Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

BJ actually got kidney transplants from an unwilling Nazi donor while he was unconscious but due to habit, his body instantly began fighting the Nazi organs.

So he died?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

White Coke posted:

I'd like a DLC where you play as other characters, maybe set during the time BJ is in a coma.

Caroline DLC. Press F to control breathing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
RTCW is on sale again on steam, if anyone needs a copy.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Caroline DLC. Press F to control breathing.

Hold F.

One. Two. Three,

Release F.

One. Two. Three.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

It's set in the US, so clearly we have to deal with Voodoo swamp curses.

That's actually interesting. Is there any superstition in the US, be it native or otherwise, involving the undead and other creepy poo poo like that?

If failing that we could always have Nazis vs Wendigos.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

BillBear posted:

That's actually interesting. Is there any superstition in the US, be it native or otherwise, involving the undead and other creepy poo poo like that?

There's all kinds of weird legends and stuff throughout the country. The biggest one I can think of for a Wolfenstein game is that the Templars supposedly hid the holy grail here before Columbus showed up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Literally every country says the grail ended up there at some point lol

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

Literally every country says the grail ended up there at some point lol

lol I know. The legend comes about here because there is some evidence that Europeans were stomping around here before Columbus officially discovered it. Strange carvings and such that aren't Viking runes and European style structures that were already here when Columbus showed up. So of course it must be the Templars and the grail.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

BillBear posted:

Uh, Fountain of Youth in Florida somewhere. Make Fountain of Youth a mistranslation. Drinking from it turns people into near unkillable zombies.

Also Bigfoot. Domesticated, mechanized, Nazi Bigfoots. (Bigfeets?)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I'm sad that my idea of having a Crackdown/Prototype style game where you play as Caroline power bombing Nazis off of skyscrapers and will never come to fruition

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

I have the same issue, are you guys running AMD by chance? I've been reading a bunch of steam reviews that have said this game just plain isn't compatible with new AMD drivers and there is no word of them fixing it at all. I hope this isn't the case, I wanted to play these games after seeing The New Colossus and they don't run at all :/

Yeah, I have an AMD graphics card, and it's smooth sailing after a "clean" driver install. Also do not install the AMD streaming app (Review? LiveView) - that's supposedly a pain point too.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BillBear posted:

Polygamous Mormon Lichlords that plundered a dicht yachud cache that have come out because they have allies that will purge the Mark of Cain(a legit reason why black people could not hold the priesthood in the LDS church renounced in the 70's because BYU's basketball team was going to be kicked out from the association) from the earth with them.

There is a load of aesthetic and historical ugliness to be mined there. Think Bioshock Infinite before it was way toned down.

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

eonwe posted:

the new game is gonna own OP
:agreed:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Can anyone recommend a good let's play of wolf 09 on YouTube?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really hope that New Colossus blows the lid open on a lot of the horrific poo poo that the USA has been responsible for in its history. While I love that in New Order you get to blast apart a concentration camp, the game doesn't go far enough with it and really address the holocaust beyond "Nazis kill undesirables". With New Colossus, they have a chance to get into some really deep poo poo involving Jim Crow laws, Klan members and institutionalized racism that seems to have made the occupation of the States a much smoother process than Europe or Africa. In Britain, the allies fought to the last man until the London Monitor massacred them, and as punishment most people live in slums without power or water. Meanwhile in the USA, you've got your 1950s suburban American ideal happily coexisting with the Nazi regime, because the barely covered up racism of white America is now totally okay in the eyes of the Nazis themselves.

I love the Fergus timeline, but holy crap having Jimi Hendrix call out America's hypocrisy in the Wyatt timeline was great. Seeing everything he condemned brought to light in New Colossus would be fantastic.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4LaR1C6Xds
It's not a Let's Play, but Ross Scott did a good overview of what Wolf '09 is like. It's not a perfect game, but it has its moments. New Order blows it out in every category though so keep that in mind if you are going back from playing the newer games.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Your Evil Twin's LP is pretty fun.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Agreed. There's no better time to show American atrocities than after it's pummeled by atomic bombs and occupied by literal Nazis.

