Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

DatonKallandor posted:

Also since it's been so long, which one are the 2nd Crusader Wave Clans angry about : Not being told there's an Amaris around or not being told that they successfully reformed the Star League?

They don't know about Amaris, I don't think. We voted not to tell anybody about Amaris' challenge. So all they know is that two Clans basically hosed off to nowhere. The others have failed to take over the whole sphere, and the Vipers have seemingly gone native.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

anakha posted:

Hopefully PTN hasn't turned Korean Salaryman into Downtrodden Laborer Caste Korean.

Perhaps so, but he is still close to the guerilla leader, the Chair of the Resistance.

A is my vote, though in terms of getting valuable setting information both B and especially C seem worthwhile, and D would give us some hint about whether there's a robo-Amaris who didn't quite get killed all the way.

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

Honestly they should reboot the entire battletech franchise in PTNs universe. All these scenarios are insanely good. I'm beholden though to the former clan named for my alma-mater so my vote is for B.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
B, Irresponsible use of JumpShips? :getin:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

A We need to take back our home planet! Also NWRW all the time is boring and war crimes are bad.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

My stint as a pilot was as part of the newly integrated DCMS and AFFS, so I gotta see how the Dracsuns do in a proper fight: A

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Plus if Option A wins there is a chance that a goon will finally be gifted with the opportunity to drive one of these magnificent beasts into battle.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Scintilla posted:

Plus if Option A wins there is a chance that a goon will finally be gifted with the opportunity to drive one of these magnificent beasts into battle.

That's a drat good point

Also, while I'd be totally down to see the NRWR start their Heart of Darkness in deep Clanspace, we're probably due to see what's up with the PTN-verse's biggest walking powder keg.

Dropping a vote for A, but all the options are interesting.

Bulletfodder
Dec 4, 2009
Tossing in a vote for D.

Niacin
Mar 8, 2005
not so much
Gotta vote B for the Doolittle Raid writ large and with stompy robots.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
voting for A because of a high chance of someone fighting for MY HOME PLANET!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

D

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I genuinely want to see all of these play out, but I think I want A most of all.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Voting for A but I also really really want to see either B or D run after this string so that we can finish up that thread personally so to speak.

Kickass Harpsichord
Dec 3, 2009
Basically what Gwaihir said. A, but I really hope we get to see either B or D afterwards.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
A.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
gently caress. Can we do them all?

Two of them?

I hate you PTN.

Voting Plan D

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Too many good options! I hope the ones that don't make it come around again.

D - for the possibility of Demon Hawks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I want to see D

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
Blast those filthy civilian clanners.

I'm sure they did something.

Urcinius
Mar 27, 2010

Chapter Master of the
Woobie Marines
D because I'd like to see what the Dragoon D-Type is.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I think it's also a good idea to note that just because a choice doesn't win, that doesn't mean the chance to play it is necessarily gone; look at how many times we had the option to play as the Youngblood-Kalma Mercenary Company (Actual Name Pending) before they became the Demon Hawks we've all come to know and love.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe

Narsham posted:

Perhaps so, but he is still close to the guerilla leader, the Chair of the Resistance.

A is my vote, though in terms of getting valuable setting information both B and especially C seem worthwhile, and D would give us some hint about whether there's a robo-Amaris who didn't quite get killed all the way.

A. FOR THE CHAIR!

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I vote for B . Phone posting is awful.

Velius fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 20, 2017

Corponation
Apr 21, 2007

Fantastic.
I need B. I need the long jump.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I think it's also a good idea to note that just because a choice doesn't win, that doesn't mean the chance to play it is necessarily gone; look at how many times we had the option to play as the Youngblood-Kalma Mercenary Company (Actual Name Pending) before they became the Demon Hawks we've all come to know and love.

And each time we didn't vote for them, their position got a little weaker. But even with all that, all they needed was a strong father figure to carry them to victory. :black101:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fraction Jackson posted:

It's a super close vote so I'm gonna lobby for A again.

We haven't done too much with the DS for a while, and there's a lot of interesting stuff to mine there. If you're thinking of voting for B to stick it to the Clans - which is understandable - A would stick it to them too, in a proper, less questionable way. A stand-up fight with a lot of potential for interesting tension between units and some combined-arms mayhem, all on a battlefield where the thread had some of its most famous moments.

