Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

How does a Trump supporter reconcile that an illegal alien killed a Muslim girl?

Read the comments on that tweet to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

cowboy elvis posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Flynn is pardoned then he HAS to testify on everything right?

If he's pardoned and he accepts the pardon he cannot assert his Fifth Amendment privilege over any conduct covered by the pardon.
If he refuses to testify in that scenario, he can be held in contempt until he does testify.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

cowboy elvis posted:

How does a Trump supporter reconcile that an illegal alien killed a Muslim girl?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/disabled-executive-special-counsel-investigation-and-presidential-immunities

Obama's white house counsel's opinion on whether a sitting president can be indicted. constitutional crazyness abounds.

Except for the last two pargraphs, it's a dumb opinion. "If we took the Constitutional considerations out of the discussion, how might we address this Constitutional question?"
But I suppose nobody would have given him the space to write if he was just going to say, "Oh hey, look at what the 25th Amendment says!"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like that people online generally are like SHE WAS A MUSLIM TEENAGER like that's worse than murdering a teenager, ever

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Please work out.

https://twitter.com/YAppelbaum/status/877129026850230273

Totally unclear if Bannon is joking (is he capable of that?) or if someone spontaneously combusted due to the irony of the pigfucker calling Spicer fat.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't like that people online generally are like SHE WAS A MUSLIM TEENAGER like that's worse than murdering a teenager, ever

If you're murdering someone because you have an issue with their race/religion*, yeah, that's "worse" than killing someone in a lover's spat or even a random stranger. Is it a weird concept that we would treat crimes differently based on motive?

*when that's the case, which this incident doesn't seem to be

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

D&D posted:

Nabra Hassanen murder, the police are treating it as a road rage incident. Apparently the murderer felt a bunch of teens on bikes were slowing him down, got in a verbal shouting match with one of them, then drove over the curb, hopped out, and beat and kidnapped Nabra with a bat, presumably because she was within reach. Beat her again when she woke up, to death, then tossed her in the pond at his apartment complex. Tons of witnesses.

Serious people only view it as worse because of the potential ramifications, i.e, inspiring retaliation, copycat attacks, or radicalization. The internet can clutch pearls as much as it wants on the pity point multiplier each race/gender/religion combination is worth.

I don't think it's necessarily worse than a teenager of any other race getting beaten to death, but I can see the concern other people might have for this being a catalyzing event.

I can also see the value in hate crime statutes, but I don't think they apply here.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I agree, road rage definitely encompasses savage beating with a club from a car

...and subsequent kidnapping

...and further savage beating

...and murder by way of baseball bat

...and concealment of a corpse

Yup, no other possible angle to this story.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
A victim is a victim, but the act itself stands out against a "normal" murder because it's probably a hate crime and it's reasonable to think this might inspire more hate crimes.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I agree, road rage definitely encompasses savage beating with a club from a car

...and subsequent kidnapping

...and further savage beating

...and murder by way of baseball bat

...and concealment of a corpse

Yup, no other possible angle to this story.

That's the only thing that got's me puzzled: Yes, if this really was just road rage, its not a hate crime, but his actions, including kidnapping and beating her not once but twice, doesn't fit the normal road rage MO.

Oh, apparently when he was dumping the body he did it in full view of multiple eyewitnesses. The guy doesn't seem very smart.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

That's the only thing that got's me puzzled: Yes, if this really was just road rage, its not a hate crime, but his actions, including kidnapping and beating her not once but twice, doesn't fit the normal road rage MO.

Oh, apparently when he was dumping the body he did it in full view of multiple eyewitnesses. The guy doesn't seem very smart.

https://youtu.be/2xUynRdzzsM

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Every violent crime should be a hate crime. Cut out the gray area.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

TBeats posted:

Every violent crime should be a hate crime. Cut out the gray area.

this is literary a south park speech, therefore its bad and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

It's true...all lives do matter...

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

ElMaligno posted:

this is literary a south park speech, therefore its bad and you should be ashamed of yourself.

