Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

big nipples big life posted:

I asked my dad yesterday what he would have done if I told him I was taking a vacation to North Korea and he said he'd kick my rear end. A good dad imo.

the big nipple doesn't fall far from the big life :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

COMRADES posted:

3O is right

i'm never forgetting you said this lmao

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
most go you need to go to church

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I wish atma would make a warmbier.exe thread :saddowns:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Rip

stump collector
May 28, 2007

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Otto Warmbier: coma, coma, coma, coma, coma Korean

Kum n go

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Sorry to quote my own post, but this is more accurate, now:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Blue Train killed Otto :tinfoil:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Blue Train killed Otto :tinfoil:

That seals it: he's my favorite poster.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I wonder what it's like to be one of the Swedes assigned to their embassy there. Would they never leave the grounds except to get to Dear Leader's Airport? Do they have faith that the regime will honour their diplomatic ties and not just bust in one day and capture everyone as hostages like Iran did?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the swedes are alright

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
this guy was a spy?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Agent Escalus posted:

I wonder what it's like to be one of the Swedes assigned to their embassy there. Would they never leave the grounds except to get to Dear Leader's Airport? Do they have faith that the regime will honour their diplomatic ties and not just bust in one day and capture everyone as hostages like Iran did?

There's a book called "Only Beautiful, Please" which talks about some Brit who was assigned to work at the embassy there. I read it and it's not as exciting as you may think, just tons of bureaucracy everywhere. It seems like he had a lot of opportunities to interact with the locals. One of the interesting points he makes is that for the people of the DPRK, their only real frame of reference are the days before the revolution. Living in the DPRK may have a lot of negative aspects, but compared to occupied and feudal Korea, it's a lot better in many objective ways.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Everyone likes Swedes

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

ive had plenty of rich people just take poo poo that belonged to me because they thought they could get away with it. its too bad more of them aren't dead

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Thinking about thos oxygens

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jun 20, 2017

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

but braunschweiger look-alike Shane Smith told me NK was the perfect ironycation destination??

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Nobody deserves nk slave camp/brain death.

It was an expected outcome of vacationing in North Korea, not a deserved outcome

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Toadvine posted:

Kim Jung does.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Toadvine posted:

It was an expected outcome of vacationing in North Korea, not a deserved outcome

it will never cease to amaze me how many people get offended at gallows humor on the something awful dot com comedy website

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

it will never cease to amaze me how many people get offended at gallows humor on the something awful dot com comedy website

thats the real reason the forums are now dead and gay. millenials sobbing over other millenials.

e: and because incel mod.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm going to skip ahead, but is that one dummy still here who thinks a trip to NK was a way better idea than going to Mexico because of the DRUGS and GANGS and BROWNS

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

I'm going to skip ahead, but is that one dummy still here who thinks a trip to NK was a way better idea than going to Mexico because of the DRUGS and GANGS and BROWNS

Yeah what's up bitch

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Do you have something to say?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I'm not offended. It's funny in a cosmically gruesome way.

people itt should focus more on that part and less on basking in the mistreatment they think he deserved.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

VikingSkull posted:

Idk man someone disagreeing that he deserved it and thinking that the situation itself isn't funny doesn't mean they're offended by the actual gallows humor ITT

gallows humor is making jokes in light of something you actually think is sad/tragic, not guffawing at someones misfortune and saying they had it coming without making a joke. not saying you can't have that opinion but it's not gallows humor. see forums poster GRINDCORE MEGGIDO's posts for examples on how to do it right

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Oh boy I love when goons mince about what's appropriate. Are you guys this pedantic in life?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Would you tell anybody in real life you think Otto deserved what happened?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

B. Birdsworth posted:

Idk man someone disagreeing that he deserved it and thinking that the situation itself isn't funny doesn't mean they're offended by the actual gallows humor ITT

gallows humor is making jokes in light of something you actually think is sad/tragic, not guffawing at someones misfortune and saying they had it coming without making a joke. not saying you can't have that opinion but it's not gallows humor. see forums poster GRINDCORE MEGGIDO's posts for examples on how to do it right

:agreed:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

Oh boy I love when goons mince about what's appropriate. Are you guys this pedantic in life?

I don't know man it seems to me like the people whining the most are the ones bitching about not everyone agreeing that he deserved it. See the dude still whining about my posts in the other thread. get over it

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Toadvine posted:

I've been saying that the kid is a dumbass. When McCandless merked himself in the woods, I had the same reaction and lol.

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Toadvine posted:

check out the other thread where some goon says he thinks the dude deserved it but his coworkers think it's sad and tragic and he feels compelled to pretend to agree with them so that they don't think he's --get this-- a fuckin weirdo

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Oh, and that kid who got caned in Malaysia like a decade ago for spraying graffiti.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

*clutches pearls* this young idiot got himself killed and people on something awful dot com are mocking him. They aren't reacting like they would at my job where everyone approved of my distaste to what happened to warmbier

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
You're bitching an awfully lot for someone pretending to be a hardass. lol

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
My solemn thoughts and prayers are with the Warmbier family.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Warm beer and cold disapproval

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Here's the sign he tried to steal:

It says something to the effect of: "Let's firmly arm ourselves with patriotism!" which is a pretty basic bitch slogan as far as propaganda is concerned. He probably could have taken the money he used going to NK and printed a poster just like it here in the US.

down n out fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
People posting on the forum that set 9/11 to Yakety Sax want you to know a bro dying after he though hanging out in North Korea was a good idea is a very serious subject that shouldn't be made fun of.

• Locked thread