Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
[10:23 AM] Riviak: Oh I see. I typically prefer the personal touch with potential clients but we can do it through text if you prefer.
[10:24 AM] Riviak: I'm requesting a neutrality pact between TSA and the future bank of WA.
[10:25 AM] Riviak: I've already gotten agreements from every alliance within the FSC and the merchant guild along with three pirate alliances.
[10:26 AM] Riviak: What this neutrality means is that the bank will not participate in any wars and such. This means that you're free to pirate and bank but not free to pirate the bank. Also, if I understand correctly, your alliance is holding down a sector.
[10:26 AM] Riviak: If, when the bank gets going, your still able to hold down a sector the bank may provide a depository in your sector.
[10:27 AM] Riviak: This also means that the bank will need to be exempt from your licensing policies or given free licenses.
[10:28 AM] Riviak: Let me tell you a little about how the bank will work.
[10:29 AM] Tempus Thales: Well first of all we don't charge for Flight Passes. Those are free for everyone that wants one.
[10:30 AM] Riviak: We will be using shards as currency. These shards can be deposited at any bank depository. By setting up an account with the bank you will be given an account number. There will also be Alliance Accounts available. Once your shards are deposited you will be able to access them at any time from our website. By using someone else's account number you will be able to transfer shards to them using the website or you can withdraw from any depository.
[10:30 AM] Riviak: Fair enough but I know how the evolution of policy works. In the future, I have no doubt you will begin charging for the licenses to at least pass through your sector.
[10:30 AM] Riviak: Especially once I've built the economy
[10:32 AM] Riviak: There will also need to be a sector for the bank's Safe ship. The alliance that I choose will be given a free Alliance Account and discounted individual accounts for its leader and select officers.
[10:33 AM] Riviak: Do you have any questions about the bank or how it will work?
[10:38 AM] Riviak: Well, it goes a bit more in depth than that but I won't bore you with the details. I'm a banker by trade in the real world and it can get rather convoluted. The real question is, will your alliance honor the neutrality pact?
[10:40 AM] Riviak: The last thing I need, especially in starting up, is being robbed. This won't happen by anything other than a well organized Alliance which is why I'm reaching out to all of them. You included.
[10:40 AM] Riviak: Untill I can get the insurance company funded.
[10:40 AM] Riviak: Even then I'll want to avoid robberies, of course.

So now we need a bank robber faction and we are set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
So just how delicious are these pubbie tears? I'm thinking of hopping in. How's the goon presence? Can ya'll set me up with some newb goodies?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

What does that mean? The results of this vote means that this Tuesday 20th at 6pm BST / 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 7pm CEST there will be a new small batch of Founder’s Packs available for sale!

We are fully aware that the vote was a close result and you can rest assured we are working as fast as possible on delivering the first update to address some of the issues that were reported since the beginning of Closed Beta.

Thank you to everyone that participated and we look forward to welcoming a new wave of travellers tomorrow!

Xoxo

The Worlds Adrift team

The Bilk Adrift Team imo

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Okay you bastards sold me. This game could be something really special. I already adore vehicle crafting games and this one looks like there's lots of potential for some real interesting action.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

worlds adrift forums posted:

Calling these guys pirates is insulting to pirates. They aren’t so much pirates under a pretense of security as they are an attempt at tyrannical governorship. I’m not really worried about the people that are crying about this because they are afraid to be shot down… it’s an open world pvp sandbox… it’s no holds barred, whether these players decided to levy their force or not. Since you can’t discern a pirate from a neutral player until shots are fired, getting your pass is completely irrelevant. You can accomplish the same thing as taking the players name down once they commit what you consider an offense.

Something you’ve clearly overlooked is the difference between griefers and pirates. Pirates have no interest in order or chaos. Pirates are fundamentally for freedom of all kinds, chaos is what ensues when personal will is forced upon free people. This also describes griefing, when a player or group impedes a player’s activity because enforcing their will on said player. They camp zones, prevent free passage, kill repeatedly till the player leaves or they find something better to do. A pirate will take the opportunity to do whatever they want then move on. Yeah they might routinely go hunt people for loot but once the hunt is done the individual holds no further value.

What your group is doing is griefing… you want to impose your “order” on free airspace, in some cases under “fine”. If you feel so inclined you will use indiscriminate force repeatedly on groups you consider going against your regulations. You’re nothing more than griefers with preset requirements under a façade of security.

