Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twenty Four

A big pile of old dry sticks definately qualifies as a flammable substance! Might be worth bringing up to our new crab friend that should definately be talked to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

hello friend crab! we're, uh, just visiting. what on earth is nestco up to? what do they do/make, and how did they manage to ensalve a bunch of crabs?

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

^^^

vanisher

16pcCutlerySet posted:

We have an accomplice! We need to see if stockholm syndrome has set in

Twenty Four posted:

A big pile of old dry sticks definately qualifies as a flammable substance! Might be worth bringing up to our new crab friend that should definately be talked to!

Manifisto posted:

hello friend crab! we're, uh, just visiting. what on earth is nestco up to? what do they do/make, and how did they manage to ensalve a bunch of crabs?

We ask him how he feels about ducks, or birds in general

quote:

Not a big fan. They took me here ages ago. I'm only barely holding on, living off this rotten crab food. Good thing I prefer it rotten.

We bring up the dried stick pile as a possible fuel source according to the plans on the floor.

quote:

oh that old thing there? That's been scrawled on the floor even before I got here, none of the other crabs could figure it out. You mean my punji trap? You didnt break it did you

We ask him what they do at nestco, why hes enslaved, and about his hopes and dreams.

the old crab begins to tell us a tale...

vanisher

Once, long ago, I was a young crab like yourself. I scurried about, investigated holes, tried to climb up metal trash cans. One day a seagull came by and landed next to me and we were friends, for a time. Slowly I grew to trust birds. Then a bird came that I had never seen before, it was a large dark winged beast. I lulled me with promises of endless food and comfort, all for the price of me pincing a couple sticks each day. It sounded too good to be true, as my dream had been to pince as many things as I could since I was just a baby. They flew me to a large open vent and dropped me in, and I landed down here. There were dozens of crabs here, all pincing away at sticks to make them varying lengths. The long sticks we would send down one conveyor, the short sticks the other, and the scraps went to the furnace. When I lost my claw in a pincing accident the duck guards called me worthless and told me to get to the CQ (crab quarters). I guess they just forgot about me down here when they moved everyone to the new facility. I'm not sure what the sticks are used for.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Manifisto

say, didn't amazon just announce a deal to buy nestco?

oh wait, that was something different

(for now)

ty nesamdoom!

Twenty Four

New (old?) crab friend must know where the funace is, and, if we could take the sticks there and burn it down and make that happen so be it!

I really would like to make peace with the birds and all, but, you know, birds...

vanisher

Twenty Four posted:

New (old?) crab friend must know where the funace is, and, if we could take the sticks there and burn it down and make that happen so be it!

I really would like to make peace with the birds and all, but, you know, birds...

We ask for directions to the furnace

I think I could probably find the way.

(crabber has joined your party)

vanisher

Can I bring a friend?

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Can I bring a friend?

probably! uh, who's the friend?

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Just a little guy who wandered down here and got lost. Ive been looking after him

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Just a little guy who wandered down here and got lost. Ive been looking after him

fine by me!

what say you, fellow crabbers?

vanisher

vanisher posted:

(duckson joins your party without waiting for your response)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Hello and welcome, Duckson.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

Splatmaster posted:

Hello and welcome, Duckson.

Welcome, hello & chat, duckson. Do you have any interesting hobbies

vanisher

Duckson is a little shy. He's never said anything to me

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Give thr grizzled crab a sip if ezood, but ONLY a sip

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

before we get too into trying to torch the place, I'd sorta like to see if we can locate and rescue any other crabs who might be pincing involuntarily

duckson can be our beard if we get caught, we can pretend to be salves under his wing, so to speak

Munchables posted:

is there any left? sure we can offer our new friends a nip if so

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
duckson is a spy! start pincering him (to death!)

Manifisto

Sensual Simian posted:

duckson is a spy! start pincering him (to death!)

maybe! actually the ezood could be useful for once, if we managed to get duckson talking to us

vanisher

Munchables posted:

Here is our ezood supply. He's a big crab he looks like he could chug it

"Oh hey... is that ezood??"

vanisher

I don't touch the stuff, lets roll out

Hmm why is this door open? These posters seem to be vandalized as well

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
stick to plan a and go down the conveyor belt, we can't afford to doodle around here until the ducks find us

Twenty Four

Manifisto posted:

before we get too into trying to torch the place, I'd sorta like to see if we can locate and rescue any other crabs who might be pincing involuntarily

Completely agree! Just a bunch of old dry sticks and a furnace seems like an easy 1+1=2 to free our crab bretheren. Definately finding and freeing is the goal, the other just might be an end to that means sometime!

Sensual Simian

summer jorts
I think a little nip of the ezood before the next leg of the adventure seems appropriate... just a taste, you know, for courage

HBar

jam some stick pieces into the bolt hole so the door won't lock closed

vanisher

Before we can jam any brittle sticks in the door crabber looks like he's on the move to take us to the furnace

well lets roll out

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Before we can jam any brittle sticks in the door crabber looks like he's on the move to take us to the furnace

well lets roll out

dun-dun-DUNNN

vanisher

Sensual Simian posted:

I think a little nip of the ezood before the next leg of the adventure seems appropriate... just a taste, you know, for courage

Our memory of ezood is painful and we have only one sip left, we offer it to duckson but he's too polite and doesn't accept

vanisher

Just this way.

uh oh

vanisher

this conveyor belt is moving us backwards!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

this conveyor belt is moving us backwards!

can we use our tentacle-knife to jam the conveyor belt mechanism?

Twenty Four

Scuttle! Or prepare for combat!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

can we use our tentacle-knife to jam the conveyor belt mechanism?

Twenty Four posted:

Scuttle! Or prepare for combat!

Mixing these ideas

"Stand clear"

vanisher fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 19, 2017

vanisher

Quick! Through the gash!

Luckily it's a serpentine belt, so the underside is traveling in the reverse direction.

vanisher fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 19, 2017

Manifisto

awesome! totally crab-ninja!

ty nesamdoom!

Sensual Simian

summer jorts

vanisher posted:

Quick! Through the gash!

omfg sexy as heck

Twenty Four

Ride it on out then I guess!

Scaly Haylie

scuttle briskly backwards until the hole loop around to the bottom. we need to go deeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Keep a close lookout for inconveniently placed rollers or other things that might harm us. Be prepared to exit the belt when we reach the end of the conveyor.

• Locked thread