Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Welp. There goes half of all my cash. :eek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Ouch!

My fighter was a loser. You're all losers!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
It's literally the very busiest time of year at work and I'm training for a 5k obstacle course next weekend, here in Arizona.

I'll be back early July, if I don't carve out time to run fights between here and there.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, everyone is busy now it seems. Some people have work pick up, some have training, and sometimes purple raided your defenseless village so you are going all murdery on them.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren: Round 4, Fight 2 :siren:

Strength++ is on the left side of the arena.
Big Guy (Tiler Kiwi) is a male yeti. He wields a bronze two-handed sword and wears an iron helm and an iron breast plate.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (Added Space) is a male dwarf. He wields a steel great axe and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Landsknechtaur (my dad) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper spear and a copper pike and wears a steel cap, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

The Regular Crowd is on the right side of the arena.
J. Corbzy (Frozen_Flame) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields a platinum whip and wears a steel helm and steel gauntlets.
2 Dark Gnomes in a StranglMech (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields an iron scourge and a wooden shield and wears no armor.
Another one of Heygal's Guys (Splode) is a male human. He wields a steel pike and wears no armor.

Strength++ is a 13.38 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 17396.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1300.00 dwarfbucks for The Regular Crowd.

I have never wanted the underdogs to win more than I do right now. I stand to make 6500 or so dwarfbux.

Lets get it on.

Whammo, bam, clash! Cheap Chopper lands his first strike and one of StranglMechs arms goes flying.

Heygals Guy takes advantage of the wide open dwarf and thrusts a steel pike deep into Cheap Choppers chest which punctures a lung.

And now the log shows a bunch of stuff but no one moves for a bit. Cheap Chopper loses some teeth to J Corbzy's whip. Landsknechtaur sends Heygals Guy to the floor with a well placed spear to the foot. Stranglmech's scourge is denied by armor, but Cheap Chopper's knee gives out to the force of the blow and he joins Heygals on the floor.

J Corbzy is on a roll! A lash from the other hand's whip shatters Big Guy's hip and down goes the yeti. A follow up whip breaks his thigh, but Landsknechtaur is busy stabbing Heygals Guy so it's a race to see who will die first in my expert opinion.

Stranglmech made the error of drawing Landscnechtaurs ire. The minotaur bowls him over with a charge, shatters his leg, and stabs him right through the heart in rapid succession. Cheap Chopper removes a foot from the prone strangler for good measure.

Big Guy is getting pulverized by J Corbzy while Heygals Guy is horribly injured but still managing to beat up on Cheap Chopper.

Heygals has a spear in her (him?), and Landskechtaur is busy kicking one of J Corbzy's feet to paste, but the human gets the final bite in on Cheap Chopper as he bleeds out.

Things aren't going well for Heygals Guy. But he's still in better shape than Big Guy who is continuously getting lashed by J Corbzy.

Landsknechtaur gets a second kill around the same time Big Guy gets enraged (and still immobile and heavily injured).

J Corbzy's attention is on the downed yeti and fails to see Landscnecthaurs spear before it enters her thorax.

Strength++ lives up to its betting hype with a 3-1 victory.

Kills:
Landsknechtaur: 3

Heygals Guy: 1

Combat Log

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
was getting lashed to pieces part of your plan?

*incoherent howling*

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:Update your poo poo, whoever has points.:siren:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Trolling?

Trolling.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Ah well, the Stranglmech died doing what it loved:

quote:

StranglMech_REG scratches Cheap Chopper_++ in the right eye, tearing it!
The force pulls the head, bruising the skin!
StranglMech_REG lashes Cheap Chopper_++ in the left lower leg with his iron scourge, but the attack is deflected by Cheap Chopper_++'s small iron greaves!
The force bends the left knee, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone and tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!
A ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
Cheap Chopper_++ falls over.
StranglMech_REG strikes Cheap Chopper_++ in the third finger, left hand with his oaken shield, but the attack is deflected by Cheap Chopper_++'s small iron left gauntlet!
The force twists the left hand, tearing apart the skin and tearing apart the left wrist's muscle!
StranglMech_REG lashes Cheap Chopper_++ in the left hand with his iron scourge, bruising the fat through the small iron left gauntlet!
The force twists the left wrist, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone and tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!
A ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!

Horrible, horrible things.

He fell victim to the same problem as last time he died:

quote:

Landsknechtaur_++ bashes StranglMech_REG in the right eyelid with the shaft of his copper spear, but the attack glances away!
The force bends the head, tearing apart the fat and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!
A tendon in the upper spine has been torn!

Get hit in the head, become a quadriplegic. Same fate befell Heygal's Guy:

quote:

Landsknechtaur_++ stabs Heygals Guy_REG in the head with his copper spear, tearing the muscle, fracturing the skull!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
Heygals Guy_REG has been stunned!
The force pulls the neck, tearing apart the fat and bruising the upper spine's nervous tissue!
A tendon in the upper spine has been bruised!
Heygals Guy_REG loses hold of the steel pike.

