Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

beware unintended consequences. i think the conspiritization of the right has actually made the right more vulnerable to being manipulated by actual conspiracies. if you believe the world is a conspiracy, you're more likely to participate in a conspiracy -- because that's how the world works, right?

A great example of how 'conspiritization' works in the long run is to look at the russian people. They are 'accustomed' to off the walls conspiracy theories, and they know their government lies. There is almost something like, 'information-warfare-fortifications' constructed in people's minds.

If Trump releases a million Russian government files to an american version of wikileaks, normal russians will go "whatever, its all fake" due to these constructed fortifications.

Also seriously lol all the words in the field of information warfare will be russian loan words haha "conspiritization"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

"Zuckerberg was invited but declined"

im glad of it

gently caress off zuck!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

fits my needs posted:

so the plan is to churn out a bunch of programmers at home to make them cheaper rather than importing h1bs?

gotta do what you gotta do in trumps america

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

D1E posted:

He looks like the people on that Twilight Zone episode where the surgeons are operating on the beautiful woman to make her ugly like them.

Something quite porcine about his appearance.

Referring to Jason Chaffetz, thank you, nailed it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

perhaps not the best day for republicans to bring up campaign security

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That doesn't surprise me. I like chapo but they hate anyone who isn't to the left of Bernie. They aren't wrong about the dnc being a shithole though.

i hope the blue dogs make a bigly comeback

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

TRUMP!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Yeah lets teach all these kids how to code instead of balancing a checkbook or making a budget or understand that loans and credit aren't really free money

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Joementum posted:

coding should not be a requirement in school

I say this as a coder, it's so that instead of hiring expensive people to automate minimum wage people out of jobs, they can pay minimum wage to people to automate other minimum wage people out of jobs, while they cut unimportant things like graph reading and the social studies chapter on union strikes reading out of the curriculum. Back in earlier years, you could learn coding and found a successful business immediately, now the same skills will increasingly just land you a white collar job in a cubicle while the money floats upward to people with business degrees, just like all the other industries. This is being delayed by a "make the same website, but as an app or a mobile/tablet-friendly version with HTML5 and CSS3" trend for now, but it'll be complete soon

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 23:09 on Jun 19, 2017

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Baloogan posted:

Weaponized Information is such a fascinating concept. And we're a generation behind Russia in understanding it.

Just because you got infected by their memes doesn't mean the rest of us did.
Cuck.
Oh God, what have I become?!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lessail posted:

gotta do what you gotta do in trumps america

yeah I figure the imports are just gonna go to Canada or Europe instead I guess? lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joementum posted:

It's a fun way to apply math especially with young kids.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Reality Winner posted:

when u think about it, it's obama's fault for not telling donny that luke warmbier was a vegetable

trump isn't half the brain coma expert jeb! is

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

like a big bowl of chili :)

Like what?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

perhaps not the best day for republicans to bring up campaign security

tromp represents the tromp party what the gently caress does he care :smugdon:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That doesn't surprise me. I like chapo but they hate anyone who isn't to the left of Bernie. They aren't wrong about the dnc being a shithole though.

everyone to the right of bernie freaking sucks m8

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah lets teach all these kids how to code instead of balancing a checkbook or making a budget or understand that loans and credit aren't really free money

yeah loving moochin millenials

wait what were we talking about again

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

u can see the same logic now where both the right and left justify alinskyite tactics because politics is "war." it culminated in the right outsourcing domestic dirty tricks to foreign intelligence.

IMO i can also imagine liberals copying these tactics. might already be going on with western european intelligence agencies.

Its kinda scary thinking that the CIA is gunning for the POTUS. That alone is a major win... from certain perspectives.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
if anything, recent events show that school needs to spend more time on Shakespeare, less on stuff like coding

Serf
May 5, 2011

capitalism is absolutely crushing it right now. what a fuckin boring way to die

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

I spy 3 bald men

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

if anything, recent events show that school needs to spend more time on Shakespeare, less on stuff like coding

soon schools in ameriki will only be for the chosen (((few))) and it'll be big league

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

is that the S in STEM?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i kinda wish i knew how to code, but not as much as i wish i knew how to interact with a human beingg

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/19/politics/health-care-democrats-reaction/index.html

remember when you nerds yelled at me for wanting to the dems to actually do something

well here it is you fuckos

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Joementum posted:

understanding the basics of it would be extremely good for everyone though
same with basic woodworking, welding, and other shop type stuff

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

like a big bowl of chili :)

touche

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
otto warmbier has achieved fame, can you say the same?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
but wait isn't math one of those despised Liberal Arts

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Reality Winner posted:

i kinda wish i knew how to code, but not as much as i wish i knew how to interact with a human beingg

teech urself its not hard

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/19/politics/health-care-democrats-reaction/index.html

remember when you nerds yelled at me for wanting to the dems to actually do something

look at these disgusting obstructionist Dems preventing Trump from MAGA!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Reality Winner posted:

I took some coding classes back in high school. I don't remember any of it now, and it did precisely gently caress all good at the two tech jobs I have held in my life.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/876923895424659456

good

when they go low we go lower~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
and logic is taught under philosophy

oh no

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/876920668130082818

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Baloogan posted:

teech urself its not hard

the coding or the other part

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Baloogan posted:

If Trump releases a million Russian government files to an american version of wikileaks, normal russians will go "whatever, its all fake" due to these constructed fortifications.

What exactly prevents Russians from being like us where you ignore info you don't like and get extremely horny for info you do like regardless of veracity? They collectively just treat literally all news the way CSPAM treats Breitbart and Infowars?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
We did logo in elementary school and it was good imo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Phi230 posted:

\o/

http://i.imgur.com/AV3D9KG.mp4

"When the bass drops"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

I dunno, I could see it as a minor part of the math curriculum. I mean, hell, we're not too far from the days when wood shop or home ec were requirements--a bit of dabbling in BASIC or something might be a good idea.

• Locked thread