Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
No surprise but I'll be pulling all those banners. Only one with dupes is #4 since I have Ramza USB and Alph SSB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Filling in what they do, for my own use since I don't have them all memorized. I''ll fill in the CMD1/2's later, this takes a while to do.

Beasteh posted:

fest banners are up my goons

Banner 1:

Rosa USB - Instant Cast (85) medica, HP Stock 2000, Magic Blink
Yuffie USB - Instant Cast Eight single Water/NE phys attacks (0,88 each), ATK and DEF -50% for 25 seconds, restores HP to all allies for 40% of the their maximum HP
Yuna USB - Restores HP (85), removes KO (40% HP), grants Haste and Last Stand
Kuja OSB - Magic Dark/NE 38,00 multiplier. Breaks damage cap, 44,00 multiplier if the user has any Doom
Raines BSB - Six single Magic Dark/Holy attacks (2,57 each), 3,31 mult. if the user has any Doom, min. 500, DEF and MAG +30% to all allies for 25 sec., grants Haste and B. M. to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Quistis BSB - Eight random Poison/NE Magic attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Poison and Burst Mode the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Garnet BSB2 - Causes Imperil Lightning 20% for 25 seconds, ATK and MAG +30% to all allies for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Firion BSB - Four group Holy/NE physical ranged attacks (1,46 each), grants Magical Blink 1 to all allies, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Y'shtola BSB - Restores HP (85), grants Stoneskin: 30%, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Kuja BSB - Eight random Dark/NE Magic attacks (2,20 each), causes Imperil Dark 20% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Cloud of Darkness SSB - Five group Dark/Holy Magic attacks (2,80 each), grants Attach Dark to the user
Garnet SSB (Divine Guardian) - Grants Haste and High Regen, RES +50% for 25 seconds

Banner 2:

Tifa USB - Ten single Earth/NE physical attacks (0,70 each), grants Haste, Radiant Shield: 100% (Returns all the damage taken to the attacker) and High Regen to all allies
Eiko USB - Instant Cast Restores HP (85), grants Last Stand and Haste
Noctis USB - Ten single physical attacks (0,74 each), grants EX: Royal Power (ATK +30%, increases Non-Elemental damage dealt by 10%, removed if the user doesn't have any Stoneskin) and Stoneskin: 100% to the user
Cloud OSB - 12,00 Wind/NE, Breaks damage cap
Maria BSB - Eight single Earth/NE magic attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Earth and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Refia BSB - Eight single Fire/NE physical attacks (0,78 each), grants Haste, Dance of Carnage (Critical chance =50%), Attach Fire and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Vivi BSB - Four group Fire/NE Magic attacks (2,98 each), grants Haste, Attach Fire and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Tifa BSB - Eight single Earth physical attacks (0,83 each), grants Haste, Attach Earth and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Onion Knight BSB - Grants Haste, ATK and MAG +30% for 25 seconds, grants Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Prishe BSB - Eight single physical attacks (0,93 each), grants Haste, Quick Monk Abilities 5 and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Onion Knight SSB (Blowback) - Five group NE Magic attacks (2,84 each), restores HP to all allies for 40% of their maximum HP
Celes SSB - Five single attacks (1,58 each), grants Grand Cross (Taunts single-target BLK and WHT attacks, absorbs BLK and WHT attacks to restore 1 consumed ability use) to the user for 25 seconds

Banner 3:

Shantotto CSB - Eleven single Lightning Magic attacks (1,63 each), Lightning Chain +20%, grants Quick Cast 2 to all allies
Lightning USB - Ten single Lightning/NE physical attacks (0,71 each), grants Attach Lightning, EX: Blinding (ATK +30%, grants High Quick Cast 1 after using a Lightning attack) and High Quick Cast 1 to the user
TGCid OSB - 15,00 Holy/Lightning physical attack, Breaks damage cap, grants Thunder God's Might (Cast speed x3,00 for 25 sec) to the user. (long cast time)
Ashe OSB - 40,00 Lightning/NE magic attack, Breaks damage cap
Lightning BSB2 - Eight random Lightning/NE physical attacks (0,98 each), causes Imperil Lightning 20% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Shantotto BSB - Six group Lightning/Fire/Ice magic attacks (1,94 each), grants Haste, Attach Lightning and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Raijin BSB - Eight single Lightning/NE physical attacks (0,83 each), grants Haste, Attach Lightning and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Ashe BSB - Eight single Lightning/NE magic attacks (2,20 each), grants Haste, Attach Lightning and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Rapha BSB - Eight random Lightning/NE magic attacks (2,10 each), MAG and RES +30% to all allies for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
TGCid BSB - Ten random Holy/Dark physical attacks (1,00 each), causes Instant KO (100%), grants Haste, Intervention (ATK +30%, DEF +50%) and Burst Mode to the user (long cast time)
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Raijin SSB - Grants Instant Cast 1, Last Stand and High Regen
TGCid SSB - Instant cast Six group Holy/Lightning physical attacks (0,84 each), grants Instant Cast 2 to the user