Which means the following was all done by basically just a human head.

quote:

Heygals Guy_REG bites Cheap Chopper_++ in the head, but the attack is deflected by Cheap Chopper_++'s xsmall iron helmx!
Heygals Guy_REG latches on firmly!
Heygals Guy_REG shakes Cheap Chopper_++ around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!
An artery in the head has been opened by the attack!
Heygals Guy_REG shakes Cheap Chopper_++ around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Heygals Guy_REG bites Cheap Chopper_++ in the head, but the attack is deflected by Cheap Chopper_++'s xsmall iron helmx!
Heygals Guy_REG shakes Cheap Chopper_++ around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!
Heygals Guy_REG shakes Cheap Chopper_++ around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle and tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!

Cheap Chopper_++ has bled to death.

Heygals Guy_REG bites Big Guy_++ in the left foot, tearing the skin!

:stare:

All three of the Crowd bled out, having secured 4th place.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
The previous iteration of heygal's guy did better, so I think the buff to pikes isn't as substantial as the buff to trolls. Human glass cannon pikeman are still good though!

Please put pistols and windows in so that pistols can be shot out of windows as god intended.

Next tournament I'm going to give my fighter an authentic 30 years war name, spermy is going to hate me forever.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i forgot my pw for the arena site lol and goddamnit this isnt the right thread

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

verbal enema posted:

i forgot my pw for the arena site lol and goddamnit this isnt the right thread

Check PM and/or e-mail

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
All my team have spent points so you can probably unlock.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
APELIMINATOR

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ok fixed my pw ty jazzimus idk why i lost it its the pw for the forums BUT NOT ANYORE

so what like 2-3 more fights until i decide on keeping PETER GRIFFIN as a gremlin whip fiend or making Ha ha the Giant Chicken is Boba Fett as a Troll Fist FIghter

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i bet if i named PETER GRIFFIN gremlin STEWIE GRIFFIN that the Tiny Titans would be in the finals

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I already know my next fighter will be a Kobold based on testing, but the name decisions are between:

1. Austerity Cuts
2. drat Dirty Klurf
3. Rat Baby
4. Champion of Trog

Vote now! Or give your own suggestion and I'll pick it if it's funny.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
5. Tucker

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Maarak posted:

5. Tucker

Oh that is a pretty good one

If the entire team is Kobolds I'd make it the team name

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
:siren: Round 5, Fight 1 :siren:

4chan circa 2006 is on the left side of the arena.
Tao of Trolling (jon joe) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears a steel cap.
:troll: (Jazzimus Prime) is a male troll. He wields a steel pike and wears an iron helm, an iron breast plate, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
White Eye (Afriscipio) is a female troll. She wields an iron great axe and a wooden shield and wears a copper cap, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and leather low boots.

Strength++ is on the right side of the arena.
Big Guy (Tiler Kiwi) is a male yeti. He wields a bronze two-handed sword and wears an iron helm and an iron breast plate.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (Added Space) is a male dwarf. He wields two iron battleaxes and wears an iron helm, three iron mail shirts, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Landsknechtaur (my dad) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper spear and a copper pike and wears a steel cap, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

4chan circa 2006 is a 1.61 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 11121.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 6908.00 dwarfbucks for Strength++.

The trolls face off against another axedwarf and minotaur, but without the molemarian wildcard. Who will be able to recover for a rematch?

In the opening blow Landsknechtaur is knocked off his feet by a axe from White Eye.

Big Guy and Tao circle around each other inconclusively. In a sudden rush, :troll: and White Eye double team him and ravage an arm and a leg.

Cheap Chopper and :troll: square off. The dwarf manages to do some superficial damage, but armor stops either side from landing definitive hits. A pike to the foot knocks the dwarf of his feet, leaving every member of Strength++ prone.

Big Guy lands multiple shots to the guts of Tao, leaving him unconscious and covered in vomit. Landsknechtaur gets the kill seconds later.

Already looking faint, Big Guy tries his luck and loses his right leg, leaving him decidedly lop-sided and losing blood quickly. White Eye then chops off his other leg to balance him out. An attack to the left arm fails to lop it off, but is enough to knock away the Yeti's weapon.

A last desperate rage fueled attack fails and Big Guy bleeds out.

Cheap Chopper and :troll: have still failed to do serious damage, but a sprained knee sends :troll: into a rage. A pike to the arm sends one axe flying, but the other axe is enough to send that clattering away.

Landsknechtaur follows the same strategy moments later, leaving the remaining 4chan members disarmed against three weapons.

It's down to an endurance match. White Eye, poked full of spear holes, is the first to give to exhaustion. Landsknechtaur breaks her copper cap and skull in one neat blow.

