Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Omg ainge is going to get Zing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
This has been a hot 5 day period. NBA offseason, where amazing happens! KP and Melo for Kyrie or Love and salary and an unprotected '21 first.

e; KP is the asset Phil has to attach to Melo to move him, lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

tanglewood1420 posted:

So outside the Brooklyn Nets disaster zone, Orlando is the worst situation in the league by far right?

Elfrid Payton - maybe the 25th best pg in the league
Evan Fournier - archetypal good stats, bad team scorer
Terrence Ross - athletic 3&D, without the D (and only kinda the 3)
Aaron Gordon - dunks
Nikola Vucevic - could be a top-15 center... if it was 1994

Bismack Biyombo - the homeless man's Dikembe Mutombo ($51m for three more years)
DJ Augustin - an NBA player making $7m
Mario Hezonja - last seen on the side of a milk carton
CJ Watson - they sure have a lot of replacement level point guards don't they?
and a bunch of filler

They don't even have much cap room (about $12m if they renounce everyone), because Fournier, Vucevic and Biyombo are all on fat contracts. This is the last year Gordon and Payton are on their rookie deals too, so they will need to decide about them next summer and keeping both of them would eat almost all their cap flexibility in the 2018 off-season.

They badly need to hit on the 6th pick in this draft otherwise they have no-one worth mentioning at all and no room to sign anyone impactful this summer, and likely next summer too. Even if they take the blow it up route, what are they going to get? Fournier could be 4th/5th starter on a playoff team but his deal is $17m a year until 2021 so no-one is going to give up much of anything for him.
Seriously appreciate this post cuz I constantly forget the Orlando magic even exist.

Much love to pau, didn't see this coming. Really adds a lot more cap flexibility, feels like maybe he's finally gotten over himself and found a place he could retire. Dig the new ego free 3 point jacking Pau Gasol, only the Spurs could've pulled this off.
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877167318060683264
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877168320809758721

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

Omg ainge is going to get Zing

We are approaching a craziness singularity
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877180741230243840

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

NBA should force Gilbert to sell the team to LeBron imo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycgg937w

Monta can have it all in New York.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i just hope we get some actual craziness, gonna be real boring if there's a flurry of talks but minimal trades

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If San Antonio can sign pau for like 10 per and trade Parker they have a max slot

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
What the hell are the Knicks even hoping for.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Fake fake fake! *stomps around in a circle with a red face* Phil is going to trade kp to move up in the draft, trade melo with willy to get love, and then re-sign derrick rose for 80m/4 years

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

3 plus another late first seems fair for Zing

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Spring Break My Heart posted:

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877182755787943936

Obviously

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/sportando/status/877178097812033538

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Much love to pau, didn't see this coming. Really adds a lot more cap flexibility, feels like maybe he's finally gotten over himself and found a place he could retire. Dig the new ego free 3 point jacking Pau Gasol, only the Spurs could've pulled this off.
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877167318060683264
https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/877168320809758721

:eyepop: holy poo poo this rules. come back for the next two or three years for 10M/yr please Pau

euphronius posted:

If San Antonio can sign pau for like 10 per and trade Parker they have a max slot

spurs aren't trading parker

AggressivelyStupid posted:

:agreed:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Didn't MJ have to sell his portion of the Wizards to come out of retirement? Doubt Lebron even wants this shitshow after he retires unless he stays through 2020 when the books are clear and then retires. Once he retires the team will be dirt cheap, he could probably pay cash, or get Nike to give him an advance on his billion dollar contract.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
My body is very ready for the Knicks to trade away KP and re-sign Derrick Rose to a max contract so that I never have to worry about being a Knicks fan ever again. Thank you Phil Jackson for freeing me from this hellscape

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
What did the Knicks do to get cursed this bad, there's no way they deserve the last decade+

It's loving with oak isn't it

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Sorry bud but you're stuck in this hellscape with the rest of us and with no knicks gossip to distract you you'll have nothing to do with the subway wifi and have to stare at the platform rats while waiting for the delayed trains

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

We are the New York Knicks

:smith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

RCarr posted:

We are the New York Knicks

:smith:

Sup bad organization buddy :smith::hf::smith:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how's it goink

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Horford/Zing/Hayward/Avery/IT

Build this now, wait for the Cavaliers to completely self-destruct in a wash of Marky Mark drama. This is your new plan Danny.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I'm just happy that Kristaps will have a chance at a real successful career on a competent organization. My large Latvian nephew deserves better than the Knicks.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

send zing to the spurs phil

he's european, he's destined to be a spur

Beller
Apr 9, 2009

Lonzo to the Knicks

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Come on, Kyrie. Push for them to trade you for PG. Play for Indiana. It's right between Chicago and Cleveland, so it makes perfect sense!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Don't do it, atleast keep porzingis in the east so I can watch him play every now and then :qq::qq::qq::qq:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Codependent Poster posted:

Come on, Kyrie. Push for them to trade you for PG. Play for Indiana. It's right between Chicago and Cleveland, so it makes perfect sense!

Dude, I'm telling you. My three team trade that I posted above would be awesome!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Trade Tony Parker (I think New York wanted him like...eight years ago...) and some picks and some random crap with "plays the triangle" scrawled on it in sharpie
Get Zing, sign CP3, make the Internet angry make the dreams of the puro pinche spurs squad come true

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

7 for King Zing imo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The best move is Phil having to trade Zing to salary dump Noah as part of the trade

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

7 for King Zing imo

Would you do 7 plus Rubio ? Or 7 plus Levine?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Give all of the picks we have for Zingis I don't fuckin care. Get that goofy boy in town

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

AINGE TRADE THE BROOKLYN PICK AND THE LAKERS 2018 FOR ZINGER!!!!!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

I'm not sure why the Knicks would want Thad Levine from the Twins (though he would probably make their front office better by default) but no I would not do 7+Rubio for the Zinger, unless maybe we already had a very good PG lined up to sign in FA.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

I love Rubio and would do it in a heartbeat. I'd also do LaVine because I'd like Wiggins to be at the 2 and a 3&D SF would be a better fit.

I'd probably do 7 + Rubio + LaVine and you can dump Noah back on us. KAT/Zing/Wiggins is a helluva big 3.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I would start going to so many celtics games if they had Zinger.

Isiah
Bradly
Gordon
Zinger
Horford

Crowder
Zeller
Brown
Smart
~-3rd Overall Pick~-

That's a fun-rear end team.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

euphronius posted:

Would you do 7 plus Rubio ?

Wolves are still not allowed to trade Rubio not ever even though apparently the Mavs are looking at getting him I read somewhere recently I dunno

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

I love Rubio and would do it in a heartbeat. I'd also do LaVine because I'd like Wiggins to be at the 2 and a 3&D SF would be a better fit.

I'd probably do 7 + Rubio + LaVine and you can dump Noah back on us. KAT/Zing/Wiggins is a helluva big 3.

Yeah agree

Knicks could get dsj at 7 probably

Win win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

I'm gonna barf!

• Locked thread