Banner 4:

Terra USB - Ten single Fire/NE magic attacks (1,70 each), grants Attach Fire to the user, grants EX: Magitek Warrior (MAG +30%, cast speed x2,00) to the user for 25 seconds
Pecil USB - Ten single Holy/NE physical attacks (0,71 each), grants EX: Paladin (DEF +100%), HP Stock (6000) and Attach Holy to the user
Greg USB - Ten single physical attacks (0,72 each), grants EX: Legendary Swordsman (ATK +30%), High Retaliate (Can't be hit by PHY attacks, counters PHY attacks with an ability (single, 1,20 physical)) and Dance of Carnage (Critical chance =50%) to the user
Ramza USB - ATK, DEF and MAG +30% for 25 seconds, grants Instant Cast 1
Pecil BSB - Five group ranged Holy physical attacks (1,02 each), grants Haste, Attach Holy and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Vaan BSB - Instant cast Five single ranged physical attacks (1,52 each), DEF and MAG -40% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Alph BSB - Eight single Wind/NE magic attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Wind and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Fujin BSB - Instant cast Five group Wind/NE magic attacks (2,40 each), MAG and RES -40% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Zell BSB - Instant Cast Ten random attacks (0,74 each), causes Stun (7%), grants Critical 50% to all allies for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Relm BSB - Three group Holy/NE magic attacks (3,13 each), restores HP (55) to all allies, grants Last Stand to all allies, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Ramza SSB (Chant) - Grants Stoneskin: 30% and Critical Damage +50%
Alph SSB - ATK and MAG +30% for 25 seconds, grants Radiant Shield: 100%

Banner 5:

Warrior of Light CSB - Ten single Holy/NE physical attacks (0,71 each), grants EX: Light Bless (DEF +100%, Knight abilities deal 5% more damage for each Knight ability used, up to +30%) and Attach Holy to the user
Vanille USB - Grants Astra (Status Blink), Protect, Shell and HP Stock (2000)
Tyro OSB (lol) - Single physical 9,00 attack, Breaks damage cap, ATK, DEF, MAG and RES +15% to all allies for 25 seconds
Agrias OSB - Single Holy/NE physical attack 11,25, Breaks damage cap, 12,75 multiplier if exploiting elemental weakness
Curilla BSB - Six group Holy/NE physical attacks (0,96 each), grants Intervention (ATK +30%, DEF +50%) to all allies for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Aerith BSB - Five group Holy Magic attacks (1,90 each), restores HP (85) to all allies, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Agrias BSB - Four group ranged Holy physical attacks (1,47 each), causes Imperil Holy 20% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Minfilia BSB - Eight single Holy/NE physical attacks (0,81 each), grants Haste, Attach Holy and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Vanille BSB - Instant Cast Restores HP (85), MND +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Zack BSB - Eight random ranged Wind/Earth physical attacks (0,96 each), causes Imperil Wind 20% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user
- CMD 1
- CMD 2
Curilla SSB - Six single Holy/NE attacks (1,25 each), restores HP to all allies for 40% of their maximum HP, removes negative effects to all allies
Tyro SB (Wall) - DEF and RES +200% for 25 seconds

edit my scores:

bilperkins2 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 21, 2017

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Uncle Ulty posted:

I found during the last Fest that I could best establish my chances of pulling something good on the banners by calculating a Banner Score for each.

Each item gets assigned a score based on how useful it would be to you:
3 points if it's a game-changing relic that you'd really want to chase
2 points if you'd like to have it to flesh out a specialized team, but wouldn't be earth-shattering
1 point if you don't really care about the item at all (the stat boost or possibly a CM would be the best part of getting this)
-1, -2, or -3 points if you've already pulled 1, 2, or 3+ copies of this relic in the past

So every item would get a score between 3 and -3. At 12 Relics per banner, a top score would be 36 points, and the lowest score possible is -36. So unless you're chasing a specific relic (well established as Not A Good Idea), pull on the banner with the highest score. Remember to recalculate after each pull!

