Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I don't remember who it was against but that fight where old man Ali was just chillin out in the corner holding onto the ropes and the other dude couldn't even lay a hand on him remains one of the funniest and most amazing things I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Noctone posted:

I don't remember who it was against but that fight where old man Ali was just chillin out in the corner holding onto the ropes and the other dude couldn't even lay a hand on him remains one of the funniest and most amazing things I've ever seen.

look up videos of pernell Whitaker if you like that

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Paulie is going to be talking poo poo about Conor and the whole matchup in general all night long.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Noctone posted:

That was an exhibition match but I like to pretend they were going for realsies.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm pretty sure that title goes to Muhammad Ali/Chuck Wepner.

I meant the absolutely no defense fighting style Stallone brought to the big screen, not the inspiration. Gatti-Ward 1 Round 9 is probably an even better real life analogue.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grem posted:

That was an exhibition match but I like to pretend they were going for realsies.

Yeah, me too :)

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I mean he certainly looks like he's trying to hit him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Noctone posted:

I prefer this one

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
and thus mma was born

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That Rumble in the Jungle vid above made me notice for the first time how marked up Foreman was getting even by the 5th or 6th.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

Never would've guessed 6 months ago that Mauro would end up calling more Conor McGregor fights than WrestleMania shows this year.

There's a non-zero chance that Jim Ross will call more WWE matches this year than Mauro did.

I also assume that this means John Layfield is gonna watch this whole fight with the sound off.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
ICE CUBE could sabotage Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather’s plans to stage their super fight at the T-Mobile Arena.

The rapper’s BIG 3 basketball league had already booked the location for the league championship game on the same night.

The UFC star and retired boxing legend announced their highly-anticipated bout would take place on August 26.

A BIG 3 source told TMZ they have no intentions of moving their date.

With their game expected to go ahead, BIG 3 are continuing to promote tickets to their match to take place on August 26.

Ice Cube gonna get paid y'all

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Lid posted:

ICE CUBE could sabotage Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather’s plans to stage their super fight at the T-Mobile Arena.

The rapper’s BIG 3 basketball league had already booked the location for the league championship game on the same night.

The UFC star and retired boxing legend announced their highly-anticipated bout would take place on August 26.

A BIG 3 source told TMZ they have no intentions of moving their date.

With their game expected to go ahead, BIG 3 are continuing to promote tickets to their match to take place on August 26.

Ice Cube gonna get paid y'all

Plus butterbean is filing an injunction because he couldn't fight Mark Hunt in Nevada for a purse consisting of conklin fairground tickets and a pair of used air force ones

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
*nodding* the fight wont happen because of ice cubes basketball team and butterbean.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Oh its happening but Cube is going to sit on it until the money is right.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Haha lets just say... floyd mayweather Jr doesnt make money if butterbean doesn't get a taste.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Hm. Conor...

Conor will sweep the leg

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lid posted:

Oh its happening but Cube is going to sit on it until the money is right.

Sure

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Ice Cube, Butterbean. An unholy trinity will save Mayweather from his fate

Do you think he's paying them to intercede?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

They can still fight at the MGM...

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Not unless cube says it's cool

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd love for Conor to kill Floyd with a volley of low blows then get DQ'd, arrested, and sent to prison for manslaughter by ball punches.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Conor is going to win by KO for the same metaphysical reason that Donald Trump is the president

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The Nevada State Athletic Commission wouldn't sanction Butterbean vs. Mark Hunt in an MMA fight because Hunt was too good at grappling, and it wouldn't have been fair to Butterbean.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

pro-click

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Amazing, haha

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40323850?ocid=socialflow_twitter

quote:

Former UFC fighter Tim Hague has died aged 34 after being knocked out in a boxing bout in Canada on Friday.

The Canadian, who fought in UFC from 2009 to 2011, was knocked down five times in the first two rounds against Adam Braidwood before it was stopped.

He walked out of the ring but was then taken to hospital and fell into a coma.

"It is with incredible sadness, sorrow and heartbreak to report that Tim has passed away," his family said in a statement on Sunday.

"He was surrounded by family, listening to his favourite songs," they added. "We will miss him so greatly. We ask for privacy during this difficult time."

Hague beat Pat Barry on his UFC debut but went on to lose his other four fights.

He held a similar record after moving to boxing, starting with victory over Patrick Graham, then losing the following three bouts, including two knockouts against fellow Canadians Mladen Miljas and Braidwood

A sign of things to come?

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Yeah, guys who make a career out of getting f-f-f-hosed up in the ring will continue to get hosed up IRL as well

dude had like 8 KO losses in the last couple years

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Five minutes of Conor sparring some middle of the road WW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfl_2A-MfmY

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Sound posted:

getting f-f-f-hosed up in the ring will continue to get hosed up IRL as well

Kind of a specious comparison -- as far as the brain is concerned, fighting is real life.

With any ref they'd care to use for the McGregor/Mayweather fight, that would have been 3 knockdowns and done.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Yeah that's a tragedy but it's a tragedy caused by negligent ring doctors, refs, corner men etc. Something like that is extremely unlikely to happen in a fight this high profile with much more competent staff present. The fight will be stopped long before Floyd actually dies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JaySB posted:

Five minutes of Conor sparring some middle of the road WW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfl_2A-MfmY

Conor vs Nick Diaz boxing would be neat.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

Yeah that's a tragedy but it's a tragedy caused by negligent ring doctors, refs, corner men etc. Something like that is extremely unlikely to happen in a fight this high profile with much more competent staff present. The fight will be stopped long before Floyd actually dies.

Wait I thought we agreed Conor could do anything. Don't you try to put limits on him now.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I'd love for Conor to kill Floyd with a volley of low blows then get DQ'd, arrested, and sent to prison for manslaughter by ball punches.

Actually I learned over the weekend that this is a perfectly viable approach to winning a boxing match. Conor will be fine.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can't believe you guys already filled 12 pages here but wont bother to post in our designated boxing thread

shameful

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
probably better off that way if you wanna talk about other fights without having to sort through all the conor/mayweather poo poo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That's why I made this thread, instead of having it in the UFC thread. I knew it would be more than a month's worth of shitpostingdiscussion, for a start.

Conor has decided he's a free agent as far as apparel sponsorship is concerned, so congratulations to him on another massive payday.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Memento posted:

Conor has decided he's a free agent as far as apparel sponsorship is concerned, so congratulations to him on another massive payday.

My God, he's going to be so rich(er)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Can't believe you guys already filled 12 pages here but wont bother to post in our designated boxing thread

shameful

This fight isn't going to be much of a boxing match, its a freakshow.

• Locked thread