Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Tomorrow is finally the GA-6 election between Ossoff (D) and Handel (R).

I've looked through a lot of stuff and the best analysis is summed up right here: https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/876955588978257924

You can scroll up for more, but the polling data, combined with special elections being hard to poll, adds up to a pure 50-50 race, maybe 55-45 in Ossoff's favor.

Ossoff also banned the Free Beacon from his final event and Handel banned ThinkProgress from her event. :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sergg posted:

Alan Dershowitz is on CNN talking about Flynn's lawyer's public appearance earlier, saying that Flynn's lawyer is sending the signal "pardon me or I snitch"

I'd love to see him get pardoned for a bunch of menial poo poo that you'd expect a 3-star friend of the president to be charged with, only for them to turn around and hit him with sedition.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

facialimpediment posted:

Tomorrow is finally the GA-6 election between Ossoff (D) and Handel (R).

I've looked through a lot of stuff and the best analysis is summed up right here: https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/876955588978257924

You can scroll up for more, but the polling data, combined with special elections being hard to poll, adds up to a pure 50-50 race, maybe 55-45 in Ossoff's favor.

Ossoff also banned the Free Beacon from his final event and Handel banned ThinkProgress from her event. :cripes:

If Ossoff loses tomorrow I suggest preemptively nuking D&D.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If Ossoff loses tomorrow I suggest preemptively nuking D&D.

And thus the democrats continue to eat their own. Not that D&D isn't generally bad, but better the ideological cancer you know

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Sergg posted:

Alan Dershowitz is on CNN talking about Flynn's lawyer's public appearance earlier, saying that Flynn's lawyer is sending the signal "pardon me or I snitch"

What's he got to snitch about? Everything I've read on it was him being told to go gently caress himself sideways when he wanted immunity because they had it all without him. Is that just blind optimism clouding the issue?

Secondly, he does know he's talking to one Donald J Trump, right? Dude's not family he ain't getting poo poo. How can a stupid moron on the internet with enough brain damage to join the army have the pattern recognition to figure this out but not these people?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Flynn is pardoned then he HAS to testify on everything right?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Getting word that Spicer is out. Confirming now.

Edit: not out out, but he's no longer going to be giving briefings. Taking the comms director position for now while they look for a replacement.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 20, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

cowboy elvis posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Flynn is pardoned then he HAS to testify on everything right?

Don't think so. He'd get subpoenaed to testify in front of Congress, would tell Congress to go gently caress itself, then a toothless Contempt of Congress vote takes place. I say toothless because it's not like they're going to send the Sergeant-at-Arms to go arrest him.

It's sort of like how Donnie could've been 100% clean on Russia, but still get in trouble for obstruction down the line. Just because the underlying act has been pardoned doesn't mean that any future malfeasance is covered.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Man thats a tired meme, I still chuckled a bit though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

Man thats a tired meme, I still chuckled a bit though.

I don't think reality can be a meme

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Forums poster SwampDonkey, next time you post a lame non sequitur in this thread I'm going to give you a mean custom title.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zeris posted:

If you're going to post a loving meme, it had better be funny

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
^^^ fixed your link for you, dumb dumb

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

What the gently caress is the jellyfish for

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

orange juche posted:

What the gently caress is the jellyfish for

Some questions you will regret finding the answers to

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I just thought the Wolfenstein picture was funny, I didn't even know that was an old meme. But the ensuing conversation that is happening now is much funnier.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.lawfareblog.com/disabled-executive-special-counsel-investigation-and-presidential-immunities

Obama's white house counsel's opinion on whether a sitting president can be indicted. constitutional crazyness abounds.

Also the Supreme Court is hearing the Gerrymandering case.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Has no one posted that the kid that just got back from North Korea died

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Zeris posted:

Forums poster SwampDonkey, next time you post a lame non sequitur in this thread I'm going to give you a mean custom title.

Don't dox me sir.

