Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Dak's sophomore slump is inevitable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's the rest of 11-20:

20) Luke Kuechly
19) Patrick Peterson
18) Tyron Smith
17) A.J. Green
16) Drew Brees
15) Aaron Donald
14) Dak Prescott
13) Eric Berry
12) David Johnson
11) Derek Carr

Every video is here as well: http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wow the top ten must be like all niners wow

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I for one am excited for Matt Prater to get the recognition he deserves.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Wow the top ten must be like all niners wow

#10 Colin Kaepernic
#9 andey

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
In this edition of the Joe Thomas Hour we found out most of the Browns roster is smarter than we think. Except Tank Carder, we find out he aint got time for them fancy words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-q5Ioyk1fQ&t=15s

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
No Bakhtiari probably which doesn't make much sense imo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Are we still allowed to post stuff about Tebow's baseball career here?

https://twitter.com/DarenStoltzfus/status/876254604354355200

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder if it's because players view Brees as on the decline and Prescott on the upswing

Doesn't make much sense if you're judging on strictly the past two seasons, though

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if it's because players view Brees as on the decline and Prescott on the upswing

Doesn't make much sense if you're judging on strictly the past two seasons, though

It's probably that with a combo of "The Cowboys just made the playoffs and the Saints are middling right now."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
As a Niners fan I have to say that while if I was an NFL owner or GM I wouldn't take Kaep, he absolutely should be on a team somewhere.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

As a Niners fan I have to say that while if I was an NFL owner or GM I wouldn't take Kaep, he absolutely should be on a team somewhere.

Wasn't he real bad last year though? Like skying passes over dudes heads and beaning people on the sidelines?

I dont know what kind of a contract he's expecting

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Keith Atherton posted:

Wasn't he real bad last year though? Like skying passes over dudes heads and beaning people on the sidelines?

Pretty sure you're thinking of the year before, when he was trying to play through shoulder injuries. Last year he was solid.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I was willing to partially buy into the argument against Kaep's skills and football issues before the draft. He had a lot of baggage, and maybe teams would want to wait to the draft and see what they get before spending money on Kaep. I expected Kaep to get a job right after the draft once teams knew where they'd have to stand for the season and GMs finally said "Okay fine, lets get Kaep" and eased off of the blackballing.

But the fact that he still doesn't have a job, and is not close to having one, loving lol at anyone who thinks that Kaep doesn't have a job for purely football reasons. loving lol so hard. It's not even subtext at this point, it's practically flashing in our faces in big neon letters BLACKBALLED.

Teams Kaep is good enough to start on right now:
Bears
Rams
Browns
Texans
Broncos
Jags
Jets
Maybe Texans

Several of those teams recently invested in a future QB, so it's slightly understandable a few of them might not want to pay Kaep. Although, for many of them, it would also seem super smart to get Kaep for like a year or two as a stop gap so the rookies can develop.

Here's a list of teams that Kaepernick would be an easy upgrade at backup QB
Giants
Skins
Eagles
Cowboys
Bucs
Panthers
Falcons
Saints
Bears
Lions
Packers
Cardinals
Seahawks
Rams
49ers (lol)
Dolphins
Bills
Jets
Steelers
Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Jags
Colts
Titans
Texans
Chargers
Raiders
Broncos
Chiefs

Kaep is pretty much an instant upgrade at backup for pretty much every team, outside maybe the Pats and the Vikings, who have two mediocre QBs better than Kaep on the roster. He's a perfect backup. Whatever salary he might command should only remove him from a handful of those teams, for cap reasons. Many of those teams have old QBs close to death that could really use someone like Kaep to be close at hand (Cardinals come to mind). There is no leg to stand on that Kaep isn't good enough to have an NFL job, and if he doesn't have this activist baggage on him, he is employed months ago.

Keith Atherton posted:

He had a few really terrible games last year (The Bears game) but he also looked like old Kaep a few times too. It didn't matter, the 49ers were so bad everyone assumes he was the problem, he wasn't really the problem.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Febreeze posted:

He had a few really terrible games last year (The Bears game) but he also looked like old Kaep a few times too. It didn't matter, the 49ers were so bad everyone assumes he was the problem, he wasn't really the problem.

