Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Helical Nightmares posted:

Beat the Crocadillian with this team.

So the Houndmaster is an ex-Lawman?

Yeah, when you hire him the ancestor's bark is "A lawman and his faithful beast. A bond forged by battle and bloodshed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Soup du Journey posted:

Yeah, when you hire him the ancestor's bark is "A lawman and his faithful beast. A bond forged by battle and bloodshed."

We will eventually learn that the Houndmaster's chief got bribed by the Ancestor and after gathering evidence the Houndmaster stops being a dog cop. Also the Ancestor tortured one of the Hound's ancestors to death or something horrible and the hound is out for Revenge.

Classic buddy cop drama.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Whelp... just fed a team to the crocodile. Don't go in with level 1s.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

So I learned I hate the fishmen. The revenge came outta nowhere two turns in a row holy gently caress balls.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Take Plague Doctor and Occultist duo and never fear the cove again

Sorced
Nov 5, 2009
So who said jesters didn't get buffed?

Districts unlock once you get a blueprint. I happened to get one from a town event, no clue how to get them otherwise. Apart from the jester one they are stupidly expensive for small benefits.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Apparently you get blueprints from bosses. No idea where you get Invitations, though.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nomadic Scholar posted:

So I learned I hate the fishmen. The revenge came outta nowhere two turns in a row holy gently caress balls.

The drowned thralls are on a timer. The Revenge is always their 2nd attack, so focus fire them down and/or stun them to buy another turn to focus fire them down.

On another note, I started a new estate for the DLC and I am loving the poo poo out of the flagellant so far. I like that he fills a very similar niche to the crusader but in a completely different way (plus the flagellant loses most of his damage in the ruins whereas crusader gets a buff, so they'll never step on each others' toes completely.) His self mark is incredibly weak, especially in comparison to the crusader's new bulwark, but his special low-hp moves are so brutally efficient that he can afford to spend turns inefficiently transferring damage off teammates to himself and then make it up with a huge burst turn at low hp. His damage does have some scaling issues so some of the shine is probably going to come off at high levels, but on the other hand his low hp heals have the best scaling of any healing abilities in the game by a huge margin.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
at the start of the campaign do you guys just purge most of the scrubs with skeeter aids? cause i only have 3 bloods and its probably going to take me forever to get an invitation

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What's the ideal set to run on antiquarian? I heard she was bad but her skills are so awful I'm not sure what to even have her run.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Beat the Crocodile with level 1s and 0 casualties. Occultist, Vestal, Reynauld and Dismas :smug:

I think there was all of one character who wasn't on Death's Door at the end, everyone was stressed like crazy, and Reynauld and Dismas were both high out of their minds on blood

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
that protect me skill is solid, since i think it buffs whoever's guarding her. her knife attack is okay for dicing some jerkoff who's already on the ropes. beyond that? uhh..maybe that dodge buff i guess? it's okay to shuffle that heal onto her deck if you're worried about keeping people off death's door

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Soup du Journey posted:

that protect me skill is solid, since i think it buffs whoever's guarding her. her knife attack is okay for dicing some jerkoff who's already on the ropes. beyond that? uhh..maybe that dodge buff i guess? it's okay to shuffle that heal onto her deck if you're worried about keeping people off death's door

"Get Down!" can be useful in the Warrens and Cove because of how common pulls are there.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Some man had a prestigious career as a general in countless wars, get struck down in glorious combat, raised to command an army of the dead, only to get laid low by a crazy cat lady.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

What's the ideal set to run on antiquarian? I heard she was bad but her skills are so awful I'm not sure what to even have her run.

Protect Me is her only legitimately good skill, so it's a mandatory pick. Her heal is awful but it's a useful utility she can't get any other way. Both of those are somewhar situational, so she needs her stab so she can contribute damage.

After that, ehh, you've already covered 99% of her actions. Get Down is probably the most useful of the remainder, it's a good utility if you get shuffled. Her dodge buff can be marginally useful in dodge stacking setups (although you're probably using Protect Me in that case anyhow.) At high levels her blight reaches kind of usable damage, although you're probably not playing too many champion antiquarian runs. Flashpowder is almost assuredly the worst skill in the game, so it's right out.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"lmao normal mode is so easy I'm gonna fight a shambler it won't even be hard"

"Oh."

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Had to restart Stygian due to one too many party wipes before finishing off the Apprentice Necromancer. drat heart attacks. Anyway, what do people want to be? I've got:

1 Hellion
1 MaA
1 Leper
1 Abom
1 BH
Reynauld & Dismas
1 Occultist
2 pupper-mans
2 Graverobbers
2 PD
2 Arbalests.

I'm lazy as gently caress otherwise I'd just assign people random characters.