This will eventually blow up in your face. The game is still too restricted for people to really retaliate in force, and tbh I don’t think anyone will give a crap that you exist. There are plenty of places to go and you don’t have a big enough net to control anything anyway. If you fire on players that don’t abide by your rules, you will be retaliated against, if it happens enough it will be open season on everyone that claims your alliance.

There is no point in restricting travel to altitudes for any reason as there is nothing to impede travel by everyone sharing that airspace, you’re just expanding your envelope to spontaneously open fire.

Pirate activity needs to be proven not disproven. Your only just cause would be a defensive posture. The only way I will accept your existence is if your rules of engagement when entering airspace in conflict is to announce yourself and declare cease fires then fire on the aggressor…. that’s literally it.

Quit defending it like it’s for the common captains, it’s just so most of the ego driven players can push their way around. Even in this post there’s several iterations of “obey us or be destroyed”, “understand the nature of power”, blah blah. People are talking about retaliation because you all gave no room for discussion. You lack justification, respect, and class.

This is going to be fun :)!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

desudrive posted:

So just how delicious are these pubbie tears? I'm thinking of hopping in. How's the goon presence? Can ya'll set me up with some newb goodies?

in alpha i skydived onto a ship and planted bombs and got people really mad as i blew panelings and cores apart

i told them that they were polluting the beautiful skies :qq:

do that and tears will flow forth like liquid gold, even more so with a bigger pool of players. Alpha was definitely a bit quieter but it sounds like theres a ton of opportunities lately

did they change bombs in any way?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

desudrive posted:

There is goon presence, the type of content we are driving is bringing a lot of PVP to a specific area in the game, if you buy a founders pack and you make it into the game you can come with the flight crew and level up easily and I'm pretty sure we can hook you up.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Lastgirl posted:

did they change bombs in any way?

They are nerfing them with the next patch, temporarily at least.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

im gonna buy this tomorrow

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I have a feeling keys are going to go extremely quickly again. So if you want a key you better be f5ing at 10AM PST, 1PM EST.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
A lot of ship engineering science was done tonight.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

forge posted:

I have a feeling keys are going to go extremely quickly again. So if you want a key you better be f5ing at 10AM PST, 1PM EST.

I was shocked how fast they went last time considering the first batch was up for a good couple hours.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
More keys today 10am pst.

Also patch notes.

WORLDS ADRIFT 0.1.1.1 CLOSED BETA PATCH NOTES

June 20th 2017

Greetings travellers,

We’re happy to share that today we have a case of an unexpected win/win situation, which doesn’t happen all that often in games development! Our original target was to release the first game update last Thursday. As you know, internal testing last week found critical issues that prevented us from going live. This was still the case Monday, but by the end of the day, we were able to confirm that we could deploy the update. With no fixed date that we could share with you at that time, we ran a poll to ask you about what your preferences would be if we had more time to work on the bigger picture.

Considering the close results of the poll, we were fully aware that a lot of you wanted to see the first update as fast as possible – and happily our tests have gone well so we’re releasing both the update and a small batch of keys today! The update is live now – you can start updating your client while waiting for maintenance to complete – and the next batch of Founder’s Packs will be available at 6 pm BST / 7 pm CEST / 1 pm EDT / 10 am PDT.

Our big targets for this update were to address some of the most urgent issues on our plate; we wanted to focus on bug fixes and performance optimisation, as well as some silly things in the game that just needed to change! One thing that may be of interest to our Island Creator community is the ability to scan an island for the name of its maker, giving you guys some much-deserved credit! You’ll also notice that we’re starting to introduce the long-planned progression of characters’ known schematics, with a limit on how many you can know at a time (as well as the ability to unlearn them). This gives players the tools to start specializing their character towards the kind of skyfarer they want to play. In a future update, players will be able to raise their schematics limit through gameplay.

NEW FEATURES

Scanning an island will now show the Steam name of its creator!
A limit on schematics learned, and the ability to unlearn schematics, have been implemented. In future updates, your character will be able to raise her limit through gameplay.
The Settings menu has made its debut with its first setting: an option to invert the mouse. Our statistician estimates this will raise our Steam rating by four hundred percentage points.
The shipyard’s information panel now lists all parts attached to a docked ship, along with their weights.

