Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I have heard of people getting slapped down for it but some don't, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
The cycle of lands don't untap 'exert' spells is cute design. I'm very skeptical that a 3 mana 2/2 is going to see play, I think cat tribal would have to be pushed pretty hard.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

the format most suited for a cat tribal deck will lie fallow until they print a Naya-coloured legendary cat

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Marketing New Brain posted:

The cycle of lands don't untap 'exert' spells is cute design. I'm very skeptical that a 3 mana 2/2 is going to see play, I think cat tribal would have to be pushed pretty hard.

What is more powerful? That guy or the staple 3 drops of standard? Tracker, Refiner, Virtuoso, Thalia, Quellar... I don't think it's close.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 19, 2017

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

ZeroCount posted:

the format most suited for a cat tribal deck will lie fallow until they print a Naya-coloured legendary cat

Is this the missing commander from the new precons???????

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I can't figure out how to make a direct link from my phone, but there are a bunch of new commons shown on Magic's FB page.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I don't think this guy is that bad, "dies to removal without providing anything" is much worse on a 6 drop than a 3 drop. His problem is that the competition is brutal; in particular, tireless tracker does the incremental value thing way better at the exact same mana cost. I think there's a world where he sees play but that world definitely doesn't happen until SoI block rotates and is unlikely even then.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

ShaneB posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/islandmtg

This guy streams Xmage a lot and he's still alive

see also: DesolatorMagic

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Elyv posted:

I don't think this guy is that bad, "dies to removal without providing anything" is much worse on a 6 drop than a 3 drop. His problem is that the competition is brutal; in particular, tireless tracker does the incremental value thing way better at the exact same mana cost. I think there's a world where he sees play but that world definitely doesn't happen until SoI block rotates and is unlikely even then.

You need a card of that power level to be 1 mana like Cryptbreaker.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

80s James Hetfield posted:

see also: DesolatorMagic

I'd rather not.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hellsau posted:

I'd rather not.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

You need a card of that power level to be 1 mana like Cryptbreaker.

I mean, the only deck you would play that in is a deck where the whole deck is cats and catlords. That's probably not a real deck.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sickening posted:

Let's take the 1+1+ in consideration. How many cats does it take before it's good? 2? 3? The ability to make 1/1 lifeline cats seems pretty meh especially when you take a turn off with the every time you use it. If it had trample or the ability was free if would probably still be bulk in constructed.

No you dummy you use the ability on turn 4 then Regal Caracal on turn 5 so you have maximum cat.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

InterrupterJones posted:

We can add this + Noble Hierarch + Intruder Alarm to Modern's ever growing list of infinite combos.

The one time a Magic player will drown in pussy

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

TheKingofSprings posted:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Also, lords that pump over creatures are MUCH better than lords that get pumped themselves.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Has anyone used Wizards' damaged product return process? I used one before a few years back but it looks like they have a different process in place now. I filled out their form and it said they would email me but they haven't sent any sort of automatic confirmation, and the whole "set a date/time for pickup" is odd. I'm wondering what the turnaround time is for this these days.

I got Bolas Archenemy and half a dozen cards in the Chandra deck were stuck together, and came apart like this:

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Soul Sisters gonna mutate into Cat Ladies.dec

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Nighthand posted:

Has anyone used Wizards' damaged product return process? I used one before a few years back but it looks like they have a different process in place now. I filled out their form and it said they would email me but they haven't sent any sort of automatic confirmation, and the whole "set a date/time for pickup" is odd. I'm wondering what the turnaround time is for this these days.

I got Bolas Archenemy and half a dozen cards in the Chandra deck were stuck together, and came apart like this:

One of my decks in the Commander Anthology were stuck together like that. Didn't leave any noticeable damage though.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

TheKingofSprings posted:

:golfclap:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Some people are playing Felidar Guardian + Saheeli in Modern.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Tainen posted:

One of my decks in the Commander Anthology were stuck together like that. Didn't leave any noticeable damage though.

I had it on a duel deck and Wizards successfully replaced the cards + sent a couple boosters, which is basically the only reason I'm filing the replacement since the cards in question are 4 cents each and I have replacements. They just made the process more confusing.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Hellsau posted:

Some people are playing Felidar Guardian + Saheeli in Modern.

Dear Penthouse,

Today I saw a real Cat Combo,

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

So potentially dumb question but I gotta do it: has anyone picked up the white prefect-fit bordifies? If so, from where? Additionally, if you did and want to sell me like 10, get at me. I want to white bordify my fetchable lands.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Be a man and use a pencil eraser. Make sure to get your duals, too.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

So, unrelated to spoiler news: I want to make a Modern tokens deck that uses Signal Pest instead of the expensive cards, about 10% because I think it could be actually reasonable and 90% so I can play Signal Pest and Intangible Virtue in the same deck and call it "Virtue Signalling".

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Free old Legend rule!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

I know Thespian's stage is better but it's still neat with Depths

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm pretty sure this is firmly in "neat but too expensive" territory

Elyv fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 19, 2017

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

mcmagic posted:

What is more powerful? That guy or the staple 3 drops of standard? Tracker, Refiner, Virtuoso, Thalia, Quellar... I don't think it's close.

Yeah I hope it doesn't see play, because cat tribal in constructed is boring af. Look at zombies, a deck that is basically unchanged since the PT with 0 ability to adapt to a meta game because tribal synergy dictates almost every slot in the deck.

We can debate whether energy was good design, especially since it felt abandoned in AER, but at least it created interesting deck building decisions in G/B, same as delirium. Hell three blocks in and we still don't have a consensus on energy vs delirium or the best build, and that's good, the tension between good stuff and energy means there's likely no right answer it depends on the meta. The same is true with temur, the builds are still all over the place. I can't say I'm super excited for tribal to be pushed even harder with the upcoming set.

Marketing New Brain fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 19, 2017

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ShaneB posted:

So potentially dumb question but I gotta do it: has anyone picked up the white prefect-fit bordifies? If so, from where? Additionally, if you did and want to sell me like 10, get at me. I want to white bordify my fetchable lands.

Still not available in North America I think :/

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
That mirror does combo with Dark Depths, so that's still something. Also I expect it to become a Commander staple, due to how versatile it is.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Mezzanon posted:

I'd get them overseas but still can't find them on like UK amazon or anything either. The only time I have seen them (I think) is Jadine Klamparens seemed to have some on her basics last SCG.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I know I'm late but I just saw this.

Could buy time in Ad Nauseam, but I think Timely Reinforcements is better in the board

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Mezzanon posted:

Looking at the official site, they're only making black ones at the moment. :(

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I actually bugged her on twitter and she said they were made white with acetone. Alas.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Does Liliana 's Defeat let you destroy Koth

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

dragon enthusiast posted:

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

dragon enthusiast posted:

No, but it should let you destroy Teferi!