Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Thanks!

E: Oh a new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
However, every hit on a RN cruiser is a citadel anyway :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Rorac posted:

All ships with repair can heal 100% of light damage (so, fire damage, flooding, overpens)
MOST Battleships can heal up to 50% of medium damage, 10% of citadel damage. A few can heal a higher % of citadel damage.
MOST battleships heal up to 14% of their max hp, per heal, over 28 seconds. A few specific ones can heal a slightly higher percentage, but never more than like 18%
No BB can heal more than 10% citadel damage. Warspite and Hood can can heal 60% of normal damage though. Ramming damage can be healed 100%. Torpedoes are weird and technically you can heal 50% damage from them but because damage radius hitbox is really large it usually hits the citadel meaning in practice you'll pretty much only be able to heal 10% of torp damage.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Insert name here posted:

No BB can heal more than 10% citadel damage. Warspite and Hood can can heal 60% of normal damage though. Ramming damage can be healed 100%. Torpedoes are weird and technically you can heal 50% damage from them but because damage radius hitbox is really large it usually hits the citadel meaning in practice you'll pretty much only be able to heal 10% of torp damage.

I must be mis-remembering. It's been a while since I saw the chart covering it, I thought those ships could heal more citadel damage.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Colorado is the other BB aside from Warspite that heals much more than baseline, ostensibly because it's HP pool is poo poo and it gets penned by everything.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Is there any chance of seeing premium boats that aren't on sale again? I really want the okhotnik and oleg but i missed them.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Boy howdy is the Kutuvoz good.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Fizzil posted:

Is there any chance of seeing premium boats that aren't on sale again? I really want the okhotnik and oleg but i missed them.

I've never heard anyone say those two premiums were overpowered and wouldnt be on sale anymore, so I imagine they will appear again someday. I dont think i've ever seen an Oleg in battle.

P.S. I am a seal clubbing rear end in a top hat:

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I saw an Oleg while grinding French cruisers the other day.

I'm up to tier IV now and so far it's going a lot like the German DDs - I don't really *like* these boats, but I've played some drat good rounds in them.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Sperglord Actual posted:

I saw an Oleg while grinding French cruisers the other day.

I'm up to tier IV now and so far it's going a lot like the German DDs - I don't really *like* these boats, but I've played some drat good rounds in them.

I think the Emil is fantastic at tier 5. ROF is slow, but the shells hit pretty hard and set nice fires. Plus workable torps. The complete lack of armor is an issue, but i've had it work in my favor since so much will over-pen.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Same. The French cruisers aren't my favorite, but I've only ever gotten three Krakens and one of them was in the Duguay.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Okhotnik is a very strange boat. It has a lot of guns, but the HE shells tend to shatter more often than not.

That said, it's goofy fun and I would play it more if tier 5 wasn't a nightmare to play in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Am I wrong for maining in a New Mexico?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

If a player changes their name, is there any way to see what it used to be?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Darkrenown posted:

So I tried carriers and one thing is bugging me, if I try to ctrl click on enemy planes/ships or the minimap it doesn't seem to focus them or ping like in other ship types. Do CVs just not get to do this or is there another way?

Alt-click on planes to focus your AA on them, I think? To call targets just hover the cursor over a boat while in the RTS view and press F3. Pinging the minimap is... shift click? Alt click? Don't remember.

Other CV interface hints/bug workarounds:
- If you've got your fighters locked in a dogfight and want to strafe-escape, you need to actually right click the enemy fighters first. If you give a move order first it won't let you strafe out.
- When ordering drops/strafes, prefer using the right mouse button. Both LMB and RMB work but LMB tends to select your own planes or waypoints instead of doing what you were intending to do.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

TheFluff posted:

- If you've got your fighters locked in a dogfight and want to strafe-escape, you need to actually right click the enemy fighters first. If you give a move order first it won't let you strafe out.

I didn't know this and now I think I know why I couldn't strafe out sometimes.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Am I wrong for maining in a New Mexico?

No, it's a fine ship. I have and enjoy the Arizona, a premium version of it that gives up AA and a little penetration for better accuracy.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

kaesarsosei posted:

I didn't know this and now I think I know why I couldn't strafe out sometimes.

