Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

RA Dickey's had a fine MLB career without even having a UCL. Teach Torres to throw a knuckler and he'll be fine.

I love how this scenario also involves changing his handedness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

coronaball posted:

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone else suffering a UCL injury sliding into a base. What a freak thing.

In the elbow no, but the thumb injuries like Trouts are actually a UCL.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Remember when the Astros cheaped on Brady Aiken over concern about his UCL and everyone called bullshit and then he tore his UCL

:thunk:

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

In the elbow no, but the thumb injuries like Trouts are actually a UCL.

I mean, technically, it's called an Ulnar Collateral Ligament as well, but that's only because it's located on the same side of the thumb as the ulna. Collateral ligament injuries in general are common among athletes because of the repetitive actions/forces they go through that the body may or may not be meant to do regularly - for example MCL injuries from pivoting or landing in basketball, thumb UCL from skiing and the UCL of the elbow in throwing.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

iospace posted:

Do you happen to be a broadcaster for the red Sox?

I only said they needed translators because so many talked about their difficulties with the language barrier. Some were resorting to learning English from their girlfriends (who they could barely talk to when they started dating).

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

coronaball posted:

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone else suffering a UCL injury sliding into a base. What a freak thing.

I thought he was sliding into home and the catcher came down on his arm while trying to apply the tag.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
joe smith on 10 day dl, please fire the entire blue jays training staff

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Hail Satan and Trade for Buster Posey

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
Absolutely 100% don't care that he wouldn't play that much catcher either, put him at first and removefire Chris Carter from the lineup into the sun

MODS CURE JOKES fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 19, 2017

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

Hail Satan and Trade for Buster Posey

isn't he the face of the franchise? i don't see this happening at all

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol if you think the Giants are actually going to rebuild, or even think about trading away their core players. Maybe you'll see Nunez/Cueto/Shark dealt at the deadline if they can get decent hauls for any of them, but the rest of the team is going down with the ship as long as their faces are selling tickets.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Will Torres be out for a full calendar year like most pitchers?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're hoping to have him back for Spring Training.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

lol if you think the Giants are actually going to rebuild, or even think about trading away their core players. Maybe you'll see Nunez/Cueto/Shark dealt at the deadline if they can get decent hauls for any of them, but the rest of the team is going down with the ship as long as their faces are selling tickets.
they still "sell out" every game so of course they can't trade away beloved players!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gleyber Torres is dead, long live Gleyber Torres

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Your Taint posted:

Will Torres be out for a full calendar year like most pitchers?

Nah, its like half that time for position players.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Carl Crawford had TJS like the day before he was acquired by the Dodgers in the infamous Punto deal. He was back for opening day the next season, but his noodle arm was pathetic in the OF the rest of his career.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 20, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Now this is a real cubs fan. Not one of those bandwagon assholes

https://twitter.com/TimBaffoe/status/876964569629020160

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

is that guy wearing a mouthguard?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jjcoop36/status/876961530377646084

:stare:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Vlad Jr. is obliterating some balls and it loving owns.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SINCARF LOOPSTOCK IS IN THIS

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Ladies
https://twitter.com/KolbyAllard/status/876979660063727617

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Cody Bellinger spotted the rest of the NL 3 weeks. He leads the league in home runs.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I feel like this is the best Dodger offense I've ever seen, yet they're still only 7th in OPS in the NL

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

watch out, baseball the Mighty World's Champion Chicago Cub-men have beaten the Unstoppable San Diego Padres to raise their record above the .500 mark.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I feel like this is the best Dodger offense I've ever seen, yet they're still only 7th in OPS in the NL
The 2013 offense had some stretches that were probably better, like during the 42-8 run.

But this team is younger so it's more exciting imo

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Passan & Rosenthal are reporting the Rangers aren't going to deal Darvish even if they fall out of contention for the WC, they want to keep Texas as the only place he's known in the MLB and re-sign him, and are also hoping it gives them a leg up on Ohtani since Yu's his idol.

Hot drat if he walks and all they get is a comp pick the rotation's gonna be brutal next year.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

they're either serious or anchoring. either way, that's the stance you want to take going into the deadline, i'd say

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Jays beating up on the Texas Rangers and wrecking their closer will always be cool and good. God Bless Texas.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Jays beating up on the Texas Rangers and wrecking their closer will always be cool and good. God Bless Texas.

:arghfist::sigh:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Mike Zunino is finally loving fixed. Thank god.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

That's the south, alright.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Some Numbers posted:

Mike Zunino is finally loving fixed. Thank god.

He still strikes out a lot, but he went from 1 true outcome to 3. He's gone from being a laughingstock of a wRC+ of 38 to the 6th best hitting catcher in baseball (with a minimum of 150 PAs).

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
N: K-rod gave up a 2 out, 2 run home run last night, bringing his ERA to 6.66.

V: working on a script for my baseball themed horror movie. Tigers bullpen built on top of Indian graveyard, reliever's possessed by satan, thing just writes itself at this point.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/Baer_Bill/status/876661067065282560

apparently he deleted this one in there too :lol:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

seiferguy posted:

He still strikes out a lot, but he went from 1 true outcome to 3. He's gone from being a laughingstock of a wRC+ of 38 to the 6th best hitting catcher in baseball (with a minimum of 150 PAs).

He's also creeping up on the Mariners record for most RBI in June.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I need someone to put Randy Newman's score along with this

Here's a couple more angles of it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Here's Vlad Jr's second round:
https://twitter.com/baseballexis/status/876982381801951232

I want to see this pace in the MLB derby now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Inspector_666 posted:

Here's Vlad Jr's second round:
https://twitter.com/baseballexis/status/876982381801951232

I want to see this pace in the MLB derby now.

It's frightening how much he looks like his old man swinging.

• Locked thread