Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
3 seasons later Howard is somehow not an evil character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
So how do they fit Howard into season 4 without Chuck? Kim needing to go back to HH(M) if she loses Mesa Verde and being tortured with the potential partnership? Could see that driving a wedge between her and Jimmy.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I wonder if Chuck cashed Howard's check before he died.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

I doubt that.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

oh my god we all got what we wanted and it's so sad

I echo what most people said about that. It's just sad.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RedSpider posted:

LOL at the suicide prevention hotline. Did AMC force them to do that?

it was the right thing to do.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Holy poo poo Chris Hardwick or whatever is the definition of a meek and mild beta male

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Even if Chuck is dead..."

Uh, yeah, he's loving dead

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I was waiting for an exposed gas line to blow Chuck's house sky-high.

kefkafloyd posted:

Also, Chris Hardwick is a tool.

I liked him on @Midnight but am sick of him being everywhere now.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So wait Jimmy told Kim about what he did with Irene and they were still cool?

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

anime was right posted:

it was the right thing to do.

Why? Is there an abundance of suicidal people watching this show?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So wait Jimmy told Kim about what he did with Irene and they were still cool?

Kim is a ride or die kind of lady.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RedSpider posted:

What does it hurt in your world to spend literally two seconds on that

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Poque posted:

What does it hurt in your world to spend two seconds on that

It didn't feel artistic at all, and it completely took me out of what was supposed to be a powerful moment.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RedSpider posted:

people on the verge of suicide are often pushed over the edge when reminded of it as an option. people often commit suicide in waves because of the reminder.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

corn on the cop posted:

Chuck just walked into the light.

God bless your foreshadowing, Vince.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's also just standard practice any time a TV show features a suicide. This isn't the first time I've seen it.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

anime was right posted:

people on the verge of suicide are often pushed over the edge when reminded of it as an option. people often commit suicide in waves because of the reminder.

So why is BCS responsible for this?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RedSpider posted:

oh okay you're trolling nevermind

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

RedSpider posted:

It didn't feel artistic at all, and it completely took me out of what was supposed to be a powerful moment.

It took you out of the moment after it followed a teaser for an after show and three production company logos and chimes? Gimme a loving break.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even think the power meter was actually running.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
McKean looks great with that beard

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Disappointing Pie posted:

It took you out of the moment after it followed a teaser for an after show and three production company logos and chimes? Gimme a loving break.

There have been many characters committing suicide in TV shows and suicide prevention hotline nonsense never appeared afterwards. They had respect for their audience.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I don't even think the power meter was actually running.

Yeah something about the way it was shot made me think it was just an automatic thing it did, the KW hours never changed at all and we saw it over the course of a day.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
AMC should be commended from saving the internet from the discussion of whether or not that was a suicide, and also potentially saving some lives or whatever.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

AMC should be commended from saving the internet from the discussion of whether or not that was a suicide, and also potentially saving some lives or whatever.

nah dude thats silly

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Can a mod change the subtitle of this thread to the suicide prevention hotline pls

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wow, how far out was this written and shot? Kinda sesnitive timing still considering Chris Cornell. I'm assuming its just coincidence

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

RedSpider posted:

It's not, but it is a courteous thing to do. So many people view mental illness, even after watching something like tonight's BCS as a joke or trivial. AMC's choice to show the number was a good one.

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

RedSpider posted:

Did the immediate sidebar preview for the final season of TURN: WASHINGTON'S SPIES THIS SUMMER ON AMC not already take you out of it?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So did anyone get Bingo?

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

I think putting the suicide hotline number at the end of a season finale is kind of a baller, ultraconfident move, kind of like handing out barf bags for an especially crazy roller coaster

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So did anyone get Bingo?

Pretty close but not me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hearing Giancarlo Esposito talk is so jarring because he sounds so sweet and mild mannered haha

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
please stop giving the troll ammo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dont like mila kunis as liquor seller. theres something very offputting about her in these commercials

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm sure there's at least one person watching that looked around at their hoarding situation and at least thought about it. As long as they're not putting it in huge flashing letters before the credits have even rolled who cares.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

RedSpider posted:

LOL at the suicide prevention hotline. Did AMC force them to do that?

It's to make sure Vince Gilligan can't be charged with manslaughter

Also does anyone think Chuck was so mean to Jimmy to make it hurt less when he's gone or are Redditors dumb? 🤔

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

Also does anyone think Chuck was so mean to Jimmy to make it hurt less when he's gone or are Redditors dumb? 🤔

I still felt about about Chuck even after realizing how devastated Jimmy must have been to hear Chuck say that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

It's to make sure Vince Gilligan can't be charged with manslaughter

I do not think Chuck was planning to commit suicide at the time he was talking to Jimmy, so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

I still felt about about Chuck even after realizing how devastated Jimmy must have been to hear Chuck say that.

I'm glad Chuck attempted suicide, and I wish him good luck in his endeavors.

I do hope he doesn't take out the neighborhood in the process though.

• Locked thread