If you're really digging the NRWR and want to avenge Amaris, then you want D. Same if you liked the Demon Hawks a lot and that's why you're pro-NRWR, because they might show up again on D.

Could B end up being an interesting scenario in a gameplay sense? Sure. PTN's not gonna make a bad scenario. He's good at this. Is it easy to look at it and go "this is a batshit crazy plan and it shows us somewhere we haven't seen?" Sure. And it's not like a vote for a LP thread on an internet comedy forum is going to make anyone a bad person or anything. And it's understandable that the most "stick it to the Clans" option is popular, because, well, people want to stick it to them. I'm not exactly rooting for them to win either.

But this is so obviously the beginning of a big heel turn for the NRWR, where we see not only how creative their plans are, but how underhanded and downright brutal they're willing to be. It is the gazing into the abyss and it gazing back. B is not just a daring ploy to cripple the Clans, it's changing the rules. It's not just about factories and politics and taking control of land or citizens, it's about aiming to destroy a culture. Not seizing anything but crippling; not claiming dominion over but reducing to a pre-industrial society, punishing not just the warriors and Khans but everyone down to the laborers. It's going back to a First Succession War kind of thinking. It is taking a society and leaving it to rot as one that will have to transition quickly across the board, from feeding the population to medicine to government. Again, Amaris' words: "I just want the Homeworld Clan society reduced to an agrarian one." The literal best case is being cut off from the rest of known space for literal centuries unless someone comes looking for them, with a massively reduced population and a dead culture sitting in the wreckage of the SLDF's last gasp. Again, best case.

It's not quite Galedon, Galax or Alarion during the Jihad, no. It probably doesn't rate with Kentares. But, it's arguably more morally bankrupt than what Amaris' forces did during the Coup when they retreated from worlds in the wake of the SLDF's advance, and that's some of the worst poo poo the original RWR did in the original timeline (and presumably in this one too). And we, the thread, would be the ones helping to carry out Amaris the Younger's mission in his own words.

So, you know, think about all that before you vote.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
If you don't vote B, you're Clan loving scum.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Skoll posted:

If you don't vote B, you're Clan loving scum.

I'm Clan loving scum, and I voted B.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

CalvinandHobbes posted:

Honestly they should reboot the entire battletech franchise in PTNs universe.

This is a fact but I think we'll need to establish some kind of insurgency to do it.

I am also clan loving scum that voted B, they didn't need the pentagon worlds for squat anyway, this attack is only going to turn them into rage golems and it will be glorious.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
You goons voting A are so boring.

A conglomerate of good guys with slightly less good guys takes on the bad guys in one big brawl?

Textbook. Predictable. What a snoozefest. I'm falling asleep right this second. I'm dreaming of more exciting things while I type.

Voting B, because risk-takers with huge balls are the true agents of chaos.

Props to those voting D though, your support for NRWR and the demon hawks takes big balls, and your balls are particularly big, but only slightly less big compared to option B.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Voting for option B. Let's see how the deepest of deep strikes goes!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Voting B so we can suffer a catastrophic misjump and find the Tetatae.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Holybat posted:

Voting for option B. Let's see how the deepest of deep strikes goes!

+1 for BATTLE BROTHERS conducting multiple simultaneous and simultaneous devastating multiple devastating deep strikes.

Bloody tough vote this time, they're all so good.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Freakazoid_ posted:

A conglomerate of good guys

No one is the good guys.

quote:

Props to those voting D though, your support for NRWR and the demon hawks takes big balls, and your balls are particularly big, but only slightly less big compared to option B.

Ah yes, it takes big balls to vote for the faction with bullshit Word of Blake tech in the 3030s. Wait. No it doesn't. Maybe actually voting for any option other than the NRWR is actually the cool option?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Fraction Jackson posted:

Ah yes, it takes big balls to vote for the faction with bullshit Word of Blake tech in the 3030s. Wait. No it doesn't. Maybe actually voting for any option other than the NRWR is actually the cool option?

I am little more than a slave to canon and even I think this is a bad opinion.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Voyager I posted:

Voting B so we can suffer a catastrophic misjump and find the Tetatae.

We already found the Tetatae. Or hallucinated them, at least.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Votin' Plan D!

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

We already found the Tetatae. Or hallucinated them, at least.

:parrot:SQUAWK:parrot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

B. Let's kick the Clans where it hurts.

• Locked thread