Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Raxivace posted:

When I came into the series in early 2008 (Jesus christ), there were already a million memes about it, the Objection generator was already a thing etc. It's hard for me to imagine like, playing 1-1 in a context before all of that stuff existed- makes me wish I knew more about the early history of the franchise's introduction into the US and such.

I'm still a little surprised the first game even was localized at all tbh.

Internet message boards everywhere filled with mock Edgeworth and Phoenix court battles in ASCII shortly after the first game came out :unsmith:

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQZFwBRAvyk

still the best imo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Back in the halcyon days when THE WORLD was all anyone knew about Jojo.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

From TWO THOUSAND AND SIX.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Waffleman_ posted:

Back in the halcyon days when THE WORLD was all anyone knew about Jojo.

Now it's all about Killer Queen already turning something into a bomb and c h e w

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

The criminally underrated Schadenfreude featuring Franziska and Phoenix, posted in 2009 as a silly birthday present.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the only good unofficial media ever created of phoenix wright was phoenix drive

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Nice bust Maya

Cool beans

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
sign outside of enix

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

random thought *spoilers for this game and AAI2*

Ga'ran got the lighter from Blaise Debeste

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

No surprise, really, being that same sex marriage isn't legal in Kyotifornia.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No, this is Los Tokyo. San Frankyoto is way down south, past San Diegosaka

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I forget how he feels about marriage, but regardless he is marrying Phoenix, and Maya will officiate and also be accused of a murder.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The DLC case is really hitting home how weird is it that Gumshoe completely disappeared and no one ever mentions him again...

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

He died from sodium overdose and a heart attack due to a diet consisting of only instant noodles.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

That is so weird. I saw most of the videos posted back when I had no idea what Phoenix Wright was. I thought they were good then, but watching them again knowing who the heck these people are makes them a million times better. :D

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/868913771657535489

Do you think this is a goddamn game

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

He died from sodium overdose and a heart attack due to a diet consisting of only instant noodles.

but if maggey byrd was the one cooking it for him...

... does that implicate her in the murder :objection:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eat Your Hamburgers, Waffleman

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Guess what game you won't ever get to play

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Lady Layton's Mystery Whatever It's Called Now comes out soon, play that instead.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey guys, did you hear? Dr. Turner Grey got murdered up in Kurain Village. They're saying that so-called spirit medium Maya Fey killed her. Isn't she the one who got accused of murdering her sister last year?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hey guys, did you hear? Dr. Turner Grey got murdered up in Kurain Village. They're saying that so-called spirit medium Maya Fey killed her. Isn't she the one who got accused of murdering her sister last year?

You can't even take a step fifty miles Near L.A. without getting murdered, geez....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yeah, and Phoenix Wright was there too! I'd say he'll probably take the case, but he's a witness, isn't he?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Oh yeah! That's why the defendant seemed so familiar! Wonder how she's holding up.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm sure that Fey girl was "falsely accused" this time too.

That lawyer of her's was accused of murder too! Am I the only that sees through these questionable scumbags!!???

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Anyone heard anything about Edgeworth lately? :ohdear:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Plom Bar posted:

Ah you mean that other friend of Wright's that got accused of murder?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Plom Bar posted:

Haven't you been watching the news? Guy disappeared and they found a suicide note in his office. Guess those losses and him getting accused of murder hit him hard.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, without him the court just hasn't been the same. We need hard-rear end invincible prosecutor to put criminals in their place again. Another VonKarma without the corruption.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Didn't he have a daughter in Germany? They interviewed her after December's trial.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The "Kurain technique" is a loving scam, people, why does no one else see this?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Fangz posted:

The "Kurain technique" is a loving scam, people, why does no one else see this?

Man, last year that Wright guy put a loving parrot on the stand and still won the case. At this point I'm willing to believe anything.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Geez, and I was planning on visiting Kurain Village too. Ah well, maybe some other time

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've been to Dr. Grey's clinic before, the man was a complete rear end in a top hat. You should've heard the way he talked to his nurse. Not surprised someone offed him.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I wouldn't want to be treated by a surgeon who believes in the Kurain channeling technique.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Fangz posted:

I wouldn't want to be treated by a surgeon who believes in the Kurain channeling technique.
Maybe that's why Ben Carson looks like he's sleeping all the time... He's actually trying to channel spirits. :tinfoil:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hot dang, I just looked up some info on this Grey guy and some serious malpractice went down in his hospital. A nurse offed several patients last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Capcom just took down the fan subbed DGS from youtube. Anyone know if they have done something like this before? The videos have been up for more than a year so it's weird that they got taken down now.