Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
A new Atari console what the heck?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Combat 2... its time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's completely insane

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there is literally no way atari is dumb enough to think they can just make room for another console in the wars

unless they are, which would be hilarious

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I still call them Infogrames.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

precision posted:

there is literally no way atari is dumb enough to think they can just make room for another console in the wars

unless they are, which would be hilarious

What if this is the 1980s playing out again?! Are we back to the start of the cycle? History repeats as they say!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Make Atari great again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No thanks

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Well, I was waiting for somebody to pick up Ouya's torch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

VideoGames posted:

I refuse to believe it's anything past an all-in-one or an Ouya-style pile of garbage.

in other news, this made me feel all tingly in the nostalgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w&hd=1

I hope the whole show is animated this well. The artstyle lends itself to fluid animation, at least.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
So it seems Project Rap Rabbit is a huge failure, earning less than a fifth of it's Kickstarter goal

The devs say they "had meetings over the future of rhythm-action" and hope this isn't the last we hear about the game but it probably will be.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VideoGames posted:

unless we see a remake of Todd's Adventures in Slimeworld the whole endeavor is pointless

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

VideoGames posted:

This is a sign. A sign of the next video game crash.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

I refuse to believe it's anything past an all-in-one or an Ouya-style pile of garbage.

I'm ready for the Atari Ouya console

but it's also a handheld

and it can do vr

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

I think the first game hits a pretty good niche on the line between being edgy for the sake of it and being edgy in an effective and scary way. Outlast 2 doesn't just go over that line, it fires itself out of a trebuchet over the castle walls of good taste and lands right on its loving face in a pile of ye olde pig poo poo.

I wish there were an IMDB style site for games where I could read plot summaries without having to watch an LP or play it, as I'm a wuss with horror games but still want to read about the hosed up plot of games like Outlast.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lurdiak posted:

I always read this as "Infogames"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man that Sony E3 conference was probably the worst Ive ever seen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

In Training posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

It was just last years again. Psx is their good conference now. E3 is their marketing reel for western games

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Capcom did a stream of Monster Hunter World gameplay but it was all in japanese and I've never played a MonHun so no idea if it was good or bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig

Actual gameplay starts at 46:30

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Samuringa posted:

So it seems Project Rap Rabbit is a huge failure, earning less than a fifth of it's Kickstarter goal

The devs say they "had meetings over the future of rhythm-action" and hope this isn't the last we hear about the game but it probably will be.

:geno: gently caress. poo poo. daaamn.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wouldn't say Sony's was the worst but it was pretty boring in a here's yet another fancy looking AAA game again way.
At least we got a look at SotC remake.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

VideoGames posted:

Two words: Wood. Paneling. :circlefap:

Samuringa posted:

Should have given the Rabbit boobs if they wanted the big Kickstarter bucks.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hot take: The rapping rabbit game looked embarrassingly bad.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

It was really bad but it was so much worse during the waggle years.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Samuringa posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What about the Sony coference was so bad

Do people need embarrassing idiots on stage endlessly talking about poo poo nobody cares about or is just constant trailers with the occasional show by that one Sony dude really that unsatisfactory, there wasn't anything like an MGS2 trailer but there were some definitely interesting ones there, the SOC remake and monster hunter off the top of my head looked rad as gently caress

Edit: and if dbz hadn't totally eaten it's lunch the mvc infinite trailer might've been a bit more interesting (aside from the horrific Chunli)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monster hunter was the only new game in the one year since E3 2016 was my issue. And all the other crap they showed was terminally boring

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It was aight.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shadow of the Colossus remake is terminally boring? Moss looked great too, especially for a VR game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes the third remake of a PS2 game should not be on a main stage

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The Days Gone presentation was definitely the most Terminally Boring one of the show. Crouchwalking through a big greybrown forest with batman vision and zombies is my idea of purgatory.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

as you should

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It was aight.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I dunno if I'd call Sony's conference bad when we have EA and Bethesda, but it was pretty much E3 2016 again. The only new title they showed was The Inpatient, wasn't it?

But then again, I wouldn't call it a big deal since they got their own Playstation Experience event which is pretty much a weekend to show all the cool stuff they're doing, that one will be hot.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FauxLeather posted:

The Days Gone presentation was definitely the most Terminally Boring one of the show. Crouchwalking through a big greybrown forest with batman vision and zombies is my idea of purgatory.

Excuse me they're not zombies they're 'freakers'

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Samuringa posted:

I dunno if I'd call Sony's conference bad when we have EA and Bethesda, but it was pretty much E3 2016 again. The only new title they showed was The Inpatient, wasn't it?

Monster Hunter was new

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Wamdoodle posted:

I always read this as "Infogames"

I always read it as Innovation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=522bVV-82qQ

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

My favorite part of Sony's E3 presser was seeing it in a theater, and the first three trailers volume be whisper quiet. At first everyone was super quiet in order to hear it, until one guy goes "Man I'm sorry but I can't deal with this, thank god it's free" causing everyone to burst out laughing. He then started making stupid "vroom vroom" noises when the Days Gone guy was driving around on his bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Help Im Alive posted:

Excuse me they're not zombies they're 'freakers'

You're freakin kidding me

• Locked thread