Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Whats Wyrmstooth like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Pretty good if you can find the mod. One of the more enjoyable 'DLC sized' mods.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
After eight hours of installing mods and tinkering I finally launched the game and it worked first try. What.

Only thing that was upset was ENB and I haven't really set that up yet.

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008

sebmojo posted:

Whats Wyrmstooth like?
It's OK. I thought the main quest line in it was an uninspired slog, and the mod was mostly unfinished. You can stumble upon a couple of side quests that are sort of neat. The big selling point was supposed to be the new landmass, but most of that was unfinished and sort of empty when I played it last. As in, the first village you come to has a few NPCs in it, but most of them don't interact with you, and about a third of the buildings were empty. Most of what's there is what was needed for the main quest. And I updated the mod maybe a month or two before the author lost his mind, or had a breakdown, or whatever it was, so I doubt it's seen any massive changes. Unless there's an "unofficial" version floating around.

It also doesn't integrate well with the rest of the game, in my opinion. All the rewards for playing Wyrmstooth content are either red herrings, pretty mundane, or they stay on the island when you're through. I think I remember finding either a magic item or some spell/power as a reward for one side quest that might have been newish, but apart from that it was just vanilla rewards and a partially finished player "house", a fair ways from the main village, that you didn't have much reason to use. It also added red and blue ore/ingots that were just vendor trash, since no crafting recipes were developed. I thought I'd at least be able to take that back to Skyrim and craft something new that could stay with me, but nope.

There's no reason not to give it a go. It was built up to be something on par with DLC, and it's not that, though.

Herrvillain fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 19, 2017

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
None of the 'DLC' landmass mods are good hope that helps. Skyrim suffers a lot from lovely 3rd party quests I think there are maybe 5 that are good.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Mr. Crow posted:

None of the 'DLC' landmass mods are good hope that helps. Skyrim suffers a lot from lovely 3rd party quests I think there are maybe 5 that are good.

Moonpath to Elsweyr :colbert:

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Mister Adequate posted:

Moonpath to Elsweyr :colbert:

That one was ridiculously, heinously broken when I tried it, for some reason, so I don't think I got the full experience.

Or maybe you're supposed to be lost in a confusing mess of broken event flags while whittling down enemies that have six times your health and one-shot you in the middle of massive impromptu in-faction spider/drider/thief gang wars, I'm not sure. It was still kind of fun.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shady Amish Terror posted:

That one was ridiculously, heinously broken when I tried it, for some reason, so I don't think I got the full experience.

Or maybe you're supposed to be lost in a confusing mess of broken event flags while whittling down enemies that have six times your health and one-shot you in the middle of massive impromptu in-faction spider/drider/thief gang wars, I'm not sure. It was still kind of fun.

That was the intended experience.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So, without having to look through the Nexus for my answers, I just figured I'd ask here. How's the Special Edition with mod compatibility? What mods might still work? Is there a mod manager for the Special Edition (I noticed that there isn't really that much on Bethesda.net)?

I'm mostly interested in mods that tweak gameplay somewhat, back when I played Skyrim I mostly liked a bit more lethal combat, less item and ecounter levelling and stuff like that, nothing really outrageous (I also played once with whatever mod it was that added hunger and freezing to death, though that isn't really at all necessary and maybe not wanted). Also delaying the start of the DLC quests.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't see it talked about often but if you like Dawnguard/playing as a vampire: Sacrosanct is very, very fun and adds a good amount of features/depth to the idea.

Note that if you like fast travelling, I would not recommend installing it as some perks stages make that insta-kill you.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Randarkman posted:

So, without having to look through the Nexus for my answers, I just figured I'd ask here. How's the Special Edition with mod compatibility? What mods might still work? Is there a mod manager for the Special Edition (I noticed that there isn't really that much on Bethesda.net)?

I'm mostly interested in mods that tweak gameplay somewhat, back when I played Skyrim I mostly liked a bit more lethal combat, less item and ecounter levelling and stuff like that, nothing really outrageous (I also played once with whatever mod it was that added hunger and freezing to death, though that isn't really at all necessary and maybe not wanted). Also delaying the start of the DLC quests.

