wouldn't need to dodge roll or use a gun.

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
Double post

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Skrewtape posted:

If they were all orange guon stones, he wouldn't need to dodge roll or use a gun.

He would still have to dodge roll to get through certain trap rooms.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

berryjon posted:

He would still have to dodge roll to get through certain trap rooms.

Give him a balloon gun, for those rooms where he must cross gaps.

If the balloon pops, he dies.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
More fun runs now that I've gone and installed Mod the Gungeon myself.

Pray & Spray: Scattershot, Helix Bullets, Eyepatch and Double Vision. Stormtrooper style. Pretty crazy with beam-type weapons if you add in Bouncy/Angry Bullets too.
Deadeye: Scope, Laser Sight, Muscle Relaxant. Makes shotgun type weapons interesting. Basically the opposite of the above.
Nothin' Personal Kid: Super Hot Watch + Bloody Scarf

Iceman: Ice Cube, Heart of Ice, Frost Bullets, Frost Ammolet, Ice Bomb, Crestfaller, Glacier, Cold 45, Frost Giant, Snowballer, Freeze Ray, Ice Breaker, Heavy Boots.
I'm sure fire, poison and electricity themed runs are all equally possible.

I'd love to see some clever uses of Duct Tape. I've gotten it rarely and most of my fusions have been duds.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

MrBlarney posted:

I feel like there's still some room for challenges that could be performed without modding. Maybe a less restrictive version of the "Gunnel Vision" challenge that was suggested earlier?

• Once you start using a gun that has limited ammo, you must continue to use that gun until it is completely depleted.
  • You may switch away from guns with unlimited ammo at any time.
  • You may switch guns to perform ammo refills. (For further freedom, you can also switch your active gun when an ammo box drops or is purchased.)

It seemed like the main concern about the challenge was that there are some guns that are somewhat situational (e.g. guns with elemental properties) that would make a run extremely painful. The original suggestion required switching weapons immediately upon receipt of a new weapon. Maybe the loosening of restrictions will make this more of a viable challenge to run?

Oh look it's a run! I didn't find the original but this works. It still causes issues! Some guns are pretty bad for various things! I may have to do some CREATIVE EPISODE NUMBERING to deal with the next episode because it's a little strange. I've got ideas though. On the bright side, I found one of the NPCs I'm missing and I believe that will be the next video. But for now!

Gunnel Vision/Polsy

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
What actually was causing you to use more ammo for your guns? I noticed it happening for all your guns.

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah
The extra ammo thing was weird. Good job on the gunnel vision run.

I'm still one npc short of filling the breach, and it's the stupid lost adventurer, apparently I haven't gotten him to show on one of the floors, so he hasn't gone up to the breach yet.

Looking forward to a fellowship of Ser Junkan run, I've done smaller numbers of companions and it's a lot of fun(except when i had some companion with frost/freeze, dunno if it was off my frost bullets or not, that kept attacking and refreezing multiform enemies and they would never thaw and die)

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
are the bat and the sword the only non-gun weapons in the game? You could do a heretic run where you pray to get 9 curse and use non-gun weapons.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Well, here's my run idea.

POWER OVERWHELMING : Give yourself the 7-leaf clover and clone at the start of your run.

That's it. I figure its the only way we'll ever see certain red and black chest items.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
A few ideas!

TIME TRIAL

1. Make yourself invincible (or double hearts maybe)

2. You must kill every enemy on each floor

3. You only have 5 minutes per floor (perhaps +1 minute every 2 floors down; so 5 on 1st + 2nd, 6 on 3rd + 4th, 7 on 5th and Bullet Hell).

If you go over the time limit, game over.

Boss Cosplay

1. For each floor, pick one of that floor's bosses.

2. Give yourself a load out matching the chosen boss (max 4 items).

3. Use no other items besides the ones chosen for the theme; you can't buy anything (even hearts or keys).

Cormorant Run

1. Give yourself all the Gun Knight Items

2. As an honorable knight, you have to focus on only one enemy at a time (duel)

3. If the above is too hard, also give yourself the Old Knight items.

You can use duct tape for anything!

1. Give yourself infinite use of the duct tape item.

2. Combine guns in as interesting of variations as possible.

Table Tech

1. Give yourself all the Table Tech items

2. You must use tables for kills where possible (either by firing from behind or launching them)

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 20, 2017

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Duct Tape Warrior run sounds amazing.

MrBlarney
Nov 8, 2009
I think the first post for the Gunnel Vision challenge came from here, where it was pretty simply stated. I only came up with the name and softening modifications, but I'm glad that I was able to draw attention back to the challenge and see it run. And it looks like it wasn't so bad, even with switching guns immediately upon receipt (rather than only on full empty or ammo refill as intended). Of course, the run was helped by the weapon quality being pretty good for the most part. I can imagine it being much worse if the drops weren't so good.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
There is something weird and totally random that bothers me about some of the guns in this game. Like the polaris. When you fire the polaris it animates a shell casing being ejected. Neat touch, totally normal. cool. But when you reload the Polaris, it shows an entire clip worth of shells being dropped onto the floor. Each bullet is getting two casings. One ejects when you fire it, and another sits around int he magazine until you reload and then gets dumped on the floor. Why does this happen?! And why does it bug me so much?!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

That's where the Polaris is getting the extra shots and more powerful bullets from. It always ejects a shell because it hasn't tasted enough blood to fire extra/better bullets and then when it has it doesn't eject those extra shells.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I can't believe they nerfed muscle relaxants. That's such an edge case and the guns it modifies aren't even that good. Why would they do that? What do they have against fun?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

I can't believe they nerfed muscle relaxants. That's such an edge case and the guns it modifies aren't even that good. Why would they do that? What do they have against fun?

Muscle relaxant was hilariously overpowered. Especially on Hunter, suddenly having your crossbow do 3x as much damage meant it would one-shot just about anything all the way down to the forge. Even after being nerfed, a 50% damage bonus on a good number of weapons is great and it still increases accuracy a bunch if you don't have one of them.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
Disregard Projectiles: As Bullet, give yourself Armor of Thorns, Cloranthy Ring, Riddle of Lead, and a Red Guon Stone. You may not pick up or use any weapons that fires projectiles, other than Blasphemy.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Muscle Relaxant also has the downside that this weird glasses guy won't leave you or your dogs alone. You'd hoped that just this once, maybe someone had taken a genuine interest in you, but no! It's just another dumb nerd hopelessly crushing on you. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think that the issue of all the challenges being a little same-y is because there's not much of the game left, save for grinding and a few little things that just need to show up. I'm at the stage where I want to see the game snapped in half by insane builds if it's mostly grind left

• Locked thread