I only found out about it myself the other day when Aerroon mentioned it in passing on one of his CV videos.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I like the cut of this person's jib: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1-UWVKw580

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I hate the Nagato. I dunno what it is, but it seems to be my cursed ship; I just could not consistently do well in it, but I didn't ragequit the line because I want the Yamato and every now and then I would take a speculative shot at a cruiser at 18km and get a citadel out of it, but overall I hated the Nagato and everything about it. Two of my friends actually enjoy and do well, but I always felt like I was fighting the ship, and it was fighting me.

Well, I finally finished the grind, and man, oh god, the Amagi is already doing so much work. I don't have any tech-tree upgrades on it, but it feels so, so much better than the Nagato.

I just citadeled a Bismark from 16km. I couldn't citadel a Bismark with the Nagato at any range. gently caress yes, this ship.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Rorac posted:

I hate the Nagato. I dunno what it is, but it seems to be my cursed ship; I just could not consistently do well in it, but I didn't ragequit the line because I want the Yamato and every now and then I would take a speculative shot at a cruiser at 18km and get a citadel out of it, but overall I hated the Nagato and everything about it. Two of my friends actually enjoy and do well, but I always felt like I was fighting the ship, and it was fighting me.

Well, I finally finished the grind, and man, oh god, the Amagi is already doing so much work. I don't have any tech-tree upgrades on it, but it feels so, so much better than the Nagato.

I just citadeled a Bismark from 16km. I couldn't citadel a Bismark with the Nagato at any range. gently caress yes, this ship.

Everyone is different but I would contend the Nagato is better at T7 than the Amagi is at T8. The Nagato is in the running for best T7 BB whereas Amagi is behind Bismarck and Tirpitz for sure and probably NC as well these days.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Rorac posted:

I am pretty sure it was bad luck; the stock Amagi is literally a Nagato with one extra turret. Same guns, similar speed/armor.

What might have thrown you off is that many people play the Nagato too far back. It has a lot of tanking potential and the guns don't shine until 12ish km. Kite and aggro enemies at medium range and it really shines without going full yolo or camping/sniping.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I have a 39.44% win rate in the Nagato over 71 games. I tried everything. Long range, mid range, brawling. Nothing ever consistently worked for me. Every match was a struggle to see if the guns would behave on each salvo, and no amount of angling ever made me feel like I was remotely safe or even comfortable engaging anything. I get battleship accuracy isn't the sharpest, but I made it work in the Kongo. I made it work in the Fuso. I'm making it work in the Amagi. I just could not get the Nagato to behave though.

https://na.warships.today/player/1001472138/Kalanco

I'm not bad at the game, or battleships in particular. The Nagato is a big outlier, and if I play it again it'll be too soon.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Not going to lie, I'm speccing my German Battleship captain to use a tanky Adreneline rush build.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Rorac posted:

https://na.warships.today/player/1001472138/Kalanco

I'm not bad at the game, or battleships in particular. The Nagato is a big outlier, and if I play it again it'll be too soon.
I think you're me on the NA server. Very similar overall win rate, terrible at the Nagato and hating it. In fact I've stalled on it and very rarely touch it except for bonus win rate days.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Do German ships get better or worse after the Konigsberg and Nassau? I'm liking the whole rapid firing lumbering armor tub thing they've got going on even if it means I can't play detection footsie with the enemy team.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

FAUXTON posted:

Do German ships get better or worse after the Konigsberg and Nassau? I'm liking the whole rapid firing lumbering armor tub thing they've got going on even if it means I can't play detection footsie with the enemy team.

German cruisers are jack-of-all trades and sort of eh.

German battleships become amazing close-in brawlers with secondaries that light everything within 10km on fire by tier 8.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

FAUXTON posted:

The entire German BB line is good. In general a bit less firepower for more armor.

German CA line is the same gameplay as Kberg except for Yorck. Power level goes up or down depending on tier

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

The Nurnberg is very playable right now, its not fantastic but being able to rotate your turrets over your front means you can allways angle and bring most of your guns to bear. Good shell velocity and so on. I didnt like the yorck at all but i understand its good if you like HE spamming. I just got the Hipper and i love it, you can put 5k AP volleys onto broadsiding battleships very rapidly at long range and with great shell velocity.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Nuremberg just clicked for me somehow. I really love the boat, potatoe skin armour and all. You can rain a holy hell down on ships and those torps are really godamn sweet when you ambush something around a corner. I usually end up playing it like a US DD with a Russian turning radius.

