Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what's up with the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Dedicatin' page 700 and its consecutive digits to our U7 peeps in their darkest hour

no not the tournament, the fact that Goku thought it was a solid idea to bring Freiza of all his exes to the loving dinner party

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Something I find funny, if Frieza bothered his lazy rear end to put in a few rounds of training a week he would have been able to effortlessly crush any Super Saiyans that might have appeared before Namek. He could have kept the Saiyans around for a while longer in that case instead of worrying about the myth.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Between "Personal improvement" and "Extinction-level Genocide" as means for solving the same problem, which do you think Freeza gravitates towards first?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hjalmar posted:

Between "Personal improvement" and "Extinction-level Genocide" as means for solving the same problem, which do you think Freeza gravitates towards first?

Friieeza solves all his problems with murder, or imagining murder, or physically preparing oneself for murder.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Actually that chapter and this episode just made me realize something. Why didn't Beerus give Vegeta(Goku would gently caress it up somehow) some destruction energy to erase Future Zamasu?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Black August posted:

Basically Dragon Ball is an endless recursive loop of Freiza and Goku being responsible for one another, while Beerus quietly tries to act like he MEANT to run full speed into that hard glass door.

Didn't Beerus tell Freeezia to blow up planet Vegeta? I think he's the prime mover in that loop.

Although, Whis is the one who agreed to train Goku and Vegeta. Who was it that suggested the U6/U7 tournament?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

I am worried that freiza is going to mess up u7 in the tournament, and not on purpose.

Ok, bare with me. All his moves are kill moves, he is going to struggle to hold back. Goku has plenty of moves that end with his opponent defeated but not dead. He has even used the kamahama to knock people out.

Let's compare freiza with Hit. Hit has disabling moves that don't kill but freiza is all about the kill.

He's going to go in, kill someone, get erased by Xeno and leave the u7 boys one down from the start. Anyone who watches football (the proper version) knows how much of a disadvantage that can be.

Real shame too, as new freiza is like vegeta without the attitude problem. That is, way beyond Goku in every way.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Frieza is all about torture, not just killing. He'll be just fine. (Imagine the angry fans sending hate tweets if that really happened though)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I like how the dog guy used the exact same trick Goku used on Frieza during their first fight (hiding energy balls underwater)

And Frieza fell for it again

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
All the other bullshit probably would have played out differently but there would always be a Super Saiyan God - the oracle fish's prophecies always come true, which is why Beerus felt he could (tell Frieza to) nuke the saiyan planet with no repercussions.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Electric Phantasm posted:

Actually that chapter and this episode just made me realize something. Why didn't Beerus give Vegeta(Goku would gently caress it up somehow) some destruction energy to erase Future Zamasu?

He thought Zamasu was erased from all timelines anyway, so as far as he was concerned going back to the future was pointless.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Slightly Absurd posted:

Or just maybe a person could be free to enjoy one version of a dumb male power fantasy over the other, or maybe even enjoy both? All opinions are equally valid and silly here, no reason to get on a high horse

Never! I like one story and anyone who likes another incredibly similar but slightly different story is literally mentally handicapped and also bad!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

He thought Zamasu was erased from all timelines anyway, so as far as he was concerned going back to the future was pointless.

He never actually thought this, he was just too lazy to check himself.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

what's up with the title

if goku were from france, he would be french goku

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cease to Hope posted:

if goku were from france, he would be french goku

maybe he is

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's not a type of Goku, it's a command. You must french Goku

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kelp Plankton posted:

It's not a type of Goku, it's a command. You must french Goku

Vegeta already learned for us that Goku doesn't know what kissing is. I think sticking your tongue in his mouth sounds like a risky move.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Augus posted:

Friieeza solves all his problems with murder, or imagining murder, or physically preparing oneself for murder.

This is pretty much true. The only thing that motivated him to train to become Golden in the first place was preparing to murder Goku, and the moment he felt his murder preparations were finished he sped off to commit said murder.

Then he stayed sane in hell by imagining murdering Goku so hard he got stronger, and then he accepted Goku's offer to join the team because Goku promised he'd resurrect Freeza so Freeza could attempt to murder him again.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 19, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I also do love that Freeza is in no way cowed by Beerus. He's just biding his time.

He's going to get the super dragon balls and make the worst wish in the history of the multiverse.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

I also do love that Freeza is in no way cowed by Beerus. He's just biding his time.

He's going to get the super dragon balls and make the worst wish in the history of the multiverse.

The previous worst wish was bringing him back to life, so how can he one-up that? He only gets one wish so he can't wish to be alive and immortal, as much as he might want to.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I would've retrieved Cell instead. More handsome.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Negrostrike posted:

I would've retrieved Cell instead. More handsome.

Cell apparently has passed into reincarnation

Freeza is the only one stubborn enough to NEVER PURIFY

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Burkion posted:

Cell apparently has passed into reincarnation

Freeza is the only one stubborn enough to NEVER PURIFY

I can't wait until we meet Llec, the most handsome child.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Wait. If there used to be 16 universes, and each pair of universes adds up to 13, what universes were 13 and 14 paired up with?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Pyroi posted:

I can't wait until we meet Llec, the most handsome child.

Who also has a weird obsession with bugs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Wait. If there used to be 16 universes, and each pair of universes adds up to 13, what universes were 13 and 14 paired up with?

the answer is that they didn't think about it that hard

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Manatee Cannon posted:

the answer is that they didn't think about it that hard

13 and 0, 14 and -1. Still adds up to 16 universes.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

There used to be 18, not 16. I think.

I kind of hope that Goku wishes to bring those back too before force-fusing them all into U7 so he can have the full buffet at hand.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Black August posted:

There used to be 18, not 16. I think.

I kind of hope that Goku wishes to bring those back too before force-fusing them all into U7 so he can have the full buffet at hand.

This is all a bold play by Toei to fuse all the universes together and just end up with the setting from the DBZ MMO / Xenoverse, isn't it?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So if Cell reincarnated does that mean there's some ten year old out there with his powers?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

If everyone just reincarnates why did Goku need to ask for Buu to be?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

dr.acula posted:

Maybe that's why Frieza never reincarnated. Goku didn't ask so they just stuck him in hell. They probably tried really hard with Buu because would you turn down a favor for Goku?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

dr.acula posted:

I dont think Goku had anything to do with Buu resurrecting.

Although if he ever finds Uub I'm sure he'll think he has magic reincarnation powers now and will set off in search of Llec

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku's last line to Kid Buu was "I hope you come back as a better person so we can have a good fight and not a universe-destroying fight," the reincarnation thing was assumed.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Goku just has a warped version of death and assumes everyone comes back after hanging out with a deity.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, if you die on Earth you get stuck in Earth hell until go through the cosmic treadmill and all that and Frieza's the only dude too much of a jerk to go through that... does that mean somewhere out there there's a 12 year old who is the earthly reincarnation of King Cold?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

If different planets have their own afterlives, how come Uub was born on Earth? Buu died on Kaioshin's world.

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

Peewi posted:

If different planets have their own afterlives, how come Uub was born on Earth? Buu died on Kaioshin's world.

Because there are only 30 planets with life see, so the dice rolls to end up on Earth weren't so bad. And here you thought that was all Toei pulling it out of their rear end, tch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

seiferguy posted:

Frost and Freeza gonna team up...

...in bed.

• Locked thread