Worth noting that the Bears game was played in the snow, and the 49ers had an absolutely horrid gameplan with no adjustments made whatsoever. If there was a game to sour you on Chip Kelly, that was it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Colin Kaepernick Attempted Five Passes Against the Chicago Bears And Was Sacked Five Times Maybe He Wasnt't The Problem

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Chiefs

I'm not sure even Parm would be this cruel.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'd rather have kaepernick over stanton if palmer gets hurt or retires but not over stanton as a backup that never plays because he's not going to know the offense as well as stanton and supposedly stanton has that massive jim sorgi-esque brain or something

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cardinals fans probably hate him too because he has this weird combination of making GBS threads on us back with harbaugh and then being bad a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOFXsYuYGLw

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
God the CPD union already threatened to have members boycott/not provide security for Browns games after the curfuffal with Crowell. There's still a large number of fans that want Crowell cut anyway after he apologized for bad mouthing the brave PD that murdered a child. Kaep coming to town they'd manage to do it. NFL fans are terrible.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind Kaep as a backup to Winston. I don't trust that Winston can continue his production or that he'll get better and it'd be nice to have a better backup than Fitz.

I also could not care less about Karl's political views or what he does to express them. At least he's not beating up or raping women.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's a low bar in Tampa.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I feel like Kaep would fit best in Bruce Arians's offense, but Arians is too much of an old fart to bring him in.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

whypick1 posted:

I'd keep that bat. Put it in a glass case with a placard labeling it as the Lance of Fourth and Longinus

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

whypick1 posted:

After being hit in the head by the bat, the lucky fan said he felt like St. Augustine of Hippo after his conversion by Ambrose of Milan.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was looking at this yesterday after getting into a discussion with someone over draft vs free agency/trading for players because they argued the unknown vs the known, and I think that veterans bust differently then draft picks, but probably do so at a similar rate.

So I looked at the top 25 guys on this list of free agents from 2014: (before franchise / transition tags and whatnot): http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329702/article/top-101-nfl-free-agents-for-2014

1 - Jairus Byrd - Injured immediately, never recovered, out of football.
2- Eugene Monroe - Bust, Retired
3 - Michael Johnson - Cut after 1 year in Tampa, went back to the Bengals as an okay player.
4 - Alex Mack - Still rocking
5 - Lamarr Houston - Went to the Bears in '15, bad injuries the last two seasons, probably done as an impact player.
6 - Jared Veldheer - Good player, missed half of last year with injuries.
7 - Branden Albert - Declining but fine
8 - Alterraun Verner - Currently out of football
9 - Michael Bennett - Still rocking
10 - Aqib Talib - Still rocking
11 - TJ Ward - Still rocking
12 - Brent Grimes - Declining but fine.
13 - Vontae Davis- Still good
14 - Eric Decker - Spent most of last season injured, should be good if healthy
15 - Jason Worilds - Quit after '14.
16 - Jason Hatcher - Retired last year
17 - Henry Melton - Cut last year
18 - BJ Raji - Quit last year
19 - Everson Griffen - Still rocking
20 - Sam Shields - Retired from concussions
21 - LaMarr Woodley - Got injured and out of football in '15
22 - Randy Starks - Cut last year
23 - Hakeem Nicks - Cut last year
24 - Jermichael Finley - Retired in '15
25 - Linval Joseph - Still rocking

So in conclusion free agency is a land of contrasts....

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

I'm pretty sure he was respectable on the Ravens. He was never spectacular but he definitely was not a liability on the Ravens.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I was looking at this yesterday after getting into a discussion with someone over draft vs free agency/trading for players because they argued the unknown vs the known, and I think that veterans bust differently then draft picks, but probably do so at a similar rate.

