Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I got rimewind, an animated silver, and an animated bronze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I got a Roland yesterday and today I got another Rose Queen and a Beast Dominator. I guess I can make a meme deck now?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Is arena the best use of gold? It seems like even if you suck and only get a couple wins, you still might as well do that as opposed to using it directly on packs.

Also, I opened a second Cerberus recently. I'm considering biting the bullet and picking up the prebuilt theme deck for a third one and slapping together one of the budget aggro shadow decks I've seen. Is that still a solid way to go?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Animated Dragon flute, another Odin and Crystalia Tia. I normally get nothing, so hey.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Is arena the best use of gold? It seems like even if you suck and only get a couple wins, you still might as well do that as opposed to using it directly on packs.

Also, I opened a second Cerberus recently. I'm considering biting the bullet and picking up the prebuilt theme deck for a third one and slapping together one of the budget aggro shadow decks I've seen. Is that still a solid way to go?

If you want Standard cards or just want vials, take two is your best bet.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Is arena the best use of gold?

In theory yeah, but I'm always drowning in Take Two tickets I can never get through. I'm up to 21 and I think we get more free ones tomorrow.

If you can somehow get to the bottom of your Take Two tickets then go for it. I just don't have the time or enthusiasm to play that much Take Two. Plus I'd rather save my gold for the next expansion rather than vials from base set packs via Take Two.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
I had 6 standard packs to open and this was the luckiest I've ever been in this game. Three(!!) Sea Queen Otome, a Fairy Princess, a Mythril Golem, and an animated Tsubaki!

All cards I didnt have and I've got no clue if any of them are good though since I've only really play forest decks.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

currently only tsubaki is really played out of those but keep the otohimes too

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Didn't get even a single gold or legendary from this DE run

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I got this pack as one of my five DE packs today and thought it was funny:

I also got one legendary from the packs, and an animated one at that. It was my second animated Sun Oracle Pascale and my third overall. I almost feel obligated to make a lovely deck with her now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Unless I get one tomorrow, I will clear all forty free packs without any legendaries

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

today was my first brick day with zero legendaries. i dont feel bad now though. none from 35 packs is pretty lovely luck, sorry.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Awesome! posted:

today was my first brick day with zero legendaries. i dont feel bad now though. none from 35 packs is pretty lovely luck, sorry.

It's okay my initial set of packs (no rerolls) had seventeen legends (one animated), and when I opened 60 packs of Bahamut to go Daria hunting, I got eighteen legends, two animated, distributed well so I only had 2 total extras

I'm just reverting to the mean here

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Best pull was an animated Lurching Corpse. :suicide:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I got this pack as one of my five DE packs today and thought it was funny:

I also got one legendary from the packs, and an animated one at that. It was my second animated Sun Oracle Pascale and my third overall. I almost feel obligated to make a lovely deck with her now.
Do you know how many DE packs I've bought since it became irrelevant hoping to get an animated humpty??? At least fifty. Not even kidding.

Make sure you check out the evolved art on him. It's glorious.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

No Wave posted:

Do you know how many DE packs I've bought since it became irrelevant hoping to get an animated humpty??? At least fifty. Not even kidding.

Make sure you check out the evolved art on him. It's glorious.

You weren't exaggerating, he's incredibly shiny.

Also I tried some stuff with Sun Oracle Pascale and she seems even more disappointingly mediocre than resources led me to believe. The effect happening at the end of your turn kills it, although it'd be way too silly if it happened right away.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol pulled another frigging Ginger D;

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

gently caress yes. Pulled my 3rd Cerebus from my 5 standard packs today.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Welp, all trash. Two bad golds I already had three of.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Third Matriarch, a second Daria and a Shadow Reaper. One pack behind still, but these five were solid.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

That's the last legendary for the set, I think!

E; This card is rather uhhhh suggestive

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 23, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Who cares about those lovely cards? Make Elana great again!

https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/878085976299421696

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Im just a mage, who slots into Dirt

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
He's pretty strong all things considered.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

a couple support cannon changes were added to the patch notes:
(Update) When an allied Aurelia, Regal Saber comes into play, Support Cannon’s effect will deal 2 damage plus 1 for damage each enemy follower in play.
(Update) When an allied Luminous Standard is in play and an allied Commander follower comes into play, Support Cannon’s effect will deal damage equal to the buffed Commander’s attack.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Now when you take turn 5 off to not effect the board, you will only lose instead of be disappointed and then lose

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

Now when you take turn 5 off to not effect the board, you will only lose instead of be disappointed and then lose

Don't worry, if sword does badly then next expansion they'll have a 5pp 4/5 follower with ward, that draws 2 cards, and spawns a cannon when killed.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
As someone who plays dirt a lot, I'd be hard pressed to put that new Levi in when Professor of Taboos and Curse of Calamity are at the same cost and have a bigger impact on the board

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

grinder dirt doesnt even need more board clear it needs an actual win condition

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'd argue that Levi is better than calamity in most situations since he damages the enemy leader as well as puts a fairly strong body on the board. He's also pretty strong without earth rite triggering

E: I think the last of the spoilers are out, save for 1 missing silver card

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/6eyzbf/wonderland_dreams_card_reveal_chart/

Forestcraft is shaping up to look really good this time around, and seems to be breaking away from it's usual tricks of OTKs and face rushdowns.

And we finally have an earth sigil amulet that, instead of sucking poo poo, is actually quite good.

This thing for blood will be a nice replacement for Grimnir in some cases. It's got a really neat, and versatile, effect. I think!

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 24, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Release date is Wednesday!

https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0121

Story for Urias, Isabelle, and Rowen (suck it Eris)

Solo missions being added (I assume daily?)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I got a whole bunch of ranked mission so I dusted-off the good skeleton army and tried my first ranked matches in like a month and a half (I didn't play for 30 days or so).

First opponent is anti-shadow haven. Over the course of the game I ate:

3 Scriptures
2 Judges
2 Acolyte's lights
2 Priests of the bald
3 Tribunals
and 2 10-pp Grimnirs

We were both basically at 1 pp by the end, me dropping one threat every turn (and by threat I mean a single catacomb or chimera) and he banishing it and hoping to set-up for Aegis. Finally, he dropped the aegis amulet only for me to topdeck Cerberus (finally!).

Yeah, that was a disconnect.

Otherwise, my kinda aggressive, kinda mid-range deck still works.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Im just a mage, who slots into Dirt

Speaking of Levi, I put together a budget aggro DShift deck from a list I found and I think old fart Levi is almost more offensive by himself than chaining DShifts together. He's ridiculously good and for some reason his voiced line makes me laugh.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

levi was endlessly whined about when daria was being played a lot

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
He's easily the best runecraft card and one of the best 2-drops in the entire game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Levi is singlehandedly the reason I have a 70% winrate against blood as Daria

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

I'm considering crafting a playset of Grimirs for midrange Shadow. should I Wait for the meta to settle after the new xpac?

I'm still a very new player.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

normally i would say wait but grimnir is not going anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I started going through my T2 tickets to try and grind some more rupees for the expansion, but I don't think I can do it. Take Two is just so loving terrible right now. I usually still get at least 2 wins, even with somewhat terrible decks, but I'd rather do something that I actually enjoy. Guess I'll have to settle with about 35 packs - thankfully I have a lot of vials saved up.

• Locked thread