Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

WhyteRyce posted:

5th dumbest

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
And they say Pat Riley is a mobster

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If Kevin Durant murdering basketball in the greatest bball bitch move in history results in the craziest most panicked off-season where all these rumored trades and movements go down and it's basically like a mass expansion draft for everyone then...well that fart sniffing snake and his Warriors are now cool by me
Even if it creates a Super Clippers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

R.D. Mangles posted:

the NBA owns

The lockout NFL free agency where literally everything happened in like a week was the best NFL offseason ever and it would be like the 10th best NBA offseason this century

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

this is all making up for those poo poo parts of the playoffs.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I really want Miami to get Hayward

This has unrelated to my worries about Winslow I swear to gently caress

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't care if it didn't happen, Ainge trying to shake down the team with the #2 pick over Ball is now NBA canon.

Is he loving trying to shake Phoenix down over Issac now too

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/876994999593746432

I can't tell whether the Cavs were as close to a deal as this passage suggests, but one thing's for sure: Dan Gilbert is Good

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Man, TFF would have an aneurysm if the NFL off-season was run like this. I mean, the #1 pick just got traded and that is like only the 4th dumbest thing I've heard so far today

KEVIN DURANT PAYS GIRLS TO FART IN HIS FACE

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

I don't care if it didn't happen, Ainge trying to shake down the team with the #2 pick over Ball is now NBA canon.

Is he loving trying to shake Phoenix down over Issac now too

"Oh no, he is threatening us that he will pass on the best player in the draft because he is playing 20th dimensional chess, quick trade them Julius Randle" - Danny Ainge, probably

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Jota posted:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I don't think the cabs have picks in this draft anyway. I know they don't have a first, I think the second is gone too. They'd have to do do like last year and buy a pick.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jota posted:

New thread title mods plz

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/877006123357929472

BWV posted:

this is all making up for those poo poo parts of the playoffs.

hell yeah

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Oh my god

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
stop making poo poo up he's Kevin Durant women are lining up volunteering to fart in his face

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

EvanTH posted:

stop making poo poo up he's Kevin Durant women are lining up volunteering to fart in his face

lol

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

edit: dang I guess im late.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

"Oh no, he is threatening us that he will pass on the best player in the draft because he is playing 20th dimensional chess, quick trade them Julius Randle" - Danny Ainge, probably

Ainge: hey magic I hear you really like this Ball kid
Magic: passing the ball leads to assists
Ainge: shame if someone drafted him before you
Magic: you drafting Ball means I can't draft Ball
Ainge: if someone offered me a DeAngelo Russell I might be persuaded to pass on Ball
Magic: Number two picks after number one
Ainge: gently caress I have to go

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Kevin Durant - DNP - Pink Eye

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Danny Ainge is the kid at the arcade who is always walking around with tickets. You don't really see him play too many games, he's nervous about putting them down for a moment, and he refuses to trade the, in even though he can get a Sega Gamegear. All the kids are like, "man, get a game gear, it's wicked," but he says he's saving up for a BMX. Eventually, he gets the BMX. But he won't go out with his friends because he doesn't want it to get dirty. Actually, he doesn't have friends. Because while he was saving up everyone got sick of arcades and are now spending their time smoking cigarettes and trying to finger people.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Man Warriors beat the Cavs so bad this year that they fired David loving Griffin

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

EvanTH posted:

I like when he demanded Kaylee tell him who told her that and she said someone from Coyote Ugly, he said that didn't help him out. Dude is mad trolling Coyote Ugly for farts

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I bet Dome rear end Kevin doesn't care about who farts in face, but more so the timbre and flavors of the fart.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/876996442434535424

Is there something wrong with Russell I should know about? Because I'd do that

Magic's best friend is Byron Scott and he's also failed at everything basketball related that wasn't playing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

if we're comparing offseasons

https://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/status/877007640915722240

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

WhyteRyce posted:

Ainge: hey magic I hear you really like this Ball kid
Magic: passing the ball leads to assists
Ainge: shame if someone drafted him before you
Magic: you drafting Ball means I can't draft Ball
Ainge: if someone offered me a DeAngelo Russell I might be persuaded to pass on Ball
Magic: Number two picks after number one
Ainge: gently caress I have to go

lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I bet Dome rear end Kevin doesn't care about who farts in face, but more so the timbre and flavors of the fart.
I bet he's nearly desensitized to farts now it's actually really tragic and kind of sad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Kevin Durant sits in a dark booth in the back of Coyote Ugly. He motions to a man standing guard next to the booth. When the guard comes over he points to a girl eating a broccoli salad and says "Her. Bring her to me"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this offseason rules

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the NBA offseason is the best offseason in all of sports

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember when we saw The Decision and thought it was peak NBA off-season. Durant just farted that poo poo right out the window

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

Rick please record your reaction when you find out your starting back court is Kennard/Ball

I am considering doing a Mixlr.

Although for what it's worth it takes quite a bit of energy to remain logical enough to not say Kennard is a better pick than Ball. although Kennard is the best pick and roll player in the draft and Ball is the 70th statistically speaking

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Dwight to Warriors all but confirmed
https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/status/253200186556428289

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when we saw The Decision and thought it was peak NBA off-season. Durant just farted that poo poo right out the window

to think that a celtics fan burning a chinese fultz jersey and going "it's been nice knowing you for two weeks" was only the beginning

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

man I thought the DeAndre Jordan free agency would always be the best one, but poo poo has a chance to go upside down in a hurry this year

and it won't even change the likely outcome of this coming season!

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/877011697323704320

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

We at least knew The Decision was coming, nothing will top DAJ being held hostage + the emoji wars + Cuban driving around sad

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

morestuff posted:

We at least knew The Decision was coming, nothing will top DAJ being held hostage + the emoji wars + Cuban driving around sad

https://twitter.com/paulpierce34/status/618860245025030144

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/johnedwardasilo/status/876905327488139264

• Locked thread