This plan served me very well during the last fest, and it was the most lucrative Fest I've had since I started playing.

So far, it's been a great method to evaluate the banners:

Not counting what the Imperil and the Burst Luckies could throw my way, my scores are going for:

12 in Banner 1 (Great Healing USBs, but I have the two Big Bursts [Y'shtola & Raines'] and DG as dupes and there rest is just alright),
17 in Banner 2 (Despite having Maria and Tifa's Burst as dupes and the 6*s being on the "just decent" category, it has a great selection for Burst and below stuff with a chance for Runic)
21 in Banner 3 (I have a hole in the shape of a Lightning Burst that can't be filled with just Reno's and my one dupe is THE Thunder God, but...)
24 in Banner 4 (The JS for IX taught me I can not longer live without a Wind Burst and the ones that aren't of that element are either amazing or Pecil's, and the rest of the banner are intersting on their own with the one dupe being open to be turned into an 8*.)
10 in Banner 5 (I used to be a SG-magnet, then became one for Healer Bursts. The rest are okay but not special aside of the Holy Chain and it brought the wrong 6* for Tyro.)

Now I wonder if I should skip the chance for either a 6*, Rosa's or Larsa's Burst in the Dupe Minefield that's the Curaga Lucky in order to gather mythril for an additional pull on Banner 3 or I just focus in all Luckies and Banner 4...

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 20, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

You have Noctis's USB listed; that doesn't come until the actual for real FF15 event. The relic on banner 2 is his OSB.

Anyway, my analysis of the new 6 star relics:

Rosa USB is God(dess) Mode Activate. It's utterly ridiculous how good it is. It recurs on an extremely good event banner, though (with Edge USB).
Yuffie USB is a great toolbox USB on a good character.
Kuja OSB is one of the stronger mage OSBs thanks to the 10% over standard damage bonus for just having Doom status.
Tifa USB is decent utility but not amazing.
Noctis OSB is only good if you pull his USB later.
Terra's USB is amazing; don't underestimate how good 25 seconds of Quick Cast Everything is, plus it's an Attach Fire relic.
Cecil's USB is very specialized, but it's better than his BSB1 for single target damage and makes him nearly impossible to kill.
Greg's USB is an astoundingly good stat stick and an astoundingly bad SB.
WoL CSB is a little weaker than most other Chains since the bonus is entirely defensive (30% HP bubble) rather than Quick Cast or Wallbreak or Extra Hits like the others. It's still a chain, and it's a Raines-applicable chain at that, so it's very good.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

1: 13 (Raines/Ysh BSBs are highlights, Kuja stuff interesting, 3 dupes)
2: 7 (Maria and OK BSBs are highlights, 4 dupes, other stuff not interesting)
3: 10 (TGC OSB and Lightning USB/BSB2 are neat, other stuff meh, 4 dupes)
4: 14 (USBs all seem cool, good BSBs (need a VI healer BSB), 4 dupes including alph and zell bsbs)
5: 12 (Vanilla USB/BSB are cool, two healer BSBs on one banner is nice, overall banner is mediocre)

Banner 4 is the only one I'm inclined to go for, because all the USBs are pretty solid, Vaan BSB would be great, and even Pecil BSB would help my pathetic IV phys synergy. About the only real duds would be alpha BSB or Ramza SSB, since books suck and I'm overflowing with FFT armor already.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Beasteh posted:

Banner 1: -3 (Rosa, Yuffie and Garnet's BSB2 are all I'd want)
Banner 2: -13
Banner 3: -9
Banner 4: 5
Banner 5: -2

Pretty damning. There's a onesie or twosie here and there I'd like to pull, notably Shantotto's Chain Break, but 4 looks like the only banner I should be rolling on and I should be getting ready for disappointment.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Banner 1: 12 points . I'd love to get Quistis' BSB and Raines BSB needs no introduction. Rosa's USB seems neat. Everything else would be fine for stat sticks/realm synergy. I already have Y'shtola's BSB and 2 of Garnet's SSB. I'd probably draw 11/11 Wizard Rods knowing my luck. Rage Dollar Pull would get another one.