That's a request.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Has no one posted that the kid that just got back from North Korea died

HE LEFT HIS BRAAAAAAAINNNN

IN NORTH KOREAAAAAAA

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

HE LEFT HIS BRAAAAAAAINNNN

IN NORTH KOREAAAAAAA

IF YOU'RE GOING TO NORTH KOREAAAAAAA

BE SURE YOU DON'T RUN OUT OF AIIIIIIIIR

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

clean your lips woman

ooh ooh yo

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

LIVIN' IT UP AT THE HOTEL NORTH KOREA
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise),
Bring your alibis

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

SwampDonkey posted:

non-sequitur

Oh, speaking of AIDS infested garbage:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/876966271216218112

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
loving dental, it's always dental.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

jesus loving christ, again?!!?:

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
We need to check your rear end in a top hat.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Also the Supreme Court is hearing the Gerrymandering case.
lol, Kennedy never thought anyone would formally, mathematically address the "Yes but can you prove disenfranchisement" door he left open. The court's conservatives are never going to tie the hands of Republican state commissions disenfranchising Democrats, so expect Kennedy to piss away the rest of his legacy signing on to an opinion of "IT'S NOT TECHNICALLY ILLEGAL BY THE PLAIN WORDING OF THE CONSTITUTION" written by Gorsuch.

He gazed up at the enormous bra. Nine deployments it had taken him to learn what kind of vulgarity was cloaked beneath the white fabric. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two Franziskaner-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over the desert. He had managed to make Al Udeid worse.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

jesus loving christ, again?!!?:

Again!? This is a common thing?!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

KildarX posted:

The Military Base Act is a hell of a thing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

KildarX posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/30/va.hospital.hiv/index.html
2010, John Cochran VA Medical Center in St. Louis

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

facialimpediment posted:

He also might be Star Witness #1

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/876913605781979137

mixed news for Shim tbqh

:sigh:

Truth.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Everything is being handled as expected:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Stultus Maximus posted:

Everything is being handled as expected

ICE says the guy that murdered the 17-year old Muslim woman in Virginia was from El Salvador and here illegally.

https://twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/877010926658039808

Road rage, supposedly. http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-found-dead-suspected-kidnapping-virginia-mosque/story?id=48127793

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
The Brexit negotiations started yesterday, I wonder if the UK crushed the EU negotiators like May prom- oh:

quote:

Brexit: UK caves in to EU demand to agree divorce bill before trade talks

On first day of Brexit negotiations chief EU negotiator makes clear Britain cannot dictate timing of negotiations

British negotiators have capitulated to key European demands for a phased approach to Brexit talks, agreeing to park discussions on free trade until they have thrashed out the cost of the multibillion-euro UK divorce settlement.

Putting a brave face on a concession that may further strengthen the tactical dominance of the EU, the Brexit secretary, David Davis, insisted his initial retreat remained consistent with long-term government strategy.
The chief EU negotiator, Michel Barnier, made clear that he believed Britain was in no position to dictate the timing of the negotiations.
“The UK has asked to leave the EU, not the other way around, so we each have to assume the consequences of our decisions and the consequences are substantial,” he replied, when asked if the EU was making any concessions of its own. “Please do not underestimate those consequences.

“We need to remain calm,” added the former French diplomat. “We are talking about orderly withdrawal first and that makes sense. It’s not something we are asking for in order to get concessions, it’s just a direct consequence of the UK decision.

“I am not in a frame of mind to make concessions or ask for concessions,” he said. “We are looking to unravel 43 years of patiently built relations.”
In contrast to well-rehearsed EU positions on issues such as the financial settlement and Irish borders, British officials admit they did not bring any prepared negotiating papers to share with their counterparts – insisting instead that their overall ambitions were made clear by the government’s white paper and Lancaster House speech. :wtf:

Everything's coming up Great Britain!

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Art of the deal right thurr

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

facialimpediment posted:

ICE says the guy that murdered the 17-year old Muslim woman in Virginia was from El Salvador and here illegally.

https://twitter.com/nwarikoo/status/877010926658039808

Road rage, supposedly. http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-found-dead-suspected-kidnapping-virginia-mosque/story?id=48127793

How does a Trump supporter reconcile that an illegal alien killed a Muslim girl?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cowboy elvis posted:

How does a Trump supporter reconcile that an illegal alien killed a Muslim girl?

Something something "Good, let them kill each other" something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

cowboy elvis posted:

"a good start" or "let god sort em out", i'm sure

see also any civil war or regional fight between different shades of brown people

• Locked thread