Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Fister posted:

Ok i lost at it all those phones exploding :laugh:

:lol: thanks Samsung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

At this point, the only just fate for Richard is Jared beating him to within an inch of his life.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

priznat posted:

Jian Yang kickin rear end. "We call my uncle in Beijing. He is very corrupt". And the bag throw then peel out :lol:

I was surprised when he actually made it to Belson. I thought Jian Yang would have his corrupt uncle throw him in prison, never to be heard from again.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Man, they turned Richard into a villain. What the gently caress. How are they gonna bounce from this? His team loving HATES him right now.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They can pull a Veep and break apart the cast and group them. It's been working well (IMO) there.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

pnumoman posted:

I was surprised when he actually made it to Belson. I thought Jian Yang would have his corrupt uncle throw him in prison, never to be heard from again.

They can still deny him an exit visa and/or have his passport "stolen."

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They can still deny him an exit visa and/or have his passport "stolen."

He also has no money and Jian Yang only bought him a one way ticket.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
[Jared concerned face]
"I'll get as many of these motherfuckers as I can!"
"We'll be rewarded in the end."

Of all the things the show could have brought back, why the gently caress did it have to be the agonizing cringe of Richard talking to Winny?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I think the rise and fall of Theranos is so profoundly stupid that I can view just about anything in this show as believable, so the complaints about Richard's idea don't particularly bother me.

What I love most though is the moments where they really nail the satire. Like last week where Jack is watching an old keynote speech by Gavin and he is in complete awe of him even though hes just talking some nerdy poo poo in an unimpressive way. Or this week where Dinesh immediately dismisses the idea of actually donating money to charity because playing a game about poverty is way more fun.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Vintersorg posted:

Man, they turned Richard into a villain. What the gently caress. How are they gonna bounce from this? His team loving HATES him right now.

Maybe all those rumors were slightly off and it's Thomas Middleditch that's leaving, and Urlich's about to come back from India to take over the company.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
so uh they live in elrich's house how is he going to pay the taxes on it lol

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The best part of the episode was easily Jack doing a parody of Steve Ballmer's "I LOVE THIS COMPANY".

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I laughed plenty during this episode, but I don't really like the increasingly dark direction this is going in.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The Dave posted:

The best part of the episode was easily Jack doing a parody of Steve Ballmer's "I LOVE THIS COMPANY".

The only thing missing were the pit stains.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I hope the writers are going somewhere with Richard, because at this point I don't know how anyone can still stand by him. He's a lovely person, and not even in an entertaining Always Sunny way.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
No Colin Powell cameo?

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

404notfound posted:

I hope the writers are going somewhere with Richard, because at this point I don't know how anyone can still stand by him. He's a lovely person, and not even in an entertaining Always Sunny way.

Yeah. This season and this episode in particular has shifted the recurring narrative from "Richard gets talked into black hat stuff which fails miserably because he's too well-meaning to pull it off" to "Richard talks the others into black hat stuff which fails miserably because he's too self-absorbed and petty to pull it off.

I liked that Jared snapped and called him out on this, since the original narrative was the whole reason why he worshipped Richard in the first place.

I was expecting the last conversation with him to be an apologetic reconciliation, instead it was Richard saying "Hey look it worked, guess you were wrong to be upset."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Has there been any outrage about the suicide bomber joke yet? That was hilarious. "You press that button, and poof, you're gone." "I'll get as many of those mother fuckers as I can!" "We'll be rewarded in the end."

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cojawfee posted:

Has there been any outrage about the suicide bomber joke yet? That was hilarious. "You press that button, and poof, you're gone." "I'll get as many of those mother fuckers as I can!" "We'll be rewarded in the end."

A coworker just pointed this out to me when we were talking about the ep, it went right over my head when viewing it :lol:

I cannot wait to see Mia's vengeance on Dinesh, oh my god.

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

Cingulate posted:

I laughed plenty during this episode, but I don't really like the increasingly dark direction this is going in.