Banner 2: 10 points. It's hard to resist the allure of OK's BSB. Maria's BSB would be cool to have too. I have a 6*++ Ragnarok, though, and I already have Refia's BSB/OK's SSB/Celes SSB

Banner 3: 10 points. Cid's OSB is the best, and getting Ashe's BSB on top of the 6*+ Durandal I already have would make her rip and tear lightning weak bosses to shreds. Everything else seems mediocre, and I already have Cid's BSB and Lightning's USB.

Banner 4: 8 points. Not as enthused about this banner as the first three. Fujin and Zell have neat BSBs. I already have Relm's BSB and Chant, though.

Banner 5: 6 points. I already have Sentinel's Grimoire and Transcendent Dream. To me, those are the big prizes on this banner. There are a couple of decent BSBs I wouldn't mind having but overall I can afford to skip this one.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I said it before and I'll say it again, this fest is basically the swansong of the current meta's era of the game (which had been going since maybe the fall). The power's about to creep up a lot with the EX modes that are coming. Most veterans of the game probably have a ton of dupes so it's basically best for newbies to catch up. Future banner power creep fallacy aside, the 30th anniversary banners, which will probably change a bit, are probably what everyone really should be saving for (if you're into that kind of hoarding) as it really collects most of the top USBs together.

That said,
Banner 1 14
Banner 2 17
Banner 3 23
Banner 4 14
Banner 5 17

The upcoming IV banner for Edge didn't feature on the 30th fest in Japan, so it's probably worth pulling for, as it's absolutely one of the strongest banners yet. Good luck everyone.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 20, 2017

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Banner 1: 4
I would have pulled on this on the strength of Rosa's USB (+3 for that normally), but I knocked it down a couple points because of its upcoming recurrence. In fact, this is my lowest scoring banner and I'm definitely not pulling on it. Too many dupes and things I don't want in spite of the lure of the claws.

Banner 2: 13
Second best banner for me. I have an earth-imperil in hand already, so either Maria or Tifa's BSBs would be big gets. Vivi's BSB would be a welcome fire team addition and comes with a +fire staff on top of it. In spite of already having Shura Gloves dupe, it's a +fire gauntlet and I actually had to score that a 0 because it's a dupe that would actually be good to have. Oh, and Onion's BSB is on here as well. Definite pull.

Banner 3: 15
Only two dupes on the whole banner, both of Shantotto's things. Lightning's USB is the only +3 on here, but everything else is so damned solid and good, and I still need to build me a good lightning elemental team. Absolutely gonna pull.

Banner 4: 6
At first glance, I thought this would be the banner I'd be foaming at the mouth over. The good stuff is really damned good. This is a chance for me to finally get an en-Fire for Terra. Fujin's BSB comes back for another go. I have a glaring hole in VI in that I have no medica there (and this one comes with a Last Stand!). The problem here though is they get dragged down by dupe city further down the banner. I have a -2 on both Alphi's book and robes, and a -3 on Ramza's gloves. I'm probably going to budget a single YOLO pull here assuming the calculus here doesn't change due to the other banners.

Banner 5: 5
I didn't have a strong feeling about this banner when I saw it the first time, and I still don't after analysis. Tyro's poo poo really drags it down since I already have SG, I have an 8* Mistilteinn to further drag down the score, and Curilla alone can't carry this banner. Only 1 point separates this and Banner 4, but it seems to be the cut point between pull/no pull for me.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Bleh, these banners are doing nothing for me. Probably throw a pull or two at 4 since I really want Vaan's BSB and Terra's USB, but that's it. I've only got 150 mythril anyway, and I know I'm going to use 50 on the imperil and BSB lucky draws, so I guess that works.

If my first pull on 4 is good I'll probably just save the rest for whatever busted event banner is coming up next.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i have no dupes whatsoever on 1 so that is my biggest target

everything else is a bit trappy for me

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's kinda weird that I'm looking to dodge Conductor and Healer's Circlet. My healer game is so strong that they'd really only be there for CMs. Rosa's USB gets a pass just because it's that strong (it's a tossup between it and Eiko's for JS battles). Everything else bar CoD's cloak is solid. Kuja's OSB is fine since I already have two other relics for him. Yuffie is a good workhorse USB even if it's not the strongest, and Yuffie can 4* Dance so she'll never be useless.

I don't even have a huge need for Raines' claws at this point. It'd be great synergy value, but Garnet can already cover the MAG/DEF buff, so it'd be a nice sidegrade/alternative to Vivi BSB2 (it's a DPS boost because of command 1, but the main prize is arguably the Holy/Dark commands).

