Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Alter Ego posted:

No campaign in its right mind would send this, even ironically, so I'm guessing it's a joke of some kind.

Yeah, that's gotta be from an illegitimate email address that isn't associated with the campaign. Else somebody really, really hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Endorph posted:

one of you lads working for the osoff campaign?
Wow this is really pathetic :(

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Radish posted:

Haha what the hell is this.

Plagiarism.

We should sue the Ossoff campaign for copy-pasting from this thread

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

TyrantWD posted:

It's going to be a while before enough people feel the effects of ACHA, and by then they would have muddied the waters with enough disinformation that half the country will believe that people lost their healthcare because of an Obamacare poison pill, and that things would be so much worse if it were not for Trumpcare.

Yeah the Democrats need to really hammer in what is going to happen as much as they can. If they do their typical thing and hope facts will result in people realizing that the Republicans hosed them then they are going to lose. As much as the Turtle wants to obfuscate this process he's really just focusing a laser beam on this poo poo bill when it eventually passes. Now half the story is "Republicans know this thing is so bad they don't even want anyone outside of their inner circle to see it for fear of details leaking" which is making the media and interest groups like the AARP really pay attention. It's very possible to tie this around their necks and townhalls have shown that people are paying attention. The issue will be if the Democrats can capitalize on it and I'm not convinced they are up to it since they are really bad at politics.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Fw: Fw: JON OSSOFF IS GOING TO LOSE YOU GAY rear end PIECES OF poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Drone posted:

Yeah, that's gotta be from an illegitimate email address that isn't associated with the campaign. Else somebody really, really hosed up.

all the emails from the osoff campaign are like this, according to multiple people on twitter.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

all the emails from the osoff campaign are like this, according to multiple people on twitter.

Jesus loving Christ, Dems.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

I haven't receiving anything like this and I'm on multiple mailing lists. :confused:

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

WampaLord posted:

Jesus loving Christ, Dems.

Yeah, they I have a ton of them in my inbox after giving $5 to his campaign.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Radish posted:

I think Ossoff is going to lose because whenever the polling is this close in these Republican districts the Democrats always end up losing. I'm not sure if it's because the GOP is better at getting last minute undecideds on their side, embarrassed Republicans not admitting they are already 100% decided, Democrats just saying gently caress it on election day or being stopped from voting, or maybe even out right fraud. If Ossoff was going in with a larger lead I'd be more confident but in these ties they always end up going GOP. Having said that I want him to win and hope that the Democratic voters are able to pull this one because it sounds like the people on the ground have really done some serious work but it's really hard to fight off all the old and middle class people that really want to spite everyone else.

The shooting might get brought up as something that flipped it but I think that they could have pulled any lie out of thin air and got a similar bump if this matters. Anyone that feels like they need to vote because of that was going to vote R anyway.

Yeah this is where I am too. Thing is polling doesn't account for voter suppression because it only measures people who want to and plan on voting, and therefore can't measure people who want to vote but are blocked from doing so (by destruction of their registration, voter ID requirements, insufficient voting locations leading to long lines in left wing areas, etc.)

The only way that lefties win in regions like this is if something spikes MASSIVE youth voter turnout and blows out the "likely voter" calculations in the polls.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This thread is going to be insufferable today.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

FW: FW: If you don't donate to this campaign you deserve it you fucks!!!

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Ripoff posted:

I haven't receiving anything like this and I'm on multiple mailing lists. :confused:

Same. Maybe it's because I've donated before, so I don't get the sekret desperation emails? I dunno.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Radish posted:

Their base will always vote like crazy, it's the people that flip between the parties (because no party really helps them) and getting your own voters out that matter.

The problem is the undecided voter is an illusion, if you haven't picked a side by now you are either crazy or in a coma. The GOP will drive their turnout up and suppress everyone else, the only way for Democrats to win in red states is to run unopposed.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Glazier posted:

The problem is the undecided voter is an illusion, if you haven't picked a side by now you are either crazy or in a coma. The GOP will drive their turnout up and suppress everyone else, the only way for Democrats to win in red states is to run unopposed.