Strength++ teams up on their last competitor, who wears down from his rage and passes out. The next blow takes his life.

:siren: Strength++ brings peace to the internet with a 3-1 victory! 4Chan circa 2006 finishes in 3rd place!

Kills:

Landsknechtaur – 3

White Eye – 1

Combat Log

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Hmmm, I wonder if we would have won this fight or the previous one had I chosen full iron armor over more dodging skill as a diversification of my defense.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
im glad i got the breastplate so every fight is big guy getting all his dumb limbs hacked off

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im glad i got the breastplate so every fight is big guy getting all his dumb limbs hacked off

It was a pro choice

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

It seems armor was a decider here.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I don't care either way but is this a true double elimination setup? IE- do the Kool-Aid Men need to be beaten twice in a row now?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ramc posted:

I don't care either way but is this a true double elimination setup? IE- do the Kool-Aid Men need to be beaten twice in a row now?

Yes, since the Kool-Aid Men haven't lost yet, Strength++ would need to defeat them twice to win the tournament.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Lets hear it for our new favorite commissioner, Added Space.

Yay for running fights when I'm completely sidetracked. I just bought Warband too, so :getin:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
yeah Added Space is the new Reliable Commissioner. It seems to be a highlander-esque position.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Splode posted:

yeah Added Space is the new Reliable Commissioner. It seems to be a highlander-esque position.

Hmm, a free-for-all between all the gladiators run by the various commishes could be an interesting side event. There can be only one indeed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I tried to balance out the betting pots a bit.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Nevermind

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
can we make an actual Hardcore league where its just bashes and brawls and the only "weapons" are idk ya know 'thngs'

glass windows, chairs, ladders, maybe idk can people jump off stuff and do high flyer moves yeah things like that, bats, steel bells, scattering tacks on the ground, being Mick Foley if you go into rage mode, if there are glass tubes then do away with the windows and just make sure all fighters have a glass tube on their person so if the drop or break they chair they can bash up the dude all cool style

barring that just being able to wield certain items as a weapon makes a buncha sense tbh

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
DF's is very modifiable, flavor wise, and you can go nuts with a lot of the insane granularity like making creatures out of eggshells that bleed yolk when broken with a thousand legs made of teeth, but mechanically, you can't really do anything too crazy or cool without like, scripting via DFHack. You could, say making a custom ladder object, and having an attack with a low chance of being used that gets described as leaping off onto the foe, but in "reality", itd still just be the dude smacking someone with a thing called a ladder. And if you dropped it in the ring, nobody would pick it up, because they're dumb. Ditto with breakable glass or changing how stuff like Enraged works. The AI and the mechanics around weapons and fighting is very much carved into stone as well, tho you can toy around with it indirectly.

You can do some stuff with Interactions\Syndromes, like like creating some syndrome called Hulkamania that a dude can apply to themselves to cause a temporary big buff to toughness and have them yell some RUNNING WILD BRUDDAH barks or whatever, and the AI can ~kind of~ use it (it gets incredibly hacky tho and tbh its a pretty limited in actuality in what you can accomplish mechanically finding out how limited it was killed my enthusiasm for modding DF quite a lot).

There's still other things you could do. A creature with blood that catches fire, a tiny creature that is denser than a white dwarf star, a creature that causes its allies to be immune to pain as long as it lives, a creature that shoots lasers from its eyes that make enemies attack anyone in their vicinity. No force on earth is going to get a fucker to pick up a chair, though. If you kind of twist your eyes a bit and ignore the actual mechanics, then yeah, you could like, have a body part on a creature that is called a "bottle" that is in their hand, that can "break" and spill booze everywhere. In reality its not a fun wrestler but some sick creature with an alcohol containing organ made of glass fused to their hand, but eh, details.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
a lot of those things sound better than my idea for a Hardcore League

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tiler Kiwi posted:

a tiny creature that is denser than a white dwarf star

I see what you did there.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

How about someone runs the last fight so I can finish kicking the competition's rear end

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Still locked. :shrug:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Added Space posted:

Still locked. :shrug:

Nuh uh

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
:siren: Round 6

Everybody has full iron armor. The dwarves have axes, Dig Dug has his pick, and Landsknechtaur has spears and is thus the only one able to land a tangible hit.

Match highlights -

The minotaurs both charge into the enemy team.

Cheap Chopper disarms Hoofvs and removes any hope the Kool-Aid Men had.

Strength++ uses their superior size to keep their enemies off balance.

Now I thought pikes could only de-limb small creatures. A pike has the quantum ability of being narrow enough to punch effortlessly through armor while being wide enough to sever limbs.

Big Guy gets in a decent blow. Hoofvs has already been disarmed and racked up a bunch of disabling joint injuries, so from this point on it's a race to murder town.

Strength++ wins 3-0!

Kills:

Landsnechtaur - 3

Combat Log

No points to spend.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jun 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer