Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao good job kim, couldn't even keep a valuable prisoner alive

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

B. Birdsworth posted:

Not quite, he said there was no evidence of botulism, which there wouldn't be if his poisoning happened months ago. It's entirely plausible that he got foodborne botulism and none of his guards noticed when he stopped breathing. The only way to diagnose him with at this point would be clinical history, which we got basically none of from the Norks.

e: the other reason I have some credence in the botulism claim is that it makes the NorKors look incompetent as well as inhumane. Really the only way to get a global anoxic brain injury from botulism is to not get put on a ventilator when you need to be. Example: an outbreak in Thailand affecting 91 people resulted in no fatalities or devastating neurologic injuries, even though 42 of them had to go on a vent.

It would be amazing if it turned out that North Korea has been telling the absolute truth about all of this and no one believes it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Guess we need a new thread title

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If you become retarded and die, which version of you goes to heaven?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Otto Coldbier

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

Lmao good job kim, couldn't even keep a valuable prisoner alive

I think you'll find he was very much alive the entire time he was on glorious North Korean soil and didn't die until he was re-exposed to American decadence. :colbert:

Seriously though that colossally sucks.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Wartime Robot

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Kurtofan posted:

evidently he failed because he had a mental shutdown

He probably didn't have wraithguard

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I thought he was breathing on his own and poo poo?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Rodman failed us?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

EX250 Type R posted:

Not now he isn't.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"He's actively unrespon..wait he's dead nvm"

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

EX250 Type R posted:

Lots of reasons he could have died, from the description of his MRI.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

EX250 Type R posted:

Sadly, it seems he was too tainted by the west for his own Juche

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Is it bad that as soon I found out he died I raced to this thread with a smirk on my face

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Remember that scene in Tommy Boy at the gas station when Chris Farely bent the car door backwards then kicked it back into place and when David Spade touched it it fell off then Farely was like, "Whad'ja do?!"

This is like that.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Harveygod posted:

Remember that scene in Tommy Boy at the gas station when Chris Farely bent the car door backwards then kicked it back into place and when David Spade touched it it fell off then Farely was like, "Whad'ja do?!"

This is like that.

You're right. Chris Farley also died.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

MrMidnight posted:

Is it bad that as soon I found out he died I raced to this thread with a smirk on my face

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 19, 2017

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

F

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

F

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Are we going to war over this?

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Guess we need a new thread title

Otto Warmbier - retardead by North Korea

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

pyrotek posted:

F F F

He not even semi otto anymore

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 19, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
huh. i guess it was north koreas superior medical technology that was keeping him alive this whole time. i mean as soon as he gets back to imperialist United States he just ups and dies.

really makes ya think

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
jeez I bet y'all feel bad about making fun of otto just for being a retard now that he's dead huh

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
F

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Does NK have universal healthcare? I am p sure they have mandatory paid maternity leave

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

lmfbo

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dennis Rodman should score an autographed version of the propaganda poster for the family.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Do we know what actually happened to him?

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
F

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The parents should press charges against the guy who offered their son money for the poster, for criminal conspiracy resulting in death.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

pyrotek posted:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

F
uck

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

univbee posted:

The parents should press charges against the guy who offered their son money for the poster, for criminal conspiracy resulting in death.

is that the reason lol

i mean rip otto

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

is that the reason lol

There were rumors (and I think it was claimed in his defense) but of course it's near impossible to confirm anything in this story.

Was Otto Warmbier even real? Was he just a crisis actor? Was this a false flag?

poo poo I bet when they unplugged him and walked out of the room, leaving him alone, he calmly got up and walked out, his vegetative limp mysteriously gone, lit up a cigarette before a car came to pick him up and fly him back to glorious Mother North Korea. :tinfoil:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Cymoril posted:

Do we know what actually happened to him?

No and we probably never will. Doctors ruled out trauma (no evidence in tests) but there are other forms of mistreatment that could cut off oxygen that wouldn't leave evidence. Or it could have been a natural cardiac arrest/asphyxiation situation.

Whatever happened that lead to his brain not getting enough oxygen, nk waited too long to resuscitate him and that's what liquefied his brain.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
he died!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tumble posted:

huh. i guess it was north koreas superior medical technology that was keeping him alive this whole time. i mean as soon as he gets back to imperialist United States he just ups and dies.

really makes ya think

Glorious juche medicine triumphs over the West just as Kim Jung Un will

• Locked thread