Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Vikar Jerome posted:

is this how rosalina is meant to be luigi and peaches kid from the future that i read somewhere on this hell we call the internet.

BUT THAT'S JUST A GAM- :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If there is anything good left in this world this petition will succeed: https://www.change.org/p/free-lives-release-broforce-on-nintendo-switch

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
They couldn't get it working right on the PS4, I really doubt they'll do much better on the switch.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Has anyone tried a third party dock like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071X7C1B4
Or another one? How well do they work?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DalaranJ posted:

Has anyone tried a third party dock like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071X7C1B4

Well since that's not out until October and the only other one I know of requires you to dismantle your own dock, I don't think anyone's really tried it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

I believe that's the first 3rd party dock that has been announced.

It looks really nifty and I'm def down for picking one up instead of the 300% price increase in buying the official Nintendo dock

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

They couldn't get it working right on the PS4, I really doubt they'll do much better on the switch.

It's running good after the patch. I'll admit pre-patch it was rough though

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
True pros just buy a second switch instead of buying a new dock and joy con separately.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/DavideSoliani/status/876746995037331457

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/saiyanisland/status/876579867013386241

Honestly think DBFZ for Switch is gonna happen at this point :allears:

Imma buy that poo poo instantly

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 20, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I just preordered Mario Odyssey. Nintendo has broken me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Your not broken unless you buy all your 1st party Nintendo games digitally.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You're not broken yet.
Just wait until they announce that VC games can only be played on the switch if you own the original carts.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

irlZaphod posted:

Maybe they should spend less time on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and more time making sure they've actually scored. :colbert:

This is why no one likes soccer. They took the point away because he's faster than everyone else? Super lame.

You didn't see them taking points away from Jordan because he jumped too high. :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

new Firmware update for the Switch. It actually does something!

quote:

- Register a channel to receive News for specific games
To register, head to News > Find Channels
- Add friends from your Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Friend Lists
To add friends, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Friend Suggestions
- Receive notifications when your Friends go online
To turn this ON/OFF, head to System Settings > Notifications > Friend Notifications
- Find paired controllers within communication range by activating the vibration feature
To search, head to Controllers > Find Controllers
- Change the user icon order on the Home Menu
To change order, head to System Settings > Users > Change Order
- Select from 6 new Splatoon 2 characters for user icon
To edit your user icon, head to your My Page on the top left of the Home Menu > Profile
- Change the system volume from the Quick Settings
To access Quick Settings, hold down the HOME Button
- Lower the maximum volume for headphone or speakers connected to the audio jack
To lower the max headphone volume, head to System Settings > System > Lower Max Headphone Volume
* This settings will be ON when Parental Controls are enabled
- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors
- Connect a USB keyboard to the dock to type whenever the keyboard is on the screen
- Use the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller via wired communication by connecting the USB charging cable
To enable, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication
* The NFC touchpoint on the Pro Controller will be disabled while the controller is using wired communication.
- Update connected controllers
To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers
Added a feature that suggests deletion of software data when insufficient space when downloading other software
* User save data is not deleted

General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience, including:

- Resolved an issue that caused game software updates to fail and prevented the software from starting
- Improvements to prevent unintended HDMI input change with certain TVs while the console is docked in Sleep Mode

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Heyyyyy, HDMI sleep improvements! I've been dealing with that since day one on my LG set, fingers crossed that this puts and end to constant popups when using any other input.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Keyboard support is cool

Now get mouse support so I can play Minecraft properly

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This is why no one likes soccer. They took the point away because he's faster than everyone else? Super lame.

You didn't see them taking points away from Jordan because he jumped too high. :colbert:

Basketball has the same rule, essentially, the three second rule. In soccer and basketball it's meant to prevent a player from just hanging around the opposing team's undefended goal. Hockey also has an offside rule.

Also: it's perfectly OK to be faster than the defending players, as long as you receive the ball before you pull ahead of them. It's receiving the ball when there's no other defender (besides the keeper) between you and the goal that's the problem.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 20, 2017

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Wonder what the controller update is about

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I imagine it's to help you find them if you lost them?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Well all mine are already up to date so yay...whatever that will ultimately be about.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

update to 1-2 Switch that adds a mode where you find the other player's hidden controller.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

LethalGeek posted:

Well all mine are already up to date so yay...whatever that will ultimately be about.
What the heck are you on about?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
The Splatoon 2 user icons don't include Marie, so this update is trash

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

DLC Inc posted:

You'd have to be insane not to, even Tekken put in something this year.

:crossarms:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Weird that they added Splatoon 2 icons but no Arms icons.

Wired functionality for the Pro Controller is a nice touch for the eSports crowd. The controller selection among SSB players may rise to two options.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Quote posted:

- Change display colors to Invert Colors or Grayscale
To use this feature, head to System Settings > System > Change Display Colors

Well, I just played a round of Mario Kart using this setting, and it is absolutely disgustingly amazing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh no they turned on "Friend is now playing Game" notifications by default

BOO

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

What the heck are you on about?

quote:

- Update connected controllers
To update, head to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Update Controllers

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TFRazorsaw posted:

Holy poo poo this is some good stuff.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cool update but I want my video clip capture.:(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Cool update but I want my video clip capture.:(

Lol, what do you think the Switch is a full featured gaming device?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I want my video upload functionality so I can spam youtube with my terrible ARMS online play skills

and eventually my terrible online rocket league skills

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

iajanus posted:

I want my video upload functionality so I can spam youtube with my terrible ARMS online play skills

and eventually my terrible online rocket league skills

Just give me what MK8 had on the Wii U.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Now that I finally have a neon switch, quick Mario Kart question. My brother has Mario Kart and the switch out of state. We can battle each other online right? Like it's easy to find each other and race?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wait, why does this greyscale and inverted colors thing exist? I thought it was just for the menus but it's for the entire system? I just played a greyscale tetris game and got to 145 lines before I couldn't tell the pieces apart anymore.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I kinda think video capture isn't coming now. They only mentioned briefly once at the January event. Hope I'm wrong though.:(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Bluff Buster posted:

Well, I just played a round of Mario Kart using this setting, and it is absolutely disgustingly amazing.

Can you take a screenshot?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cojawfee posted:

Wait, why does this greyscale and inverted colors thing exist? I thought it was just for the menus but it's for the entire system? I just played a greyscale tetris game and got to 145 lines before I couldn't tell the pieces apart anymore.

https://twitter.com/antdude92/status/876960358812012549

Creepypasta mode for all your games unlocked!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nintendo's killer app: Inverted colors.

• Locked thread