Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Tippis posted:

Just remove “controlling” and it's 100% accurate.

now im picturing spaceships with legs walking around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Virtual Captain posted:

What I meant to say is it is interesting to see citizens hate on the list of features they paid for.

expecting these manbabies to actually use critical thinking skills instead of the dollar signs attached to their emotional investment that is this game is like expecting chris roberts to hire an ethically motivated VP of Marketing/HR, and learn leadership skills

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

MilesK posted:

http://i.imgur.com/vYm6lCE.gifv

e: oops, I meant to get the explosion in there

Real_physics.gif

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

"...the changes we're going to see shortly..." "...when this thing kicks off soon..."

We've been hearing "shortly" and "soon" from the same people for loving years now.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

There have been tons of background improvements in the last year. Just not to latency. Or clipping issues. Or the physics grids. Or server player capacity. Or support for any promised features beyond the ones delivered circa 2015. Or really anything that you can see or experience first hand. But the quality- oh, you can feel the difference in quality. That's the kind of difference only a year's worth of continued funding can bring.

That's probably the exciting part, is that despite all these changes, it's still a broken mess. Except now it has another place to land since it was built, and a bunch of equally broken ships.

:itwaspoo:

The real improvements are the things you can't see, because those movies will go straight to YouTube. But Sandi no longer needs to privately fake being an employee. Now she can actively market her movies and acting roles while somebody else posts pictures in her twitter feed.

Erin has given himself a nice raise, don't know what he's blowing his cash on.

Chris himself seems to be barely hanging on so he's probably got a few dealers on speed dial while he's not vacationing around the globe.

The rest are like Erin, secretly taking their huge chunks while the taking is good.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Wise Learned Man posted:

"...the changes we're going to see shortly..." "...when this thing kicks off soon..."

We've been hearing "shortly" and "soon" from the same people for loving years now.

Soon was redefined years ago, case in point:

I was at a restaurant a couple days ago and I asked the waiter when my meal will arrive and he said "soon". I immediately demanded to see the manager because thanks to CIG, my mind now equates "soon" with "never".
Thankfully the manager convinced me that my meal would be done in 2 weeks. I was so satisfied in this open approach to culinary creation that I bought a picture of the menu for $15000 and then proceeded to scream at all the other patrons about how they don't understand meal development.

I also felt compelled to blame all of the shortcomings in my life on Derek Smart.

True story.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

"Things that make star citizen look bad, even if they are real and factual, still lack the "proper context" that star citizen is in fact not bad"
- A giant idiot, Reddit, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Decrepus posted:

Real_physics.gif

Hey, It's gotta be hard for ships that are slower than WW2 planes to avoid those fidelitious missiles. That's why they don't work most of the time, it's a balancing issue.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

There have been tons of background improvements in the last year. Just not to latency. Or clipping issues. Or the physics grids. Or server player capacity. Or support for any promised features beyond the ones delivered circa 2015. Or really anything that you can see or experience first hand. But the quality- oh, you can feel the difference in quality. That's the kind of difference only a year's worth of continued funding can bring.

:same:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

MilesK posted:

http://i.imgur.com/vYm6lCE.gifv

e: oops, I meant to get the explosion in there

Seriously this should be the game.
Nipple-jets, space body horror, hilariously ineffective dancing rockets, and detached driveable space station rings.

They have... something?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So is this poo poo heap heading into Evocati or not this week? Half the crap of half the crap promised hasn't been implemented.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm way behind on the thread, but here's a little gift.

Landig sucsfl

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

So is this poo poo heap heading into Evocati or not this week? Half the crap of half the crap promised hasn't been implemented.

Don't be silly. Of course not.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Don't be silly. Of course not.

Apologies, this post https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6hpli5/300_and_global_progress_watch_update_20170616/
is being spewed as gospel.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
It's all just fine everyone, after 5 years of development we have invented non-XML network serialization (patent pending). We just need to reduce the latency by a couple orders of magnitude and figure out how we'll ever be able to scale it to more than 20 entities, and we'll be ready to start on the rest of 3.0. This is perfectly normal and good.