It's by far my best CA/CL and comes close to matching some of my BBs in terms of performance. Can't carry hard enough in it I guess.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 20, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Polyakov posted:

The Nurnberg is very playable right now, its not fantastic but being able to rotate your turrets over your front means you can allways angle and bring most of your guns to bear. Good shell velocity and so on. I didnt like the yorck at all but i understand its good if you like HE spamming. I just got the Hipper and i love it, you can put 5k AP volleys onto broadsiding battleships very rapidly at long range and with great shell velocity.

Good. I love HE spamming for some dumb reason, probably because I'm imagining someone getting very pissy over their pretty boat turning into a thousand-seaman Viking funeral.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Ugh, I feel like I got screwed by the Russian DD changes. I finished the old Gnevny but I was bored of the playstyle so I sold it and researched Ognevoi, but I didn't actually buy the new ship. Now when I look at the tech tree, Ognevoi is researched and I have a commander for it as well, but I can't actually get a buy menu to open for it without researching Minsk first? So I'm going to have to grind the loving Gnevy again another tier up?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I wasn't even playing the game (ie on 6 month break) when the Russian DD split was finalized but I saw a post on Reddit about gaming the split and logged in one day and bought the T5, T6 and T8 (I already had T7 Kiev and Khab and couldn't afford the T9 Udaloi). Then when I did come back to the game a few months later I had about 30m credits of ships and modules I didn't need. The weirdest thing was having just finished the Udaloi pre-split, had sold it and bought the Khab, I had a new Udaloi in my port but it appears to be in the other line but is exactly the same ship as before. Which btw is one of the best ships in the game it has to be said but I have no real desire to grind through it to the Grozonoi as it doesn't appear to be anything special.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

FAUXTON posted:

Good. I love HE spamming for some dumb reason, probably because I'm imagining someone getting very pissy over their pretty boat turning into a thousand-seaman Viking funeral.

Germans are really jack-of-all-trades. You have fantastic AP damage, but pretty poor penetration. Your HE pens like crazy, but has poor damage. Your Hydro is fantastic, but you'll never carry a RADAR or smoke. Your AA is good, but not better than the US. Your concealment is pretty average. You've got good armor for a CA, but its not immune to bullshit battleship nonsense. etc.

Prior to the Yorck, however, the CLs are a bit different. In that they are glass cannons... except they lack the whole "cannon" part. The Konigsberg doesn't really outDPS an Omaha, and the Nurnberg is noticeably more fragile than a Budyonny for not a whole lot in return.

If you're ok with not being able to outspot the IJN or outbrawl the US or outsnipe the Russians/French, you'll be fine with the Germans. They typically come in 2nd or 3rd at every stat they compete in, except HE damage which is fuckin awful.

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011
That moment when you push your flank alone, kill 5 enemies and still lose:

psy.Che fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 20, 2017

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

FAUXTON posted:

If you love setting things on fire, then look into Russian cruisers tier 6 and above.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

CitizenKain posted:

Boy howdy is the Kutuvoz good.

:homebrew:

Love this boat.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
For as much success and fun that I had in the Kirov and Buddonny, the Shchors is a god drat nightmare so far. I feel like even when I hang back I'm somehow the first to be spotted and within 5 seconds I'm at 10 percent health from some bullshit BB that's 20km away.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hazdoc posted:

Germans are really jack-of-all-trades. You have fantastic AP damage, but pretty poor penetration. Your HE pens like crazy, but has poor damage. Your Hydro is fantastic, but you'll never carry a RADAR or smoke. Your AA is good, but not better than the US. Your concealment is pretty average. You've got good armor for a CA, but its not immune to bullshit battleship nonsense. etc.

Prior to the Yorck, however, the CLs are a bit different. In that they are glass cannons... except they lack the whole "cannon" part. The Konigsberg doesn't really outDPS an Omaha, and the Nurnberg is noticeably more fragile than a Budyonny for not a whole lot in return.

If you're ok with not being able to outspot the IJN or outbrawl the US or outsnipe the Russians/French, you'll be fine with the Germans. They typically come in 2nd or 3rd at every stat they compete in, except HE damage which is fuckin awful.

I'm real bad at the maneuvering/positioning aspect of the game, mainly because I don't know where the enemy spawns are supposed to be, and I haven't gotten the hang of playing towards a given ship's gimmick, so I end up getting in too deep with the Kumo and Phoenix for example.