I think the beth net mods are a pretty good curated selection, and just installing forty of them them straight into my game like an idiot has worked fine, no crashes in 100 hours or so.

nexus has an sse specific section too

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Randarkman posted:

There's a Mod Organizer for SSE. Generally, mods that made heavy use of SKSE haven't made their way over yet. But there are some notable exceptions to that. In general there's a lot of compatibility.

Of the mods you described, Morrowloot Ultimate will handle items and Wildcat will handle lethal combat. Really, downloading everything by EnaiSiaion is a good starting point if you want something a little different (except Smilodon since it'll conflict with Wildcat). It's all super polished and works great together.

...and Frostfall was the freezing mod you mentioned. For me, Skyrim feels empty without it -- it just seems like part of the base game after you've played with it for a while. And if you're interested in Frostfall, Campfire will do wonders to help you keep warm and dry.

Edit: vvv Functioning as intended. In the same vein, the shipwreck start with Frostfall installed is my favorite start. :v:

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jun 20, 2017

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Speaking of Frostfall, I picked the default start from Live Another Life then proceeded to die of frostbite before the wagon ride to Helgen finished. :v:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That's the kind of quality control problem that is easily missed because who in the gently caress would think to go through the games intro without skipping it via a mod or save?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
I also thought Frostfall features didn't even start up until you jumped through a series of hoops, like looking up at the night sky and clicking the "yes, I want to freeze to death" button.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

A while back people were talking about mod packs and how they aren't really a thing anymore, but one came out recently for SE and if that's your thing then Nexus Skyrim Overhaul seems pretty full featured, thinking about giving it a whirl myself.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
So after 10+ hours of modding I played for an hour, came out, and now I'm thinking I might remove a bunch of cool things mods I added that I'm not actually going to use. Or maybe not. 197 mods is a lot…

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Kraven Moorhed posted:

There's a Mod Organizer for SSE. Generally, mods that made heavy use of SKSE haven't made their way over yet. But there are some notable exceptions to that. In general there's a lot of compatibility.

Of the mods you described, Morrowloot Ultimate will handle items and Wildcat will handle lethal combat. Really, downloading everything by EnaiSiaion is a good starting point if you want something a little different (except Smilodon since it'll conflict with Wildcat). It's all super polished and works great together.

...and Frostfall was the freezing mod you mentioned. For me, Skyrim feels empty without it -- it just seems like part of the base game after you've played with it for a while. And if you're interested in Frostfall, Campfire will do wonders to help you keep warm and dry.

Edit: vvv Functioning as intended. In the same vein, the shipwreck start with Frostfall installed is my favorite start. :v:

Thanks. That should just about do it for me! Can I use Mod Organizer mods together with Bethnet mods? I downloaded Wildcat and the unofficial skyrim patch from there.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 20, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Arivia posted:

So after 10+ hours of modding I played for an hour, came out, and now I'm thinking I might remove a bunch of cool things mods I added that I'm not actually going to use. Or maybe not. 197 mods is a lot…

lol if your reaction isn't to add more dumb mod things.

Why yes I need craftable Lightsabers I'm literally never going to use.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

good ones being Wheels of Lull and uh... Forbidden City?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Kiggles posted:

I also thought Frostfall features didn't even start up until you jumped through a series of hoops, like looking up at the night sky and clicking the "yes, I want to freeze to death" button.

You're right. I ran into a similar issue though, because I started and configured all my mods in the starting cell for Live Another Life, so I could make a starting save that's ready to go for any other mod additions. If you do that and start the default start, you'll start freezing on the cart.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You're right. I ran into a similar issue though, because I started and configured all my mods in the starting cell for Live Another Life, so I could make a starting save that's ready to go for any other mod additions. If you do that and start the default start, you'll start freezing on the cart.

Yeah, that was my exact situation.