South Park is actually p good

and I think you mean "literally"

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
also why isn't there a white history month... makes u think...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I was looking for a movie to watch later while my living room gets cleared out.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MA-Horus posted:

Until they try to do anything covering Libertarianism and its views, and then they flop because its beyond reproach in their eyes.

https://twitter.com/moneyries/statu...agenumber%3D821

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 20, 2017

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Drone lives matter

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

MA-Horus posted:

I agree, except when they try the "truth is in the middle" poo poo . Then it becomes super bad.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ElMaligno posted:

I agree, except when they try the "truth is in the middle" poo poo . Then it becomes super bad.

Seriously bad.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I watch South Park for jokes, possibly fart-related or otherwise inappropriate ones, not to get a dose of either political side getting slammed :shrug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

It's like when some retard kills a Sikh and people go "He wasn't even a Muslim!" as if that would have been better

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 20, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Rex Tillerson wants to work with Russia on Cybersecurity, I wonder why this might be laughably stupid considering recent events.

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-us-cyber-security-tillerson-627379

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I watch South Park for jokes, possibly fart-related or otherwise inappropriate ones, not to get a dose of either political side getting slammed :shrug:

Same, but sadly Trey Parker and Matt Stone make childish political statements.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Cartoons...political?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Zeris posted:

Cartoons...political?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

Rex Tillerson wants to work with Russia on Cybersecurity, I wonder why this might be laughably stupid considering recent events.

http://www.newsweek.com/russia-us-cyber-security-tillerson-627379

The weirdest thing is how schizophrenic the administraton acts on stuff. Like there's that Tillerson bullshit, but then Mnuchin just expanded the Russian sanctions due to Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/USTreasury/status/877173786151440384

https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/sm0114.aspx

Everyone just seems to be freelancing because Donnie's swiss cheese brain and management style can't handle a bureaucracy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So when are we getting gun camera footage of that shoot down? I mean that had to have been recorded right?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So when are we getting gun camera footage of that shoot down? I mean that had to have been recorded right?

Was it within visual range?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

Was it within visual range?

Hmm good point I forget how far away the range is on AA missiles.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
The ABC news article on the shoot down implied it may have been a gun kill but haven't seen any evidence to back that up. Would be kinda awesome if true

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Buca di Bepis posted:

It's like when some retard kills a Sheikh and people go "He wasn't even a Muslim!" as if that would have been better

It's just pointing out the extra level of stupidity on the part of the perpetrator when they can't even direct their hate crime at the people they hate. It's not separating "good ones" from "bad ones".

I hope.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

facialimpediment posted:

The weirdest thing is how schizophrenic the administraton acts on stuff. Like there's that Tillerson bullshit, but then Mnuchin just expanded the Russian sanctions due to Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/USTreasury/status/877173786151440384

https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/sm0114.aspx

Everyone just seems to be freelancing because Donnie's swiss cheese brain and management style can't handle a bureaucracy.
Oooh a lot of Russian PMCs on that list.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Hmm good point I forget how far away the range is on AA missiles.

They aren't that far are they? Like the big AA missile the tomcat had was a max range of 150 mi right and that was a really big one for combat jets I think.

You would think that with all the cameras in Syria someone would've gotten the kill though they probably wouldn't know to look up until it was too late.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Derek Dominoe posted:

It's just pointing out the extra level of stupidity on the part of the perpetrator when they can't even direct their hate crime at the people they hate. It's not separating "good ones" from "bad ones".

I hope.

It's inevitably followed with "and I've never known a Sikh to be a bad guy".

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

crazyivan45 posted:

The ABC news article on the shoot down implied it may have been a gun kill but haven't seen any evidence to back that up. Would be kinda awesome if true

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

They aren't that far are they? Like the big AA missile the tomcat had was a max range of 150 mi right and that was a really big one for combat jets I think.

You would think that with all the cameras in Syria someone would've gotten the kill though they probably wouldn't know to look up until it was too late.

AMRAAMs claim anywhere from 30nm to >97nm depending on model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

cowboy elvis posted:

Bad hombres, at least it wasn't a white Christian girl this time.

• Locked thread