So I looked at the top 25 guys on this list of free agents from 2014: (before franchise / transition tags and whatnot): http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000329702/article/top-101-nfl-free-agents-for-2014

1 - Jairus Byrd - Injured immediately, never recovered, out of football.
3 - Michael Johnson - Cut after 1 year in Tampa, went back to the Bengals as an okay player.
4 - Alex Mack - Still rocking
5 - Lamarr Houston - Went to the Bears in '15, bad injuries the last two seasons, probably done as an impact player.
6 - Jared Veldheer - Good player, missed half of last year with injuries.
7 - Branden Albert - Declining but fine
8 - Alterraun Verner - Currently out of football
9 - Michael Bennett - Still rocking
10 - Aqib Talib - Still rocking
11 - TJ Ward - Still rocking
12 - Brent Grimes - Declining but fine.
13 - Vontae Davis- Still good
14 - Eric Decker - Spent most of last season injured, should be good if healthy
15 - Jason Worilds - Quit after '14.
16 - Jason Hatcher - Retired last year
17 - Henry Melton - Cut last year
18 - BJ Raji - Quit last year
19 - Everson Griffen - Still rocking
20 - Sam Shields - Retired from concussions
21 - LaMarr Woodley - Got injured and out of football in '15
22 - Randy Starks - Cut last year
23 - Hakeem Nicks - Cut last year
24 - Jermichael Finley - Retired in '15
25 - Linval Joseph - Still rocking

So in conclusion free agency is a land of contrasts....

Yeah but you're overlooking intangibles like veteran leadership and acting like they've been there before.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

After being hit in the head by the bat, the lucky fan said he felt like St. Augustine of Hippo after his conversion by Ambrose of Milan.

He said SHUT YOUR UGLY FACE, FLANDERS!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
TJ Ward was one of the more underrated signings at the time and I'm glad it worked out

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm pretty sure he was respectable on the Ravens. He was never spectacular but he definitely was not a liability on the Ravens.

I think he was effective when he played, but he ended up costing the Ravens 2 mid round picks, a $40m extension, and only played half the games over 2 seasons with the ravens due to... good god: knee, ankle, shoulder injuries and a concussion.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

Not really though. He has had one good year in his career in 2012. I have no idea why Tampa offered him so much money.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Eli Wiggum posted:

TJ Ward was one of the more underrated signings at the time and I'm glad it worked out

Ray Farmer didn't even TRY to sign him, TJ wanted to stay in Cleveland. Ray Farmer is the reason we lost Alex Mack and TJ ward.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

I think he was effective when he played, but he ended up costing the Ravens 2 mid round picks, a $40m extension, and only played half the games over 2 seasons with the ravens due to... good god: knee, ankle, shoulder injuries and a concussion.
Ah, fair enough, I forgot about the draft capital + the extension.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I wouldn't mind Kaep as a backup to Winston. I don't trust that Winston can continue his production or that he'll get better and it'd be nice to have a better backup than Fitz.

I also could not care less about Karl's political views or what he does to express them. At least he's not beating up or raping women.

We don't even know Kaep's political views, do we?

The only view he's really expressed is, "Police, please stop shooting black people."

There is nothing political about that.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Skins

You keep Colt McCoy out of your whore mouth.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Ehud posted:

We don't even know Kaep's political views, do we?

The only view he's really expressed is, "Police, please stop shooting black people."

There is nothing political about that.

He did say he didn't vote, which was... a thing

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He did say he didn't vote, which was... a thing

Yeah so he's like even less political than the way people talk about him lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

veldheer is getting moved to RT and after that one picture where he's in the gym and like 3x the size of the other already yolked people in the photo, i'd call him a disappointment, although still a decent player i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Shangri-Law School posted:

I feel like Kaep would fit best in Bruce Arians's offense, but Arians is too much of an old fart to bring him in.

I'm not sure, the entire short-range game for the cardinals are loopy screen passes and dumpoffs and laser-accurate out routes and that sort of finesse stuff, and if kaepernick is really only a one-note passer like 49ers posters have said in the past then he would look really bad if a team were to try and shut down the deep routes at the expense of man coverage on the shorter routes. like, palmer threw maybe half a dozen slant routes all year versus what felt like half that when harbaugh was coaching the 49ers and kaep.

• Locked thread