Honestly though, nearly anything except CoD/11 or dupe/11 I'd be happy with. Looking to dodge Sun Blade as well, but it'll still fill a hole in my synergy even if I'm not super fond of the character.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's kinda weird that I'm looking to dodge Conductor and Healer's Circlet. My healer game is so strong that they'd really only be there for CMs. Rosa's USB gets a pass just because it's that strong (it's a tossup between it and Eiko's for JS battles). Everything else bar CoD's cloak is solid. Kuja's OSB is fine since I already have two other relics for him. Yuffie is a good workhorse USB even if it's not the strongest, and Yuffie can 4* Dance so she'll never be useless.

I don't even have a huge need for Raines' claws at this point. It'd be great synergy value, but Garnet can already cover the MAG/DEF buff, so it'd be a nice sidegrade/alternative to Vivi BSB2 (it's a DPS boost because of command 1, but the main prize is arguably the Holy/Dark commands).

Honestly though, nearly anything except CoD/11 or dupe/11 I'd be happy with. Looking to dodge Sun Blade as well, but it'll still fill a hole in my synergy even if I'm not super fond of the character.

Dodging top, non-dupe relics on banners? Maybe you shouldn't pull on any of these banners... Is there anything you actually want, and not just settle for?

I'm probably only going to pull on 3, maybe once, but mostly because it has a few top tier relics that would fill big gaps for me. Every other banner has a bunch of dupes or middling relics that won't do much.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm way too excited for the new lucky pulls. Been patiently sitting on 150+ Mythril but man do I need a couple more BSBs or something. Got my main team capped at 80 for now waiting on my next batch of relics to dictate what direction to take my main team.

So hype. :woop:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wait are the banners lucky pulls? i thought they were just straight up regular banners

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
have 333 mythril to burn. im sure theres better stockpiles than this around here though

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Uncle Ulty posted:

I found during the last Fest that I could best establish my chances of pulling something good on the banners by calculating a Banner Score for each.

Each item gets assigned a score based on how useful it would be to you:
3 points if it's a game-changing relic that you'd really want to chase
2 points if you'd like to have it to flesh out a specialized team, but wouldn't be earth-shattering
1 point if you don't really care about the item at all (the stat boost or possibly a CM would be the best part of getting this)
-1, -2, or -3 points if you've already pulled 1, 2, or 3+ copies of this relic in the past

So every item would get a score between 3 and -3. At 12 Relics per banner, a top score would be 36 points, and the lowest score possible is -36. So unless you're chasing a specific relic (well established as Not A Good Idea), pull on the banner with the highest score. Remember to recalculate after each pull!

This plan served me very well during the last fest, and it was the most lucrative Fest I've had since I started playing.

This gives me a 23 for banner 3. So yeah, I guess it's a good thing I've been picking up extra work lately.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Getting close to 300 myself and I might throw a single pull at 1 to continue my fever dream of trying to have OK's BSB but I'm still saving for the Cloudpocalypse. Will probably hit up all of the lucky banners though because there's like what, six? Lot of potential goodies in there.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

iamsosmrt posted:

Dodging top, non-dupe relics on banners? Maybe you shouldn't pull on any of these banners... Is there anything you actually want, and not just settle for?

I'm probably only going to pull on 3, maybe once, but mostly because it has a few top tier relics that would fill big gaps for me. Every other banner has a bunch of dupes or middling relics that won't do much.

Rosa's USB is amazing, Yuffie USB is a nice versatile option (and I lack any Water SBs so she'd be good for Liquid Flame). Kuja OSB is a solid option (especially on JS where you can chain it back-to-back). Garnet SSB would be nice just to complete the character.

Not that Conductor and Healer's Circlet are bad at all; I wouldn't complain too much about getting them. But I've got five healer BSBs and two USBs at this point, and two of those BSBs are Relm and Eiko.

In comparison to VI 1 (which is another I've got my eye on), Mog BSB would arguably trump most of the stuff in banner 1. But the duds on FFVI 1 are also generally worse.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 20, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Cowcaster posted:

wait are the banners lucky pulls? i thought they were just straight up regular banners

There are supposed to be 3 more lucky draws in addition to the fest banners, I believe: Imperil, BSB only, and Curaga (?) Medica, I think? And maybe also the Man of the Hour thing unless they just deleted that completely for some reason.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Cowcaster posted:

They're regular banners. Apparently we're gonna get three lucky draw banners too along with the five fest banners

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
it may be worth noting that if you have trouble connecting to MP fights and everything otherwise feels sluggish in loading then you should clear the app cache (android user)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

iamsosmrt posted:

Is there anything you actually want, and not just settle for?

