Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

World War Mammories posted:

hey guys i know trump is fine and all but now i'm hearing that bernie would have won?? can someone confirm????

it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

theperminator posted:

Bernie would've given everyone free healthcare no strings attached and free education without raising taxes.
Imagine people in the DNC saying this but with hushed, concerned voices.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

theperminator posted:

Bernie would've given everyone free healthcare no strings attached and free education without raising taxes.

there would no strings attached

there would be ropes attached to the necks of the rich though!!!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Both are correct. Please spread the word

whoa hosed up

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Why stop at free college and cheap and free healthcare? Some of you people just aren't thinking big enough. How about free trips to Mars? Free housing? Free food. poo poo just make everything free.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

phasmid posted:

Imagine people in the DNC this but with hushed, concerned voices.

"This is unacceptable, he has not even been initiated into the inner circle"
"This idealist moron will ruin everything!"
"For the good of all, he must be destroyed"
"Yess, yes good. Now for the evening's entertainment: 'cheese pizza'"

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Poetic Justice posted:

Why stop at free college and cheap and free healthcare? Some of you people just aren't thinking big enough. How about free trips to Mars? Free housing? Free food. poo poo just make everything free.

This is how you get millenials to vote for you, they love free poo poo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Nice try, but millenials don't vote

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I would be ok with paying more taxes for health care and college being "free" if it meant I didn't have $6000/year premiums, $3000 deductible and $7500 max out of pocket and didn't have to start a 529 for my future kid cuz tbh I'd likely be money ahead

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Poetic Justice posted:

How about free trips to Mars?
Stop trying to kill me, Elon.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Haha gently caress

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

theperminator posted:

Taxes would only need to be raised on the rich, so no people would be taxed. It's also not really a tax. If a guy mugged you and you took back your wallet, it's not a tax on the mugger, it's returning stolen property.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I would be ok with paying more for health care if it meant the top 20 executives of each major health insurance company were beaten severely and lost all their assetd and also all the companies nationalized and disbanded

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I would be ok with paying more for health care if it meant the top 20 executives of each major health insurance company were beaten severely and lost all their assetd and also all the companies nationalized and disbanded

please tag your erotic fiction, i read this thread at work

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Same but make it top executives of all companies. I'm coming for your boring rear end, Roger Goodell

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Make it the top 50 and you've got yourself a deal

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You probably shouldn't have voted for the guy who's going to sign legislation that gives them each twice as many private jets

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Lemming posted:

Taxes would only need to be raised on the rich, so no people would be taxed. It's also not really a tax. If a guy mugged you and you took back your wallet, it's not a tax on the mugger, it's returning stolen property.

That sounds handwavy and I'm going to need actual numbers on that before I believe it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lemming posted:

You probably shouldn't have voted for the guy who's going to sign legislation that gives them each twice as many private jets

Yeah, I know. But at the time Obama seemed like the best choice available.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

At least he's cutting back on Hilary's promise of triple jets

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

:thurman:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

:eyepop:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

*wipes sweat from brow*

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

theperminator posted:

Hop to it then, I'll be waiting.

You seem to lean more to the left while claiming to like politicians who lean right. Wouldn't it make more sense to encourage the left to change as opposed to trolling right or are you one of those idiots like snatch who thinks excelerationism is actually a concept that works

Either way it's good to see you post like you got neutered after being probated for 3 days cause you're actually trying to look like you're have conversations now

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Aesop Poprock posted:

You seem to lean more to the left while claiming to like politicians who lean right. Wouldn't it make more sense to encourage the left to change as opposed to trolling right or are you one of those idiots like snatch who thinks excelerationism is actually a concept that works

Either way it's good to see you post like you got neutered after being probated for 3 days cause you're actually trying to have conversations now

My posting is excelerationist

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I'll need to see your spreadsheet skills before I reach a final decision.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I'm an accretionist, which is why I pray for an asteroid strike daily

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

My phone stopped autocorrecting for whatever reason so my rants come through unfiltered and dumber now

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

"Look Debbie Wasserman Schultz, they're right outside our yard."

"Quick Debbie Wasserman Schultz, go call the convention guards."

"No, wait!
We need a more permanent solution to our problem."

"What then to do about Senator Sanders?
Miracle wonderman, hero of fools."

"No riots, no army, no fighting, some slogans."

"One thing I'll say for him -- Bernie is cool."

"We dare not leave him to his own devices.
His half-witted fans will get out of control."

"But how can we stop him?
His glamour increases
By leaps every moment; he's top of the poll."

"I see bad things arising.
The base crown him Prez; which the donors would ban.
I see blood and destruction,
Our elimination because of one man.
Blood and destruction because of one man."

"Because, because, because of one man."

"Our elimination because of one man."

"Because, because, because of one, 'cause of one, 'cause of one man."

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

I once had a brilliant idea. Well more brilliant than normal but you'll understand that soon. You know those lawn flamingos poors/mentally deficient people plamt on the lawns of the trailer park they're presently occupying? What if I had made ones with some lovely Trump hair? I mean I'd become a multi millionaire before I inherit more money. Ya'll would buy one right? Two? $20? $30?

Wow good idea me put me down for 0 though for I have class.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 20, 2017

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*eric cartman, holding sign that says "not my president" and stan marsh with sign saying "trump is a nazi"*

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Poetic Justice posted:

That sounds handwavy and I'm going to need actual numbers on that before I believe it

Here's a research paper on California's single payer health care bill. It could be funded by a 2.3% payroll tax and 2.5% sales tax, with offsets for the lower and middle classes so the only people paying more would be some of the rich. Overall the state would save money.

Of course it's dumb to structure it like that at all (it should be funded entirely by the rich, so it should come with a tax cut for everyone; this was only a proposal as a proof of concept by the researchers), but the point is it's cheap and easy. The bill throws every private insurer in the trash can.

http://www.healthycaliforniaact.org/wp-content/uploads/Pollin-Economic-Analysis-SB-562.pdf

Edit: I don't have education on hand but if you look at this chart and don't think you could scuttle a few yachts and build schools instead then lol

https://i.imgur.com/B1NlyME.jpg

Lemming fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 20, 2017

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

Some of us have big brains and can understand that the world isn't literally black and white, sometimes the answer is in the middle etc, sometimes the other guys are right.
I know it's a tough concept to understand that $political_party is not always 100% correct and that the other guys are not always wrong.

quote:

Either way it's good to see you post like you got neutered after being probated for 3 days cause you're actually trying to look like you're have conversations now

I think it's more that you've stopped frothing at the mouth so much.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

theperminator posted:

Some of us have big brains and can understand that the world isn't literally black and white, sometimes the answer is in the middle etc, sometimes the other guys are right.
I know it's a tough concept to understand that $political_party is not always 100% correct and that the other guys are not always wrong.

On which specific issue are the Republicans right lmfao you've bought into both sides-ism so hard it's hilarious

Pro tip: the "middle" is between the Democrats who think we should take care of people and the Democrats who think the poor should be enslaved, not between the Democrats who want slavery and the Republicans who think they should be rounded up and killed

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Lemming posted:

On which specific issue are the Republicans right lmfao you've bought into both sides-ism so hard it's hilarious

Pro tip: the "middle" is between the Democrats who think we should take care of people and the Democrats who think the poor should be enslaved, not between the Democrats who want slavery and the Republicans who think they should be rounded up and killed

and this, folks, is why the Republicans are going to slaughter the Democrats in 2018

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Lemming posted:

See the only things you have you just straight out make up.

Here's a couple of things:

* Don't think ISIS fighters should be allowed to roam free after coming home
* Don't think poor mexican people should be brought in and used as slave labor under threat of calling the feds
* Killed the TPP
* Increased funding for NASA
* Think that people should be screened before entry rather than just letting everyone in (look how well that worked for england, france and sweden)
* Response to terrorist attacks isn't "well this is how it is now, better do nothing!" and "this is white peoples fault"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

and this, folks, is why the Republicans are going to slaughter the Democrats in 2018

Republican politician != Republican voter

Can you name a single Republican politician that hasn't voted in a way consistent with the goal of killing all the poor

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

theperminator posted:

"You seem more reasonable now. :smug:"

"gently caress off buddy, YOU'RE more reasonable now."

"Why I oughta...!!"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Lemming posted:

Republican politician != Republican voter

Can you name a single Republican politician that hasn't voted in a way consistent with the goal of killing all the poor

just lol @ you completely not getting how hyperbolic you are on a consistent basis

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I believe that the most fundamental right is the right to be wrong. You don't have to respect your political opponents, their views or even their lives. However, once you've jumped the gun and view them as lesser people, you lose respect for their *right* which is something held by all - including yourself.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

theperminator posted:

You only posted in reddit/twitter esque alt-right trolling style until you got probed now you're acting like you're arguing within reason I don't think it's wrong to point at that and laugh and call you a dumb coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

You only posted in reddit/twitter esque alt-right trolling style until you got probed now you're acting like you're arguing within reason I don't think it's wrong to point at that and laugh and call you a dumb coward

Maybe you should read my posts again

• Locked thread