Remember, this is stuff that nobody has done before so it's expected that our estimate for Serialized Variable 2.0 would be off by a year!

Wait what's protobuf?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

It's all the same speculative horse poo poo.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Just wait until the end of the week

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

There are still some backers who take CIG's release dates as gospel, despite the company being notorious for letting dates slip and not telling anyone until after the fact. By having a realistic date and a bullshit date they can have their cake and eat it too. And when they push the date back this week they can say it was really close, and that Chris had his hand over the release button at the go/no-go meeting.

The live release got pushed back a month, but avocado is on track to come out over a month before the final version - a complete moron

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

tbqh i think the best thing roberts ever did was release their janky mess as an "alpha". backers go to any lengths to defend it because of that.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/876648589614735360

This is normal behavior for a well adjusted developer and negotiator.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/876910396916998144

Lesnick and Lando are both in this photo apparently, I'll let you guys decide on which one is which.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Ben puts more thought into the rich lore and history of the wing commander universe than Crobberts ever did

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/876910396916998144

Lesnick and Lando are both in this photo apparently, I'll let you guys decide on which one is which.

Stimperor making a guest appearance I see.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

In the immortal words of TouchdownTim55, "Yikes!"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Xaerael posted:

I'm way behind on the thread, but here's a little gift.

Landig sucsfl

Holy poo poo :lol:

I felt kind of sad for laughing but I mean come on bird!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The Titanic posted:

Holy poo poo :lol:

I felt kind of sad for laughing but I mean come on bird!

That bird was like 4 days old.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Decrepus posted:

:smith:

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/hateshaliek/status/824813098577981441

This is from the guy was posted earlier in thread, who had the idea for the rhythm based rpg featuring rap and dogs.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

In other scammy news, Garriot is doing an AMA about Shroud of the avatar on reddit tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar/status/876867653947850753

The questions should be interesting like:

"where did all the money go?"

"How can you go from alpha to finished product in two months? Is it because you only have two months worth of money left and you're desperately trying to make sure no one can refund due to a lack of finished product?"

"How can you sleep at night knowing all the lies you spouted on the impromptu seedinvest page?"

"Where did all the money go?"

"Can you hook me up on a date with Chris Roberts and Peter Molyneux?"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Amazing Zimmo posted:

In other scammy news, Garriot is doing an AMA about Shroud of the avatar on reddit tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar/status/876867653947850753

The questions should be interesting like:

"where did all the money go?"

"How can you go from alpha to finished product in two months? Is it because you only have two months worth of money left and you're desperately trying to make sure no one can refund due to a lack of finished product?"

"How can you sleep at night knowing all the lies you spouted on the impromptu seedinvest page?"

"Can you hook me up on a date with Chris Roberts and Peter Molyneux?"

And here are the answers that they'll give:

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I have no idea what secret hate this triggered within me(*), but I had a visceral reaction to it. I don't get much happiness out of seeing Ben kicked around even if he is a lovely person, but gently caress anyone that does this idiot nonsense.

(*)It's self hate.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I try not to pick on people and their kinks, but :(

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Decrepus posted:

Dude. Now I feel guilty for laughing. I have to not look at that page again because I know I'll stop on that gif, and that long bounce will get me again.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
But then I remember Bens webpage of comedy and honestly he deserves this life. gently caress him. I hope he stays 9 years old mentally forever.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

If you're not careful, I'll post a gif of ducklings being blown away by strong winds.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

I try not to pick on people and their kinks, but :(

[Female] ──┬── [Male]

kinky

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
They call me Emperor Joo'rad.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I'm hosed up lines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Xaerael posted:

If you're not careful, I'll post a gif of ducklings being blown away by strong winds.

Do it. Double tripple dog dare extreme.