Please make me a purple plague doctor!

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Is there any legitimate way to play with the Musketeer if you weren't a backer?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingWiseTitanMau5

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the incoherent screaming in that video never fails to make me giggle like a little kid

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Speedball posted:

Apparently you get blueprints from bosses. No idea where you get Invitations, though.

So in a cleared file there's no way to get blueprints?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Can anyone explain the backstory exactly? Because so far it seems like The Ancestor joined in on the Kool Aid party and planned on some elaborate murderation (surprise surprise, after all this dude seems to have issues with women) until she goes all Praying Mantis on his rear end and...I dunno?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report: blasphemous vial now +25% stress, saw mosquitos the size of pelicans, and I fired someone for being a vampire.

Really curious to see these districts. I wonder if they're actual in-town structures you can see or what.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Sadly I can't take advantage of those buffs to hellion et al. since I am playing on ps4. I can't wait to buy CC on there.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So did anyone actually keep their crimson infected recruits? I got one guy who picked it up and after realizing it was gonna be a constant issue I just fired him. Figure I'll save all this blood for when a character I actually want to keep gets it.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
alternately, is there a way to cure a cat who gets infected

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Initial trip report:

Killed the 'gator with two level 0's and two level 1's. (Though :rip: one Plague Doctor)

Got vampirisim on a Vestal, fired them. If I do get it on a more damage oriented class, I'll keep them next time. See if I can take advantage of the damage buff. :black101:

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ragnar34 posted:

Trip report: blasphemous vial now +25% stress, saw mosquitos the size of pelicans, and I fired someone for being a vampire.

Really curious to see these districts. I wonder if they're actual in-town structures you can see or what.
from the steam page:

the gameplay video has some more, I think. there's one which gives you 2 blood per week, which sounds super useful if you dont want to ditch your level 6 vampires

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I'm a bit disappointed that the districts are pretty much post-end-game content if you're playing on Stygian/Bloodmoon. They're a huge heirloom sink in relation to the benefits they provide, and the Blacksmith/Guild bottleneck is still there. I don't see how you can afford them before you have had fully upgraded level 6 guys for a long time.

Hannibal Rex fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Jun 20, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

the incoherent screaming in that video never fails to make me giggle like a little kid

I would be screaming too.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hannibal Rex posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that the districts are pretty much post-end-game content if you're playing on Stygian/Bloodmoon. They're a huge heirloom sink in relation to the benefits they provide, and the Blacksmith/Guild bottleneck is still there. I don't see how you can afford them before you have had fully upgraded level 6 guys for a long time.
yeah the prices are ridiculous. don't be afraid to mod your game. nobody cares. god's not watching. achievements still work.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Eh, I don't think they're that expensive, unless you are trying to build The Red Hook or complete all of them. Since you can trade heirlooms and busts tend to be the least valuable, it will be possible to get the cheaper ones early enough.

Bank- 5% interest on your savings for just 55 portraits? You realize how fast that is going to pay for itself? It'll put the Antiquarian out of business that's for sure.
Cartographer's Camp- Pretty niche; the main use seems to be if you have lots of trinkets with bonuses for darkness, since I'm guessing the bonuses are based on the light being one tier brighter than it is.
Granary- Another money saver, since you always bring food. It also makes food heal for 15% more, and isn't too expensive to unlock.
Puppet Theater- The passive stress reduction means with a maxed out roster you only need to use stress buildings to cure affliction. Since the curse spreads readily through multiple heroes using those buildings, it can help control it.
The class-specific buildings: It is like getting a third trinket with no malus. Aethenium is rather 'meh' but Outsider's Bonfire giving 2 extra respite if you have Abom, Hellion, or Leper is excellent.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Little bit of horney fanart from kutori.deviantart.com

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I think they nerfed puzzling Trapozehedrons. I could've sworn they used to be 5,000g apiece, now they're only 3,500 :qq:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Panfilo's Flagellant overview:

Punish- A really good main attack, very good bleed damage for its levels. It also lowers bleed resist which makes the Flagellant unique in that he's a bleed-based character still useful in places where enemies aren't necessarily vulnerable to bleed. While it would still take too much effort to bleed skeletons to death, his debuffs do make it viable to use him in the Cove.