On a related note:

I'm stumbling through Bleak Falls Barrow with a deadly disease. I'm seeing everything double, the disease means I have no magicka or stamina, and there's double the usual monsters with some upgraded ones. Incredible.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I had to dump Live Another Life because I wanted to use the Vanilla start and it would dump me outside the cart, unable to move, while all of Lokir's dialogue played back to back and all of the characters from the intro where standing there staring at me.

It was unsettling

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Forbidden City isn't really a landmass mod. Haven't been far enough through Wheels of Lull to say it isn't. They are both fantastic though. Wheels of Lull is even standout for a Trainwiz mod.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Anyone ever used WAR ZONES: Civil Unrest?

Sounds pretty cool to me. Supposedly it expands the battles for the forts etc. during the civil war questline, and if I'm understanding correctly, also adds the chance that while adventuring, you might just happen to walk into a large ongoing battle between empire and stormcloak mans

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Wheels of Lull with Bethesda backing would be amazing. The best part of Trainwiz is it's all very lore friendly. You only have to look at Morrowind to see what Elderscrolls lore is really like.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Haven't played forbidden city so can't comment, but yes Wheels of Lull.

Moon and Star is the only other one I can think of without looking at what I have archived (phone posting).

The others are all probably the well done ones with no voice acting (e.g. it's all breadcrumb based).

Enderal though I'm not sure it counts...

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
What's a good graphics overhaul for SSE that isn't Noble Skyrim - I always found that it made the world look oddly cartoon-y in a way I disliked.

E: also I do not want to gently caress with ENBs. Debating between Skyrim 2017 and Osmodius.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 20, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
SPERG SE does work but it has some broken things about it due to no uncapper. Like you get a perk every level which you are not supposed to do and the speech perk that lets you use training more than 5 times does not work.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ded posted:

SPERG SE does work but it has some broken things about it due to no uncapper. Like you get a perk every level which you are not supposed to do and the speech perk that lets you use training more than 5 times does not work.

Some of the perks are also broken.

Best Friend animals for instance don't zone with you and some of them don't move at all.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Oh no. I was just thinking that I missed his videos, but not like this Novajam, not like this!

sebmojo posted:

Whats Wyrmstooth like?

Like with most ~New Landmass~ type of mods, I found it largely flat and empty? Maybe it's changed since I played but there didn't seem to really be anything done with it that required a whole new landscape. It was extra frustrating when you ran into a bug or crash though because sometimes the whole landmass just wouldn't work anymore and now you were right hosed, best find a save from before you went there.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

MrMojok posted:

Sounds pretty cool to me. Supposedly it expands the battles for the forts etc. during the civil war questline, and if I'm understanding correctly, also adds the chance that while adventuring, you might just happen to walk into a large ongoing battle between empire and stormcloak mans

I last used it a couple years ago on an Oldrim install so I can't speak to the current SSE implementation, but yes it more or less added more places where you'd come across fights between the Empire and Stormcloaks. I don't remember whether it added anything forts-wise but that may well have been a play where I didn't actually do any Civil War quests

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

MrMojok posted:

the SE version is an acceptable substitue for ASIS.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Agents are GO! posted:

the SE version is an acceptable substitue for ASIS.

Does it create encounters with dozens of actors? I liked ASIS because I liked getting ambushed by 20 bandits. :black101:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

Does it create encounters with dozens of actors? I liked ASIS because I liked getting ambushed by 20 bandits. :black101:

Do the default ASIS settings do that or does it need more?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Arivia posted:

Do the default ASIS settings do that or does it need more?

The default will not, use the improved ASIS INIs I created that are available on the nexus.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

The default will not, use the improved ASIS INIs I created that are available on the nexus.

Right. I have those, do I just load those instead of running the ASIS Skyproc patcher?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Copy the improved ASIS INIs over the ones that come with the patcher, then run the patcher.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is the skyproc patcher open source? Is the developer around, and if so is a 64-bit version even possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ynglaur posted:

Is the skyproc patcher open source? Is the developer around, and if so is a 64-bit version even possible?

It's just Java, I doubt the 64bit-ness is the issue.

https://bitbucket.org/DienesToo/skyproc-library