Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
And the reason other people don't do it is because you go to jail for it unless you have a major country's government covering for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
look I'm not going to dive into pedantry and rub the monkey paw of intentional vehicular murder, inadvertently sparking some spur of car bombs across the country, but I'm pretty loving sure that guns will continue to be the murder tool of choice in America for the foreseeable future

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Star Man posted:

If you have damaging information stolen from both the DNC and RNC, but you're trying to sway an election for the Republicans, you don't release it to anyone that would leak it.

His question was why isn't some liberal group hacking and leaking the RNC.

There's 3 answers to this

1) no one within the US or in a country with whom we have extradition agreements would do that because we'd lock you in a cage for decades.

2) It violates all kinds of norms about not interfering in another country's democratic elections. Russia is a weird exception in this regard and they will be punished for it eventually if the Dems can ever win.

3) Its not that easy to hack a major political party, and you probably need the resources of a state.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I admit I don't know how Twitter works so I might be being stupid but I saw the hashtag #putinspuppet and clicked on it out of curiousity.

It leads here

Is that normal or is Twitter actually being sassy?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Duke Igthorn posted:

I admit I don't know how Twitter works so I might be being stupid but I saw the hashtag #putinspuppet and clicked on it out of curiousity.

It leads here

Is that normal or is Twitter actually being sassy?

I don't know anything about Twitter, really, but I suspect it works the same way that Google-bombing works?

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Rigel posted:

Hi question was why isn't some liberal group hacking and leaking the RNC.

There's 3 answers to this

1) no one within the US or in a country with whom we have extradition agreements would do that because we'd lock you in a cage for decades.

2) It violates all kinds of norms about not interfering in another country's democratic elections. Russia is a weird exception in this regard and they will be punished for it eventually if the Dems can ever win.

3) Its not that easy to hack a major political party, and you probably need the resources of a state.

That makes sense, thanks. Now to wait and hope that, like, Sweden decides it wants to sink the GOP for some reason.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/876876856531791873

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

can we run a panda or raccoon or other lovable creature that supports single payer

might pick us up a seat or two in 2018

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Wah Wah, money in politics!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I would vote for a literal squirrel over Karen Handel. Either the congress refuses to seat the squirrel in which case we can redo the election, or if the squirrel is allowed to vote, I'll take randomness over her malicious votes.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

why does trump need to deny man made climate change when super genius rick perry will do it for him

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...climate-change/

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Sinteres posted:

Erick Erickson thinks it's time to partition the United States...

I agree with him on that. We are far too divided to maintain the governing system we have now. We also can't keep flipping between extremes every 4-8 years. The best way forward would be some massive devolution that leaves the federal government no responsibility outside of national security. Everything else should be handled at the state level, with states able to form cooperative alliances to tackle issues.

We are only 150 days in to a Trump presidency, with no major legislation been passed and tensions are already this high. In 8 years events like last week's shooting will probably be commonplace.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Translation: "waaaahhh I was deemed too worthless to spend money on by the RNCC"

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo, forgot the times we live in:

For my kid's education

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

I agree with him on that. We are far too divided to maintain the governing system we have now. We also can't keep flipping between extremes every 4-8 years. The best way forward would be some massive devolution that leaves the federal government no responsibility outside of national security. Everything else should be handled at the state level, with states able to form cooperative alliances to tackle issues.

We are only 150 days in to a Trump presidency, with no major legislation been passed and tensions are already this high. In 8 years events like last week's shooting will probably be commonplace.

I think 8 years is optimistic and it's more likely to be up to two mass shootings per day by the end of this year

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

TyrantWD posted:

is this a troll

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TyrantWD posted:

To be fair, the federal government should probably also establish a national currency pegged to an actual commodity like silver or gold.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I sure do love Al Franken's new book about all the success he's had rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic while making friends with the iceberg.

Not even being sarcastic, I did love it. It's hilarious and a good read. And even though it's gross reading about him being besties with Jeff Sessions, he absolutely wrecks Ted Cruz.

Also, he talks about trump, so it's not off topic.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

redneck nazgul posted:

To be fair, the federal government should probably also establish a national currency pegged to an actual commodity like silver or gold.

Also, google Ron Paul

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sloober posted:

I think 8 years is optimistic and it's more likely to be up to two mass shootings per day by the end of this year

:supaburn:

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Rigel posted:

I would vote for a literal squirrel over Karen Handel. Either the congress refuses to seat the squirrel in which case we can redo the election, or if the squirrel is allowed to vote, I'll take randomness over her malicious votes.

Just another paid minion of Big Nut.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

LaserShark posted:

Just another paid minion of Big Nut.

I heard the squirrel advocated for ACORN

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Duke Igthorn posted:

For my kid's education

Kurt, is that you?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
is today the day we express our support for stupid, outdated ideas that have demonstrably failed in the past?

if that's the case, why stop at the articles of confederation or ronpaul2012? maybe we can save our failing healthcare system through the power of bloodletting and never bathing

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Duke Igthorn posted:

For my kid's education

How embarrassing. You don't want people catching you browsing Something Awful...

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Sloober posted:

it's more likely to be up to two mass shootings per day by the end of this year
poo poo, this is America. If we could get DOWN to only two shootings a day, it would be a legit miracle.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jon Ossoff is #PelosisSquirrel.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Seriously am I the only one who sees this lady when I see Karen Handel?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

Perhaps we could move to a system where a president is appointed by congress to one-year terms.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Seriously am I the only one who sees this lady when I see Karen Handel?

i thought it was funny the first time you said it

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Aves Maria! posted:

is this a troll

The latter bits might be but

TyrantWD posted:

We are far too divided to maintain the governing system we have now. We also can't keep flipping between extremes every 4-8 years.

I mostly agree with this. What we are seeing from the legislative and executive branches, from the top down right now is "tear down everything Barack Obama did. Was it useful and helped people? Well gently caress that Obama did it, bring in the wrecking crew. --- what, a plan? You want US to think of solutions?" And I can honestly see if a democratic candidate wins in 2020, the mirror image of that.

I do not, however, see this as a result of America being 'too divided'. That is feel-good bullshit. I'm sure it's fun to say, and makes you feel that you're taking the high road.
Division is not the problem here. One side is wrong, that does not 'breed' division, it requires it - and it isn't because republicans have lovely ideas (mostly they do.), It's because here is a party operating from a base of wild conjecture and emotion it calls 'facts.'

e: I spel good

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 19, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/876890194359836672
https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/876890467857772548
https://twitter.com/tylercreighton/status/876885663391653892
https://twitter.com/emorwee/status/876859940576612352
https://twitter.com/JoshRaby/status/876844979536220161

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 19, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

boner confessor posted:

i thought it was funny the first time you said it

You didn't like, share, retweet, and subscribe! My family is dying!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Can't wait until they mandate that all employees down an 8-piece bucket of KFC every day.

Scott Pruitt is a massive piece of poo poo and is arguably doing more harm than 95% of his fellow Trump lackeys.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If someone tells you there is such a thing as "common decency" they are lying.

They are literally saboteurs.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

$15,000 for 37 people is $400 per year or $33 per month.

That's a steal for gym membership.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

$34 per month per employee that actually decides to take them up on it. Other large employers meanwhile often have free on-site gyms.

Hey I heard that the EPA offices had air conditioning! I bet they could save a lot of money if they turned that luxury off.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

A quote that is definitely not from Sean Spicer.

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/876892016231239681

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

Hey I heard that the EPA offices had air conditioning! I bet they could save a lot of money if they turned that luxury off.

would cut their carbon footprint too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

World's Most Punchable Faces Unite to End Violence

• Locked thread