Sentinel's Grimoire, Agrias OSB, and WoL CSB. They're on a banner that I already have 4 dupes on (including a goddamn 8* Wizer Rod and a 6* Excalibur T) and nothing else on the banner justifies the risk. :sigh:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

Sentinel's Grimoire, Agrias OSB, and WoL CSB. They're on a banner that I already have 4 dupes on (including a goddamn 8* Wizer Rod and a 6* Excalibur T) and nothing else on the banner justifies the risk. :sigh:

Well if you want Wall and don't want to go back to those terrible KC banners, it's this or Garlond 1, which, while not completely terrible, has some stinkers of top prizes.

(If I pull Wizard Rod, I'm almost tempted to pull on KC1 just to get the Asura Rod. Almost.)

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

All of those banners are terrible for me, but I am honestly glad to be able to skip them. I will do luckies and save for better event banners. I have my eye on the first X banner coming up, in particular.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Oryp posted:

All of those banners are terrible for me, but I am honestly glad to be able to skip them. I will do luckies and save for better event banners. I have my eye on the first X banner coming up, in particular.

Ditto, none of them being great for me just means I can stick to my schedule and hit Awakening Cloud and Dra Al Bhed.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I'll be pulling on 1 and 5, looks like. 1 because nothing is a dupe and the stuff on it is generally pretty great, and 5 because of few dupes and Wall.

Anyone know when the luckies are supposed to start?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

HPanda posted:

I'll be pulling on 1 and 5, looks like. 1 because nothing is a dupe and the stuff on it is generally pretty great, and 5 because of few dupes and Wall.

Anyone know when the luckies are supposed to start?

Imperil tomorrow, the Curaga the next day and the the BSB+ on Friday.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I finished the Mote Dungeons today! Have some kill shots! (forgot to take a picture of magus sisters but they were easy as poo poo)

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'll try to level up some X characters to clear the Magus sisters CM ASAP.

If I can come out of this fest with one good BSB faithga, I'll be happy.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

As someone who's been playing for about 11 days and has 83-odd mythril, is my best bet for the next few weeks to hit up the 25mythril lucky banners just to grab as many relics as possible or is there something so amazingly devastating in those fest banners that I don't realize?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Eight-Six posted:

As someone who's been playing for about 11 days and has 83-odd mythril, is my best bet for the next few weeks to hit up the 25mythril lucky banners just to grab as many relics as possible or is there something so amazingly devastating in those fest banners that I don't realize?

Hit the lucky draws.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Eight-Six posted:

I would pull on each of the luckies, and then I would pull on fest banners as you are able to do so. If it wasn't for all the dupes I would be all over banner 1 in particular, but all of them have some great gear.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Quistis OSB not being on banner 1 makes me feel better about having 4 dupes, and also worse because I may never get a decent chance to pull for it again.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Whoa, I just noticed banner 4 has Zell's BSB for party crit chance +50% and Ramza's SSB for party crit damage +50% :eyepop:

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
When I started playing like one day prior to the last fest I had no idea what the hell was going on and didn't really do a lot of it.

Now I can safely say that a fest is a spectacle of great proportions. Look at that orb, XP and gil rain, wow.

Time to reforge some 4*s and be poor again hell yeah

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
I'm noticing a lack of Squall BSB2. I was hoping for another shot at it on a good banner....

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
It recurs on the next FFVIII event if Global follows JP:

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/event-123/

Global is at event 117 now so two months or so unless something strange happens again.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

When I started playing like one day prior to the last fest I had no idea what the hell was going on and didn't really do a lot of it.

Now I can safely say that a fest is a spectacle of great proportions. Look at that orb, XP and gil rain, wow.

Same. I started a few days into the Anniversary fest and didn't really understand it or have any of the resources to take advantage of it, but now I'm in the fan club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Heaven Spacey posted:

Whoa, I just noticed banner 4 has Zell's BSB for party crit chance +50% and Ramza's SSB for party crit damage +50% :eyepop:

I have both and I don't think I've ever really used it in a situation where it would have mattered. Usually if you're critting thanks to Zell, you're hitting 9999s anyway.

Cloud USB is where Ramza's Chant is gonna start making a difference. I have Chant and Delita's BSB (which ALSO increases crit damage as a separate buff) and interested to see if it'll make Delita fun when using Cloud USB as RW.

• Locked thread