Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

what would a Love-less trade for butler look like? Thompson, some bench guys, and future picks?

Cedi Osmon for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

It begins.

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/876957792317210624

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

GobiasIndustries posted:

what would a Love-less trade for butler look like? Thompson, some bench guys, and future picks?

Yeah, I have no idea. I guess TT and as many future picks as humanely possible. Shumpert maybe? But he seems terrible.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

This was always the rumor about Gretzsky's wife btw

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
LeBron should start trading Cavs future picks to a team he plans on joining in a few years.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Lockback posted:

If Butler is the third option, his numbers will fall just like Bosh and Love's did. Love was a WS > .230, PER > 25 player just like Butler. Butler is also just 1 year younger, so it's not like there's a big difference in age or anything.

He provides a lot more defensive value though, especially with him and LeBron being able to switch all over the place.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I see we reached the part where Dan Gilbert takes LeBron James completely for granted.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well, there goes any chance of them signing David Griffin's son Blake to a deal.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

WhyteRyce posted:

Hi warcrimes I didn't realize you spoke for every Warriors fan online glad to meet such a prestigious online poster

Oh, I thought you meant dubs-friendly media or something. Yeah, my fellow dubs fans(much like myself) say the stupidest poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lockback posted:

If Butler is the third option, his numbers will fall just like Bosh and Love's did. Love was a WS > .230, PER > 25 player just like Butler. Butler is also just 1 year younger, so it's not like there's a big difference in age or anything.

Butler can Guard Curry, Klay, Durant, and Draymond.

Love can maybe guard Dray.

Lebron had to do loving everything for them to have a chance, You had Richard loving Jefferson guarding Durant for large stretches of that series.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/876950966855245825

I'm enjoying people making GBS threads on Gilbert

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

The one thing I will say about Love's time with the Cavs is it has made the prospect of sitting through a game featuring him in Phoenix to be a much more pleasant idea than when there were rumors of him coming over to Phoenix from the Timberwolves.

You have to admit that this is the longest that Sarver has put up with a 1/4-1/2 empty building without a panic move for a player who doesn't really fit with the GM's plan to market around. The fact that he's been holding out this long is commendable.

Yeah I get that, but it seems like he finally got wise to the fact that those half assed moves are the reason they've had an empty building for years. Earlier this year he told season ticket holders that they plan on being a legitimate playoff team by 2020 and that they wouldn't be pursuing any big names this summer. Who knows.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

misdirectomy posted:

This was always the rumor about Gretzsky's wife btw

Except that it wasn't true.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Except that it wasn't true.

Kevin Hart is the new Allan Thicke

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NationCLE/status/876959962731335681

:thunk:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

He's gonna be their new GM and that's gonna happen, somehow.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Mr Big Shot needs to hurry up and take that job imo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

lmao

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Do it

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
If I was Cleveland, I would trade Kyrie rather than Love. Kyrie is a great one-on-one scorer with the best solo handle I have ever seen, but his passing is middling for a point guard and his defense is lacking. Lebron is the primary facilitator anyway. Trade Kyrie for Butler, put Butler at off guard, and watch your defense and rebounding skyrocket. You might be able to slow down the Warriors. You probably won't even lose much scoring - Butler is drat good at that too.

I know it's a hot take and I know that sometimes Kyrie looks like a god among men for stretches, but overall I don't think he helps you win nearly as much as Butler would or a (properly used) Kevin Love does.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I mean he was a big factor in Shaq and Durant. I hope it happens because this will help to get Jeanie Buss chased away.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Yeah I get that, but it seems like he finally got wise to the fact that those half assed moves are the reason they've had an empty building for years. Earlier this year he told season ticket holders that they plan on being a legitimate playoff team by 2020 and that they wouldn't be pursuing any big names this summer. Who knows.

Well, maybe things have changed!

I have honestly thought of buying Suns season tickets, if they had a bus like the Diamondbacks did I would probably.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I have honestly thought of buying Suns season tickets, if they had a bus like the Diamondbacks did I would probably.

Suns have been my second team for almost 15 years now so anything good that happens to them is fine by me

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

They do such a lovely job of reaching out to Tucson. Like, that's clearly a city that enjoys basketball lol

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/876964830510551040

LeBron to LA confirmed

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dear God

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Welp, sorry about your Franchise, Cavs fans :smith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

guess we'll be seeing Gilber'ts goomba bow tied kids again in 2019

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
shut up shutup SHUT UP SHUTUP

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Brolander posted:

He gone

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

Sorry, I'm glad for the attention to be averted off of Danny Ainge for a few minutes

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dan Gilbert is the dumbest man in America

And that includes Trump

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
anywhere but the loving CLippers

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If I was Dan Gilbert I wouldn't fire a pop corn vendor without consulting Lebron.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
come to new orleans lebron you'll never have to pay for a shrimp po boy ever again

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Welp that that. What a dumb way to sabotage a team.

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010
I'm grateful Lebron came back and brought my city a championship. If he leaves next year after GM Chauncey Billups trades Irving and Love for Rose and Melo, how could I possibly blame him?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol at Dan Gilbert. LeBron now has an excuse to leave when most of the day had Butler to Cleveland rumors. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

• Locked thread