Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

enojy posted:

I think the easiest way to do this is to set up a private lobby and tell him the lobby ID to join, and you guys can race (or do battle mode.)

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Definitely going to try this the next time I play Disgaea 5.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New indie game just appeared on the Aussie eShop's coming soon section

Rocket Fist launches 13/7 for $13AUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6gbct0n9s

Looks pretty drat decent for what it is

Can't wait to fist my friends

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Infinitum posted:

It seems super weird to me that they would add those colour modes in, but then not add in a whole bunch of colour modes for colourblind people

Would this help much? It seems to me that it's very easy to make an automated filter that condenses colours to be similar (ie, making most/all colours into shades of grey) but it's much harder to make one that detects "these colours are too similar" and pushes them apart-- and the latter is what would best serve a colourblind player.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Most colorblind options in games are crap and do nothing to actually help.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Infinitum posted:

New indie game just appeared on the Aussie eShop's coming soon section

Rocket Fist launches 13/7 for $13AUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6gbct0n9s

Looks pretty drat decent for what it is

Can't wait to fist my friends

looks like utter trash

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

So I got a bag and a hardcase for my Switch that will be arriving in two weeks. Besides a pro controller are there any other accessories that are extremely cool and good to have

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Ostentatious posted:

So I got a bag and a hardcase for my Switch that will be arriving in two weeks. Besides a pro controller are there any other accessories that are extremely cool and good to have

http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/splatoon-2-headset-setup.png

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

That's a setup Reggie has commented to be Hori's solution. We're still waiting for Nintendo's version.

You'll still probably have to use the phone, though.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Unless Nintendo's solution is dropping this ridiculous phone app idea, I don't see how else you can combine the chat's audio and the Switch's audio in a headset.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
I was hoping to read on that list that you can choose a default account or log into 1 account at a time on the system level instead of choosing every time you open a game. I don't know why but that little prompt annoys the hell out of me.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Modus Pwnens posted:

Unless Nintendo's solution is dropping this ridiculous phone app idea, I don't see how else you can combine the chat's audio and the Switch's audio in a headset.

Bluetooth connection between the Switch and the phone?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Added Splatoon 2 to the friendcode list. See y'all in a month on the ink battlefield.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If there is anything good left in this world this petition will succeed: https://www.change.org/p/free-lives-release-broforce-on-nintendo-switch

Please sign this instead
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-port-all-games-on-the-nintendo-switch

I picked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and tried 200cc with bowser and oh my god even the AI is having issues with this speed. I got a long trip coming up and I might need to find a battery pack for the switch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ostentatious posted:

This stand.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Arms is one good rear end game please buy and enjoy it

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Golden Goat posted:

Please sign this instead
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-port-all-games-on-the-nintendo-switch

I picked up Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and tried 200cc with bowser and oh my god even the AI is having issues with this speed. I got a long trip coming up and I might need to find a battery pack for the switch.

I know, right? A couple of races I've won by a mile because the AI has been loving up so much it's screwed itself over.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SeANMcBAY posted:

I also love being able to easily add all the goons that are friends with me on 3DS and Wii U without having to enter a bunch of friend codes again.
:yeah:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

EpicNemesis posted:

I was hoping to read on that list that you can choose a default account or log into 1 account at a time on the system level instead of choosing every time you open a game. I don't know why but that little prompt annoys the hell out of me.

They do that so your kids have that many more chances to erase your save. Ask me how I know.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did anyones joycons or pro need an update? I just saw that option in the menu for the first time and mine were good. Controller updates are weird, dang

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

EpicNemesis posted:

It's already there. Settings-User-Skip Selection check box. It hasn't ever popped up after I set it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Soon my toaster is gonna need the occasional firmware update

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

woop woop beat the requirement to unlock ranked mode in arms and i feel pretty proud of not sucking too much

ps when i start playing online i will reveal to the world how much i suck at arms

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Toaster firmware version 1.2
-fixed problem where setting the toaster to 3 resulted in warm bread and setting it to 4 resulted in burned toast.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Did anyones joycons or pro need an update? I just saw that option in the menu for the first time and mine were good. Controller updates are weird, dang

My fear is that they're doing this to lock out the 8bitdo controllers.

The 8bitdo compatibility actually helped convince me to buy a switch.

:ohdear:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

In the friend notification settings, what the heck is the difference between "Online Users" and "Notify When Friends Go Online"? What non-friend users is it talking about?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mahoning posted:

Toaster firmware version 1.2
-fixed problem where setting the toaster to 3 resulted in warm bread and setting it to 4 resulted in burned toast.

- Resolved combustion overflow issue
- English Muffins currently disabled
- Added native support for French, Spanish pastries
- Added "Untoast" feature (EXPERIMENTAL; beta users only)

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Stormangel posted:

It's already there. Settings-User-Skip Selection check box. It hasn't ever popped up after I set it.

Last I checked that option disappears when a second account gets added.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

In the friend notification settings, what the heck is the difference between "Online Users" and "Notify When Friends Go Online"? What non-friend users is it talking about?

Wild guess, but I think the "Online Users" notification refers to the popup when you boot the system stating how many friends you have online at that moment

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Wild guess, but I think the "Online Users" notification refers to the popup when you boot the system stating how many friends you have online at that moment

I didn't know that popup existed, but that seems to make sense. Maybe I should add more than one friend so I can see it happen.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Controller updates have always been there, but previously would only occur if you did a hard power on with the controllers attached.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Does the switch download updates and such in sleep mode like the other consoles?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

You joke, but toasters have had firmware for years.

Here is someone playing Doom with toasters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Welp

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lakbay posted:

Does the switch download updates and such in sleep mode like the other consoles?

I had to tell mine to go look for updates. Not sure if sleep mode updates are buried in the options though.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

I bought a Switch yesterday. It is Good.

That's my Switch story, thanks for reading.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Merv Burger posted:

tell me more plz! love a good trip report

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

My fear is that they're doing this to lock out the 8bitdo controllers.

The 8bitdo compatibility actually helped convince me to buy a switch.

:ohdear:
I've been playing video games for 30 years and I do not understand the obsession with controllers.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Merv Burger posted:

It was a good story, much like the Switch is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

I've been playing video games for 30 years and I do not understand the obsession with controllers.

The Snes controllers look rad as gently caress and I want one yesterday

• Locked thread