NOTABLE BUGFIXES

The client has received more optimizations to reduce the freezing that happens when approaching new islands. In addition, the steady worsening of the freezes has been fixed. This is an ongoing area of improvement.
Additional optimizations put in place to increase general framerate.
Fixed some instances of characters being unable to log in due to broken character data. There may still be other instances where this happens – please let us know if you encounter one!
Docking a ship you don’t own to a shipyard you don’t own should no longer result in the player being unable to release the helm.
Impassable storms, as well as the max height of the world, should no longer throw your ship back (or down) as violently.
Flight instruments (fuel gauge, altimeter, etc.) are again placeable on all ship surfaces and ship part surfaces – including, yes, bar pipes.
Other players should no longer see your pistol or scanner floating in a seemingly random position.
Various bugs with tutorial messages and on-screen prompts have been fixed.
An exploit allowing multiple Atlas cores to be attached to the same ship has been fixed. If your ship currently has multiple Atlas cores attached, well, RIP in pieces 2017.
Duping materials via exploiting cannons’ ammo boxes has been fixed.
The “understorm” should no longer appear completely featureless from the inside.
Fixed some connection issues.
What was erroneously named US-West during 0.1.0 was actually US-East! This means you will now correctly find your existing US character on US-East.

NOTABLE BALANCE CHANGES AND TWEAKS

It is now no longer necessary to remove deck pieces before salvaging a ship frame via the shipyard; the decks will be salvaged – just as they’re crafted – along with the frame.
The difficulty of passing through stormwalls should feel a lot less random now.
Numerous text tweaks. For example, “Reclaim” on the shipyard menu has been renamed “Salvage frame” to reduce confusion; the names of different categories of schematics have been reworded as well; etc.
Impassable storms are now a bit more visually distinct.
The player health bar color has been changed to be more easily readable.
Choosing to respawn at a random reviver now always offers an explanatory warning and requires confirmation.

KNOWN ISSUES & WORKAROUNDS

When flying from one island to another, characters standing on ships may be unstable, even occasionally getting thrown off. It may be best to quickly grapple to the ship if you experience these stutters.
Ships will, in rare occasions, teleport to the edge of the world and be destroyed by the impassable storms. Investigation continues into the cause.
Sometimes players’ registration to their shipyard enters a broken state, and they are unable to pick up parts with their Shipbuilding tool. Restarting the client will fix this. Registering with a different shipyard and re-registering with the original will also fix this.
Climbing on very bent ship panels, or in spaces the character normally can’t enter, will do serious damage or kill the character: Avoid these for now, as climbing is still unstable.
Logging in on a ship that has moved will result in logging in midair.
The visuals for sandstorms and stormwalls sometimes swapped when inside them.
WiFi may incur problems: Best played on an Ethernet connection for now.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY8WcgtyqEI
PvP Video with Adventurous Music

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Going to try and pick this up today. Does anyone know if this game is going to have marketplace support?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Seems doubtful.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Tears collected...

GG Forge and Adadad

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Is there a guide on how to start out in this poo poo game?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Go to knowledge server school by scanning them with the 4 tool. Grapple boost everywhere at all times, even while running on flat surfaces to get used to it. Put your valuable stuff in your belt (the part of your inventory below the bar). Get in Discord. Shipyard + assembly station to make ships. Grappling the ground before falling onto it resets your momentum somewhat so you don't die from a long fall.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FileNotFound posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932986882

or you can ask any of us playing.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FileNotFound posted:

Get in discord voice. Or chat with us and ask. Super simple.

Less than 1 hour until keys

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Perfect thanks. I may try to get some of the Empyrion goons - or what's left of Empyrion goons to give this turd a shot.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

will the buy option just show up on the founders pack screen?

or on steam?

queeb fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 20, 2017

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Posting for discord, same name as here

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

queeb posted:

will the buy option just show up on the founders pack screen?

or on steam?
Yeah.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so i should just refresh both and see if I can get one on either platform?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yep. You get a steam key if you order from the website. You have to launch the game through Steam to play. For now at least. Last time Steam came up first by a good margin though.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Their site has gone down

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

nada on steam either

Septic Tank Gulag
Jun 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
We wait with bated breath.

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
how to buy this poo poo game?

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012

dogsupremacy posted:

how to buy this poo poo game?

did they forget to sell it?!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

it was up, went to buy it but my credit card wouldnt work due to security reasons. oh well!

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Got a key!

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
So I guess it's just not going up on steam this time? Would have been nice to know.

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012

TheRagamuffin posted:

So I guess it's just not going up on steam this time? Would have been nice to know.

they prob don't have to pay gaben as much or something? I got a key but the website crashed again right after

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012

TescoBag posted:

Got a key!

same but i dont think im going to play it i just wanted a rare game for my back log :boom::boom::boom::boom:

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones
Got a key, i'm Nav on discord.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

its up on steam, got a key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Septic Tank Gulag