For what it's worth, I was hoping that the US was much worse off in New Colossus. Like the vast majority rendered uninhabitable by nuclear annihilation, with any suburban life being very Potemkin-village in nature.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Arcsquad12 posted:

I really hope that New Colossus blows the lid open on a lot of the horrific poo poo that the USA has been responsible for in its history. While I love that in New Order you get to blast apart a concentration camp, the game doesn't go far enough with it and really address the holocaust beyond "Nazis kill undesirables". With New Colossus, they have a chance to get into some really deep poo poo involving Jim Crow laws, Klan members and institutionalized racism that seems to have made the occupation of the States a much smoother process than Europe or Africa. In Britain, the allies fought to the last man until the London Monitor massacred them, and as punishment most people live in slums without power or water. Meanwhile in the USA, you've got your 1950s suburban American ideal happily coexisting with the Nazi regime, because the barely covered up racism of white America is now totally okay in the eyes of the Nazis themselves.

I love the Fergus timeline, but holy crap having Jimi Hendrix call out America's hypocrisy in the Wyatt timeline was great. Seeing everything he condemned brought to light in New Colossus would be fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4LaR1C6Xds
It's not a Let's Play, but Ross Scott did a good overview of what Wolf '09 is like. It's not a perfect game, but it has its moments. New Order blows it out in every category though so keep that in mind if you are going back from playing the newer games.

I'd really like it if they went the extra mile and pulled off their own very overt southern strategy, praising the values of Andrew Jackson protecting the "right race" with the Trail of Tears and other cherry-picked historical figures to praise, a beefed up Eugenics Record Office carrying out nationwide State Sterilization Laws that were in place since 1924 and propped up by Buck v Bell to protect "the health of the state" in slightly more horrific ways than actual history to take care of the people too white to ship off to a labor camp, yet still unfit for their glorious new world; even more overt westerns extolling the virtue of "settling" and dominating the world or keeping the Japanese internment camps going and just giving them the full Gestapo treatment with a dash of privatized prison companies competing to boot-lick Nazi overlords.

We can go a lot deeper than just name dropping Jim Crow. But I doubt they will go far enough in making sure to show how similarly vile Americans can be and possibly still are in this timeline.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 19, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

I have the same issue, are you guys running AMD by chance? I've been reading a bunch of steam reviews that have said this game just plain isn't compatible with new AMD drivers and there is no word of them fixing it at all. I hope this isn't the case, I wanted to play these games after seeing The New Colossus and they don't run at all :/

I'm on Nvidia, tried latest driver, still no luck

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Crabtree posted:

I'd really like it if they went the extra mile and pulled off their own very overt southern strategy, praising the values of Andrew Jackson protecting the "right race" with the Trail of Tears and other cherry-picked historical figures to praise, a beefed up Eugenics Record Office carrying out nationwide State Sterilization Laws that were in place since 1924 and propped up by Buck v Bell to protect "the health of the state" in slightly more horrific ways than actual history to take care of the people too white to ship off to a labor camp, yet still unfit for their glorious new world; even more overt westerns extolling the virtue of "settling" and dominating the world or keeping the Japanese internment camps going and just giving them the full Gestapo treatment with a dash of privatized prison companies competing to boot-lick Nazi overlords.

We can go a lot deeper than just name dropping Jim Crow. But I doubt they will go far enough in making sure to show how similarly vile Americans can be and possibly still are in this timeline.

It was cool how they acknowledged the shittiness of America in that era with the J conversation. "Back in America? You WERE the Nazis."

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Typical slacktivist, berating the man who's doing something positive for the world while only ever sitting at home, strumming on his guitar. :colbert:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Crabtree posted:

All this but only if we get to actually kill Klansmen or sympathizers. In the Alternative make some of the Nazis Americans that willfully collaborated and every once in a while when you kill a Nazi instead of hearing 'Mein Gott!" you hear, "Oh tarnation!"