Rain of Sorrows- A lot of people don't like this ability either, but again, you gotta look at the big picture; it reduces target bleed resist. Any and all bleed stacks vs a multi-action boss are useful and the Flagellant can pile them on himself, or contribute toward his allies efforts.

Exsanguinate- A really strong finisher, even better than Hellion's Bleed Out. Not only does it do a lot of bleed damage to the target but it also self-heals him as well. Since it only triggers when you're under 50% health you probably can't use it two consecutive turns, but that's not too bad. The debuffs are manageable if you bank on finishing the battle quickly, use herbs if you can spare them, or are relying on him getting hit so he can reach the under 50% threshold and use it again.

Reclaim- Another maligned skill, that turns people off because the self-applied bleed is much more severe than the heal over time benefits. Its not as useful as other heals, but it has some niche roles; each tick of the heal over time can crit heal the target, at higher ranks it also frontloads a bit of health, and it is a passive way to pull a hero off Death's Door. By bleeding himself the Flagellant can get himself down to the 50% threshold to use some of his other abilities.

Redeem- Wow! as soon as the Flagellant gets down to half health, he can not only heal like half of an ally's health up, but he pretty much tops himself off as well. As such, you can't use it twice in a row, but ideally you're also sopping up a lot of DoTs to seesaw between that threshold during the battle. This is a really strong heal I see getting a lot of use in Stygian/Bloodmoon where many enemies can easily 2-shot you.

Endure- Taking the Jester's job, trades stress on the Flagellant for stress relief on an ally. However, this is a good tradeoff, because the Flagellant's affliction (Rapturous) isn't always bad, and there are many ways to mitigate the stress on the Flagellant if you desire.

Suffer- Pulls marks and DoT off an ally and slaps it on himself, as well as gives himself extra PROT and Deathblow resistance. Now that last part is interesting, because you could use this guy near-suicidally, and considering how many benefits he gets toward having low health that seems to be the intention. In a support role, I see a player having this guy in the back to alternate between Suffer and Redeem. I also noted the target doesn't need to have marks/DoT for this to work, in the event you just want the buffs on him for whatever reason.

Camp skills
Lash's Anger- This confused a lot of people, but the whole idea behind it is to make him Raptuous on purpose. Its a high risk/high reward strategy, but combined with the rage effect from the Blood could be an interesting tactic if you just need raw damage and speed on your side.
Lash's Solace- When you want to keep his stress down, its the most cost-effective camp stress heal in the game.
Lash's Kiss- Basically its like Self-Medicate, but better, because it boosts his speed. Hell, its worth it just for the speed buff alone, the other DoT clears and heals are just gravy.
Lash's Cure- Cheap disease removal, saves money though sadly you can't beat the Crimson Curse out of yourself.

Given that a lot of his skills have HP thresholds, and he gets buffs when under like a third of his health, it seems like +HP items would be really good on him. He'd reach those thresholds with more wiggle room, making it less risky. He can help you tank DoTs (or simply consolodate them to conserve bandages). Martyr's Seal is REALLY good on him, he can basically seesaw back and forth between Death's Door to maximize his damage. As an example, if you were on Death's Door, you could Exsanguinate for big damage and bleed, and on the enemy's turn you're off Death's Door, but they might smack you down or close to it, so then you can do it again debuffs be damned.

He has a few downsides; Reclaim feels rather niche at this point and having so many abilities contingent on being low on health is always going to carry risk. He's religious so its yet another hero that won't play with the Abomination. He can't use any offensive abilities in the back two rows and doesn't have any move skills, so if he gets knocked in the very back he's resigned to chewing on his elbows until you can get him back in the action. He can't use Encourage/First Aid/Pep talk in camp.The self-inflicted debuffs are pretty severe and you might have to plan around them.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Panfilo posted:

I think they nerfed puzzling Trapozehedrons. I could've sworn they used to be 5,000g apiece, now they're only 3,500 :qq:
I think they used to be 2500 then got bumped up to 3500 in the radiant update.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Panfilo posted:

Endure- Taking the Jester's job, trades stress on the Flagellant for stress relief on an ally. However, this is a good tradeoff, because the Flagellant's affliction (Rapturous) isn't always bad, and there are many ways to mitigate the stress on the Flagellant if you desire.

What many ways? All I can think of is his camp skill.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Sparticle posted:

I think they used to be 2500 then got bumped up to 3500 in the radiant update.

They were definitely 5,000 a piece

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Bolow posted:

They were definitely 5,000 a piece

Was that with an antiquarian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
This may have already been answered, but if I grab the DLC, will it be integrated into the campaign I'm already in or do I have to start over?