Undecided is an illusion but largely GOP is outnumbered and coasts on democrat apathy, suppression tactics and the regularity of old people voting GOP.

Who knows what today will bring

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Glazier posted:

I'm not sure that's really entirely true. There were a few articles written about midwestern families where they voted Obama who were excited for his message of change but then when he did nothing for them and their communities continued to wither they became less enthused and either didn't vote or changed the Romney because what choice did they really have. Part of that is the fault of local Republicans but Obama wasted a lot of opportunity on appearing like a serious bipartisan guy (which means economically right wing). I think to people like us that pay attention it's REALLY obvious that one side is all bad regardless of the merits or not of the Democratic party and vote based on that game theory but to people that aren't as committed to being politically informed it's easy to flip back and forth. "Undecideds" are a myth since most people know who they are voting for but that doesn't mean someone is going to vote one party their entire life.

The Republicans are already driving up their base to the most they can. The issue is the Democrats are not good at getting their's to vote and have done their best to abandon states they considered not worth the time because they weren't strategically important. If that attitude changes they could put up a fight but we'll see how interested they really are in getting back in power.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jun 20, 2017

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/877135735505158144

There will be takes.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's really weird how negative everyone is, a few days ago everyone was convinced Ossoff would win easily and literally nothing has changed in the race. I'm just glad it will be over, feel like this election has lasted 6 months.

France managed to elect president AND parliament in that timespan

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Sloober posted:

Undecided is an illusion but largely GOP is outnumbered and coasts on democrat apathy, suppression tactics and the regularity of old people voting GOP.

Who knows what today will bring

Disappointment, the long term destruction of the Democratic party, and complete and total GOP rule for at least a generation or two.

Radish posted:

I'm not sure that's really entirely true. There were a few articles written about midwestern families where they voted Obama who were excited for his message of change but then when he did nothing for them and their communities continued to wither they became less enthused and either didn't vote or changed the Romney because what choice did they really have. Part of that is the fault of local Republicans but Obama wasted a lot of opportunity on appearing like a serious bipartisan guy (which means economically right wing). I think to people like us that pay attention it's REALLY obvious that one side is all bad regardless of the merits or not of the Democratic party and vote based on that game theory but to people that aren't as committed to being politically informed it's easy to flip back and forth. "Undecideds" are a myth since most people know who they are voting for but that doesn't mean someone is going to vote one party their entire life.

We agree there, Obama and the corporate democrats may have convinced a lot of voters to pull that lever in 2008 then did their best to make sure they never voted for a D ever again. The problem is I think the people who are still engaged are the Republican for life types and much of the Obama coalition has just given up on voting forever.

quote:

The Republicans are already driving up their base to the most they can. The issue is the Democrats are not good at getting their's to vote and have done their best to abandon states they considered not worth the time because they weren't strategically important. If that attitude changes they could put up a fight but we'll see how interested they really are in getting back in power.

I don't think the Democratic party will be the one to do it, they just don't care; as long as the donor money keeps coming in they will pretend to put up a fight.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 20, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

fatherboxx posted:

France managed to elect president AND parliament in that timespan

England also declared a new vote and had it in that time for their representatives. Our elections are a loving nightmare and I'd support any legislation that made campaigning more than three months out illegal.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Radish posted:

England also declared a new vote and had it in that time for their representatives. Our elections are a loving nightmare and I'd support any legislation that made campaigning more than three months out illegal.

Election reform, like comprehensive election reform addressing automatic voter registration, election day on a weekend/holiday, time limitations, spending restrictions, etc. is one of those common sense things that any person with half a brain can see the need for, but will never ever happen because this is one of those few areas where both sides are actually so caught up in the way the system works now that they'd be afraid to change it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nabra Hassanen murder, the police are treating it as a road rage incident. Apparently the murderer felt a bunch of teens on bikes were slowing him down, got in a verbal shouting match with one of them, them drove over the curb, hopped out, and beat and kidnapped Nabra with a bat, presumably because she was within reach. Beat her again when she woke up, to death, then tossed her in the pond at his apartment complex. Tons of witnesses.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 20, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

On the other hand elections are one of the few times when trickle down economics actual works for local communities.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Glazier posted:

Disappointment, the long term destruction of the Democratic party, and complete and total GOP rule for at least a generation or two.