Because yeah, there has always been that racist drive in America, and the only thing that keeps many people from openly embracing it is how likely they are to be made social outcasts. Nazis would welcome that behavior.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The entire allied army was wiped out by the London Monitor while one single American Man beat it easy

America no.1 :911:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

It was cool how they acknowledged the shittiness of America in that era with the J conversation. "Back in America? You WERE the Nazis."
That scene is one of the highlights of the entire game. That and the "Ransacked" sequence because that music loving owns.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ravenfood posted:

That scene is one of the highlights of the entire game. That and the "Ransacked" sequence because that music loving owns.

Can we take a moment to recognize the music in both new Wolf and DOOM? Because holy poo poo, they both had amazing music to shoot soulless demon assholes to.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Werix posted:

Can we take a moment to recognize the music in both new Wolf and DOOM? Because holy poo poo, they both had amazing music to shoot soulless demon assholes to.

Mick Gordon. :rock: I'm ready for more of his music in TNC.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Probably too much to hope for to have Lincoln Rockwell make an appearance (and be brutally murdered).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want to see Ezra Pound giving lectures in Washington. Though I don't know if killing him would ever live up to his real world punishment.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I would like for Soros to make an appearance, even if only to taunt you through radio.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
After we got Jimi Hendrix, I'm honestly hoping for more historical people being in the game.

I'll love to see people like Malcolm X, John Lennon, Nixon and others all be involved somehow in the story.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
A timeline where JFK is the one shooting politicians from book depositories.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Fellbat posted:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

JohnnySavs posted:

Yeah, I have an AMD graphics card, and it's smooth sailing after a "clean" driver install. Also do not install the AMD streaming app (Review? LiveView) - that's supposedly a pain point too.

What are your settings? I got the thing to load with a driver rollback but but there is a massive amount of frame stutter and nothing I've tried helps. Hard to see and shoot and basically not worth playing when it's this stuttery. PC should be able to run anything from 2014 at max.

Got hyped by E3 and just want to play a fun game I missed :(

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Fellbat posted:

Would JFK instead be shooting up in book depositories?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Fellbat posted:

You mean grassy knoll.

Because there wouldn't be book depositories because the Nazi would be burning them.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Werix posted:

You mean grassy knoll.

Because there wouldn't be book depositories because the Nazi would be burning them.

He sets up book depositories as bait.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Sitting in his kampfy chair taking aim.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

It would be pretty cool for Dr. Seuss to be part of the resistance. He could make posters and graffiti and stuff.

Fair warning if you didn't know about Seuss and WW2 the stuff he did depicting the Japanese was pretty racist and he was clearly pro-internment. Just fyi.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Humerus posted:

It would be pretty cool for Dr. Seuss to be part of the resistance. He could make posters and graffiti and stuff.

Fair warning if you didn't know about Seuss and WW2 the stuff he did depicting the Japanese was pretty racist and he was clearly pro-internment. Just fyi.

Even if you were to look past how vile that was, the way he treated his wife was completely disgusting, seriously upsetting and shows you what he truly was like. His first wife got cancer and Suess abandoned her for someone else because he didn't want to deal with it. When the wife found out he simply married his mistress. It later made her commit suicide, but not before sending people love letters from Seuss to prove he did love her at some point because she was immensely lonely before her death and didn't want people thinking he was bad. In her suicide letter she told him how he could frame it as her working herself to death so his reputation wouldn't be ruined.

Yeah, he was a complete irredeemable piece of poo poo despite doing good work for children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

BillBear posted:

After we got Jimi Hendrix, I'm honestly hoping for more historical people being in the game.

I'll love to see people like Malcolm X, John Lennon, Nixon and others all be involved somehow in the story.

They already squeezed an anachronistic character (inspired by Nikola Tesla) into the TNO, so I'm hoping for an Alex Jones-type character, right down to the weird wind-up growls and sputters he makes when speaking about psychic vampires and fourth reichs.