I love the increasingly dark direction this is going in. Richard has always been an petty, full of himself rear end in a top hat. Before, he was too much of a coward to be evil - now he's finding ways to be evil "for the greater good". But he's a megalomaniac, and Jared realising this is fantastic. This show ends with Jared dropping a bloodied club and staggering into the sunset, having done the needful.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why do computer dweebs call routers pineapples

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Apparently it's a brand name? https://www.wifipineapple.com/

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

GigaPeon posted:

Apparently it's a brand name? https://www.wifipineapple.com/

It's also a wifi router specific to hacking other unsecured wireless connections so it's not just a normal router (from what I can gather).

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Avasculous posted:

"Richard gets talked into black hat stuff which fails miserably because he's too well-meaning to pull it off"

Richard has never been well-meaning. This dark direction of the show isn't anything new, and certainly isn't anything out-of-character. Richard has been an rear end in a top hat the entire time - it's just starting to become more visible out of desperation.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

get that OUT of my face posted:

At this point, the only just fate for Richard is Jared Ed Chambers beating him to within an inch of his life.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

SHOAH NUFF posted:

They're a hacker tool. Pineapples intercept wi-fi connections, constituting a man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack. If you're connecting or already connected to wifi, the pineapple can induce your computer to connect to it instead, opening you up to a whole new world of chicanery.

I'm guessing it's a 'shove a pineapple up your rear end' thing.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'll get as many of these mother fuckers as I can. :happyelf:

That whole scene was amazing. The deadman's trigger and everything just really played out well.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
There was even some faint, cliche middle east music during that scene.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I do like that Richard's inability to be a decent human being with regards to women he's sorta dated in times past leads him to loving himself over in some way again. It hasn't really shown its head much since S1, but given an opportunity Richard will gladly slit his own throat to be petty.

Poop-Fare? Poop-Fare?!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Honestly the best acting by Middleditch in this past episode is when for the first time in a while Richard's eyes go wide when he realized "hey c'mon, calm down" wasn't going to cut it and he might *actually* reap actual emotional and physical consequences for his actions...

...but then the invisible hand of Judgian fate swoops down and scoops him into his manloving embrace and Richard learns absolutely gently caress all except he's obviously "special" in some way. I think what makes it all the more intolerable is that it's like seeing a savant version of Chris-Chan get away with things by blaming the 'tism.

I like Mike Judge, but four seasons in now, and every loving season ends up feeling like a retread of the check under Lumbergh's door - "oh wow we're so hosed oh wait now we're slightly less hosed than everyone else, ~yay~."

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

I cannot wait to see Mia's vengeance on Dinesh, oh my god.

this was so great

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I hope so, because that was the perfect suicide bomber joke possible. It deserves attention.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else immediately recognize the boyfriend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwofYhUJEM

MadJackal posted:

I hope so, because that was the perfect suicide bomber joke possible. It deserves attention.

I picked up on it right away but somehow completely missed the last 2 lines. I thought they were setting up a whole scenario so I am glad it panned out as a really funny brief joke.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 20, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Did anyone catch the end credits song this week? That beat was awesome. Usually it's in the AV Club review but they didn't have it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1kuYYhtJPw

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

"He's gonna run, and then you're slowly chasing him trying to not spill your bag of boiling metal. You're gonna look like a loving idiot."

"gently caress you."

I love the rare occasions Dinesh gets one over on Gilfoyle.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone else immediately recognize the boyfriend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwofYhUJEM

I don't know what this is, but I recognized him because he's an actor and has been in other things. Most recently Buddymoon.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

ChesterJT posted:

I don't know what this is, but I recognized him because he's an actor and has been in other things. Most recently Buddymoon.

He's a comedian named Flula Borg, he has been on @midnight a bunch, and he is a total riot. Check him out on that show.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess having a youtube channel really can lead to success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

mycomancy posted:

He's a comedian named Flula Borg, he has been on @midnight a bunch, and he is a total riot. Check him out on that show.

Yeah like I said I know who he is, just not the youtube video.

• Locked thread