We agree there, Obama and the corporate democrats may have convinced a lot of voters to pull that lever in 2008 then did their best to make sure they never voted for a D ever again. The problem is I think the people who are still engaged are the Republican for life types and much of the Obama coalition has just given up on voting forever.

I don't think the Democratic party will be the one to do it, they just don't care; as long as the donor money keeps coming in they will pretend to put up a fight.

Hail Satan!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Radish posted:

On the other hand elections are one of the few times when trickle down economics actual works for local communities.

I have yet to receive my trickle down election money

Glazier posted:

Hmm yes indubitably

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Nabra Hassanen murder, the police are treating it as a road rage incident. Apparently the murderer felt a bunch of tense on bikes were slowing him down, got in a verbal sitting match with one of them, them drove over the curb, hopped out, and beat and kidnapped Nabra with a bat, presumably because she was within reach. Beat her again when she woke up, to death, then tossed her in the pond at his apartment complex. Tons of witnesses.

:catstare: Jesus, how was he on a NORMAL day?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sloober posted:

I have yet to receive my trickle down election money

You need to get into the local tv, radio, or sign making markets!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Nabra Hassanen murder, the police are treating it as a road rage incident. Apparently the murderer felt a bunch of tense on bikes were slowing him down, got in a verbal sitting match with one of them, them drove over the curb, hopped out, and beat and kidnapped Nabra with a bat, presumably because she was within reach. Beat her again when she woke up, to death, then tossed her in the pond at his apartment complex. Tons of witnesses.

What the heck happened in between him beating her on the street then dragging her off the finish the job if there were so many witnesses??

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 20, 2017

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Hail Gein!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Radish posted:

You need to get into the local tv, radio, or sign making markets!

What the heck happened in between him beating her on the street then dragging her off the finish the job if there were so many witnesses??

Presumably that's one reason he was caught so quickly. This was at 3:30 am or something so police response would probably be less immediate.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Glazier posted:

Probably because of dumbfucks who keep saying bullshit about corporate masters and both sides being the same because politics not being bing bong so simple hurts their brains?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Presumably that's one reason he was caught so quickly. This was at 3:30 am or something so police response would probably be less immediate.

Ahh I figured it was during the day that makes sense.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fulchrum posted:

Probably because of dumbfucks who keep saying bullshit about corporate masters and both sides being the same because politics not being bing bong so simple hurts their brains?

Both sides aren't the same, but it's well documented that since the 1970's the leadership of the Democratic Party leadership made a concerted effort to move to the right on things like trade, social issues, government scope and scale, foreign policy, etc. and they did it to court "moderate" Republicans and the donors who were backing them. The Democratic leadership today are better than Republicans, but that shouldn't be the bar we judge them by.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/877140939340468225

:lol:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Says second (?) fattest man in administration.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Burt Buckle posted:

Please. I would be much more discreet with what I steal.

I only steal hearts.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Glazier posted:

they exist and are almost unbelievably stupid

https://chrishayes.org/articles/decision-makers/

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mustached Demon posted:

You can't really call a shambling pile of the flayed skin of executed Nazis stitched into a loosely man shaped pile fat. It's technically mostly sinew and pus.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 20, 2017

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Mustached Demon posted:

Are we counting kislyak?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fulchrum posted:

You can't really call a shambling pile of the flayed skin of executed Nazis stitched into a loosely man shaped pile fat. It's technically mostly sinew and pus.

So he's a less adorable version of Stiches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe

Tatsuta Age posted:

Are we counting kislyak?
you leave puddin alone

• Locked thread