Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Clair the Est of this game? Is it normal that she's getting four stats up per level regularly or am I just really lucky?

Est is the Est.

Claire is actually really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Clair the Est of this game? Is it normal that she's getting four stats up per level regularly or am I just really lucky?

Lucky.

Mine literally never gained strength and was tickling enemies by chapter 3.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Zore posted:

Lucky.

My Whitewings were all horrid. My Est procced single HP levels 4 times. Which considering it's only a 35% growth is loving miracle.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Zore posted:

Lucky.

And right after reading this, I got an almost perfect level except for Res. I guess to compensate, my dreadlords are overwhelmingly terrible with a crapton of one stat ups.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Onmi posted:

My Whitewings were all horrid. My Est procced single HP levels 4 times. Which considering it's only a 35% growth is loving miracle.

Apparently in Echoes if you'd be getting an empty level, you'd get a +1 HP level instead. :eng101:

So chances are your Est got about 2-3 empty levels out of those!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Do promotion levels count for learning spells purposes, or should I get Luthier to level 15 for Sagittae first?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
The former. Just promote him right now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

blizzardvizard posted:

Apparently in Echoes if you'd be getting an empty level, you'd get a +1 HP level instead. :eng101:

So chances are your Est got about 2-3 empty levels out of those!

My favourite was Palla (At 60% strength, I think the highest in the game.) having the lowest strength across both parties and my Kliff being one of the slowest.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

So like, if Cipher has original characters, are they from any of the normal FE worlds? Are they just sort of there, in this FE card game, not being FE characters, or are they inserted retroactively into old stories as original character do not steals?

Also the guy on the right is the only one that aesthetically looks like an FE character. The Pegasus Knight on the left could be one maybe though she's still a bit unusual. The two in the middle just straight up don't look like they belong in Fire Emblem.

The Hidari art for them looks like it belongs in Fire Emblem, so I am eating crow on this 50-page-old post

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

The Hidari art for them looks like it belongs in Fire Emblem, so I am eating crow on this 50-page-old post

Speaking of which, since I don't think it was posted:

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I hope Hidari gets/can do more Fire Emblem art. The aesthetic in Echoes really helps set the tone, and while some of the designs are only practical in fantasy-land settings, none of them go waaaaay over the top with impracticality imo.

There was also a refreshing amount of variety in people's facial features and stuff

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Hidari feels more skilled at drawing different poses for art as well

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
As opposed to....who, the gameboy people?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Blazing/Binding, Sacred Stones, Console, and Fates/Awakening were all different artists, weren't they?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, it's a weird comment considering the last artist put a variety of poses on his art which was very dynamic compared to most of the franchise before it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What's the Saint girl even trying to do with her leg? Is she leaning against an invisible wall and bracing against it?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Probably sitting on an invisible ledge, like Claire.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Finally finished the game and here are a couple things I've noticed about the world of Valentia:

- The political and social structure of the realm is governed by the size of a person's cape. Villagers are cape-less and thus of no worth to society, but as a person gain ranks and changes their class
they gain increasing larger and multi-layered capes to designate their new status. This trend continues right up to the King who wears a cape large enough to cover a small bus. I was legitimately surprised the gods were represented as dragons and not by giant sentient capes.

- The entire economy is apparently based on the trading of alcohol to the point where even the dregs of an half drank ale bottle are worth more than a finely crafted sword or shield.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Vakal posted:

Finally finished the game and here are a couple things I've noticed about the world of Valentia:

- The political and social structure of the realm is governed by the size of a person's cape. Villagers are cape-less and thus of no worth to society, but as a person gain ranks and changes their class
they gain increasing larger and multi-layered capes to designate their new status. This trend continues right up to the King who wears a cape large enough to cover a small bus. I was legitimately surprised the gods were represented as dragons and not by giant sentient capes.

- The entire economy is apparently based on the trading of alcohol to the point where even the dregs of an half drank ale bottle are worth more than a finely crafted sword or shield.

Just what do you think their wings are, guy.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I like Echoes a lot so far (up to Act 3), more than I enjoyed Fates at any rate. It seems to have more in common with a traditional RPG than the rest of FE and I have to change my mindset about some stuff, but it's a really smooth experience so far.

When does Forging open up though?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

I like Echoes a lot so far (up to Act 3), more than I enjoyed Fates at any rate. It seems to have more in common with a traditional RPG than the rest of FE and I have to change my mindset about some stuff, but it's a really smooth experience so far.

When does Forging open up though?

Chapter 3. Find a village that showed up in that chapter and it'll have a blacksmith.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
uhh did I somehow not recruit Mathilda? She didn't die. Was I supposed to talk to her or something?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

She's in the castle, go free her.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh what the hell? I got spooked.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

I admit I completely forgot about Jesse (Nomah too, lol)

I freed him from his cell, only it was right before Duma tower. Dude got released to Celica's bench.

Not being made to fight in a war dramatically improved his chance of survival, I guess

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I don't see the point of Jesse really, Celica's route is already way to chock full of sword dudes and it doesn't seem like he really excels at anything.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dread fighters are op and you can deploy everyone

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I don't see the point of Jesse really, Celica's route is already way to chock full of sword dudes and it doesn't seem like he really excels at anything.

More Dread Fighters, or not more Dread Fighters?

I'm gonna go with more.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you pick sonya and make atlas into something else celica only has 3 sword dudes which isn't exactly a lot in a game with only six classes

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
His Skill is real good so he can use the Zweihander the best out of Celica's dreadfighters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Endorph posted:

if you pick sonya and make atlas into something else celica only has 3 sword dudes which isn't exactly a lot in a game with only six classes

but why would you pick sonya when you could get another dread fighter instead

more dread frighters

mooooore

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'cause i wanna gently caress sonya

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

more dread frighters

mooooore

Because Sonya is more interesting as a character.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

more dread frighters

mooooore

Cause Boey is kind of not a great mage and Saber/Kamui are good? Also kinda what endorph said.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Celica's maps really don't lend well to having a lot of melee characters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tae posted:

Celica's maps really don't lend well to having a lot of melee characters.

If anything they lend even worse to having a bunch of a 4 MOV dudes. At least Dreads get 7 MOV on promo.

Endorph posted:

'cause i wanna gently caress sonya

I remain confident in my statement that whether or not you recruit Sonya will have minimal impact on your ability to get physical with her.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Sonya and Genny cutest friends

I knew I made the right decision choosing her when she killed a guy and said he was too ugly to win

:allears:

Also, the little bits of dialogue Sonya has with Jedah, Hestia, and uh, Otherwitchia were an interesting extra layer of plot for me.

Idk at the end I had 3 DFs (Grey, Saber, Kamui) and 3 Brave Swords... and while more DFs is more DFs, that was already plenty powerful to begin with.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Does anyone besides Sonya even have contextual dialogue when facing an specific opponent on the battlefield?

Even combos like Clive vs Fernand and Alm vs Berkut just gives you the generic battle taunt.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sonya and genny got married in their endings. gay marriage isn't legal in echoesland which is why genny had to lie about it and why they had to leave for a bit. they went to fateslandia and got married there. then they came back and spread the witch rumor to escape noted anti-gay activists, like kamui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vakal posted:

Does anyone besides Sonya even have contextual dialogue when facing an specific opponent on the battlefield?

Even combos like Clive vs Fernand and Alm vs Berkut just gives you the generic battle taunt.
Alm and Celica have dialogue with Rudolf and Judah respectively. Besides that, no.

• Locked thread