Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Changing my vote to E) All of the Above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Death Commandos style peanut gallery riot go

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Voting A.) it makes sense to me. Seems like a good time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Speaking of good times.

dis astranagant posted:

Death Commandos style peanut gallery riot go

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Xarbala posted:

Speaking of good times.

It was good times enough to make me enjoy being a Cappie for a couple scenarios.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

fox5fox5fox5fox5fox5fox5

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

sebmojo posted:

fox5fox5fox5fox5fox5fox5

Copy that.

E: Posting the video because it never get's old. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-K1HhvaNNo&list=PLPMuWCO_pxtbKujWv-sjC0Rqx53YcrU-C&index=4

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 20, 2017

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
B, lets go!

folytopo
Nov 5, 2013
Voting a

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

SQUAWKKK

...Awww damnit.

The depressed sigh gets me every time.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Strobe posted:

I am little more than a slave to canon and even I think this is a bad opinion.

It's more the point that the NRWR are not exactly being shown to have a lot of disadvantages from a player standpoint outside of an apparently pending heel turn. Combined with the fact that WOB (and thus NRWR) had some things canonly that...well, stretch the boundaries of what is possible kind of out of nowhere.

PTN can do more interesting things with these things than canon, and has been, of course. But that doesn't make some pieces of tech something to not shake your head at.

P.S. it's probably worth noting somewhere in here that what the NRWR's master plan here is, is real close to what WOB wanted to do before the second Star League broke up. WOB was maybe a little more genocidey, although they never quite got to do it. And of course there's the obvious Minnesota Tribe connection here too which is a good part of the similarity.

So, you know. Food for thought for everyone.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

As a counterpoint, I'll make an appeal to your sense of fun. As a wise man plankton once said:

F is for Fire, burns down the whole town!
U is for Uranium... BOMBS!
N is for Noooooo Suuuuurviiiiivooooors...

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

no WARCRIMES today

Scenario Scenario Scenario A

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
B because gently caress the clans

wanna see NRWR get serious.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fraction Jackson posted:

P.S. it's probably worth noting somewhere in here that what the NRWR's master plan here is, is real close to what WOB wanted to do before the second Star League broke up. WOB was maybe a little more genocidey, although they never quite got to do it. And of course there's the obvious Minnesota Tribe connection here too which is a good part of the similarity.

You talk about taking a shitload of weapons to launch a crusade to cleanse the taint of the Clans from history is a bad thing or something.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

So here's an incentive for any old-timers who haven't voted.

A wins, I bring back Madden. For a scenario on the world where it was conceived. Word as bond. I can't promise it will be great but I will promise to do it for the entire scenario. [Offer only good for first scenario if there are multiple missions.]

B wins, no Madden.

Defiance Industries posted:

You talk about taking a shitload of weapons to launch a crusade to cleanse the taint of the Clans from history is a bad thing or something.

Look, killing someone with WMDs isn't fun. You gotta bring jumpy large pulse lasers for it to be fun.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Which is why they're going with mech and toads. Little Amaris even explicitly agreed with you that they shouldn't just nuke the planets.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Fraction Jackson posted:

Look, killing someone with WMDs isn't fun. You gotta bring jumpy large pulse lasers for it to be fun.

If anyone should get blasted with bio weapons from space, it's people who run jumpy LPL machines.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

If anyone should get blasted with bio weapons from space, it's people who run jumpy LPL machines.

IS LPLs, though. cLPLs aren't fun either. I'm a jerk, but I got standards: no cLPLs, and no Slobodan Milošević in my stompy robots.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Fraction Jackson posted:

IS LPLs, though. cLPLs aren't fun either. I'm a jerk, but I got standards: no cLPLs, and no Slobodan Milošević in my stompy robots.

Compromise: Kinetic bombardment using mechs as payload.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tran posted:

Compromise: Kinetic bombardment using mechs as payload.

Joke Option: They're all Commandos

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Xarbala posted:

Joke Option: They're all Commandos

I mean the damage from all that SRM ammo exploding has to add up eventually.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
I'm kinda amused by all these 'gently caress the clans' B votes that don't seem to realize that Amaris is sending a clan to fight for him. If you really want to say 'gently caress the clans', you vote A and let the IS beat them.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

They're an IS clan so it counts.

Edit: Though A is ahead by several votes anyway.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jun 20, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Not to mention they're not the descendants of warriors, they're what few noncombatants made it out. That they have this mock warrior styling but they never really did things the clan way even 200 years ago.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PERMISSION TO SPEAK?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yakumo posted:

I'm kinda amused by all these 'gently caress the clans' B votes that don't seem to realize that Amaris is sending a clan to fight for him. If you really want to say 'gently caress the clans', you vote A and let the IS beat them.

Sending Clanners to kill Clanners is a win-win. The best way to really rack up casualty numbers is to count the dead on both sides, like in the Civil War. People from the Inner Sphere, they have value. Dying in combat is all Clanners are good for.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fraction Jackson posted:

No one is the good guys.

Ah yes, it takes big balls to vote for the faction with bullshit Word of Blake tech in the 3030s. Wait. No it doesn't. Maybe actually voting for any option other than the NRWR is actually the cool option?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
A vote for B is a vote for Deus Vult.

We have to retake Jerusalem from the Clans by any nuke necessary.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

You keep saying this Deus Vult poo poo unironically. Are you ok?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Viva Miriya posted:

You keep saying this Deus Vult poo poo unironically. Are you ok?

I've said it twice uninronically in regards to the Clans because the people who know me know I'm spastically anti-Clan.

Are you alright to where you have to read too much into a dumb meme in regards to a tabletop game?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Skoll posted:

I've said it twice uninronically in regards to the Clans because the people who know me know I'm spastically anti-Clan.

Are you alright to where you have to read too much into a dumb meme in regards to a tabletop game?

Nah, just wanted to confirm you were as dumb as I thought you were.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Viva Miriya posted:

Nah, just wanted to confirm you were as dumb as I thought you were.

Continue getting your panties in a twist, goon. There's an ignore feature for people such as you who regard calling for the eradication of a fictional faction in a 30 year old war game as RL racial hatred or something.

:fuckoff:

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015

Skoll posted:

Would you be equally "just a joke" about someone going "Jihad against the clans! ALLAH AKBAR!" ?
(I am aware that "Inshallah" would be a bit more accurate)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Skoll posted:

Continue getting your panties in a twist, goon. There's an ignore feature for people such as you who regard calling for the eradication of a fictional faction in a 30 year old war game as RL racial hatred or something.

:fuckoff:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gun Jam posted:

Would you be equally "just a joke" about someone going "Jihad against the clans! ALLAH AKBAR!" ?
(I am aware that "Inshallah" would be a bit more accurate)

That would actually be funny and amazing if the Wobbies / Arkab Legions did this.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
TY for the free av, too.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Skoll posted:

TY for the free av, too.

u got it bb

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
This is pretty pathetic, you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Scintilla posted:

This is pretty pathetic, you guys.

:agreed:

It's like everyone just went and forgot what the invading Clans referred to themselves as. If anything, we're the Seljuk Turks. Or the Ottomans I guess.

• Locked thread