Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Phil Jackson owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/877168481996767232

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/877182194040614912

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/877147990951174144

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Boosh! posted:

I'm gonna barf!

It's a fake rumor, tit for tat for that stuff about Porzingis thinking about not re-signing

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Knicks have a moral responsibility to trade Porzingis because a young basketball player should not have to deal with that kind of negativity

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
King: Bring The Zing To Cleveling

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This off-season is delivering

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
david lee opted out with the spurs. wouldn't be surprised to see him try to land in GS if he can't find a satisfying contract.

spurs may try to resign him at a slight pay raise, but have many other roster concerns to contend with.

pau opting out means the spurs can probably just afford the status quo (patty and simmons).

don't know how they're going to shore up their front court needs. maybe its time anderson took on full back up 4 responsibilities. probably bring over some tall euros.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
“It makes no sense why he shouldn’t get an extension,” James recently told ESPN. “He’s pulled every move — he’s tried to make every move happen — to better this team to be able to compete for a championship. So we wouldn’t be in this position, obviously, without him and without the guys that are here — from the coaching staff to the players to Griff. He’s been a big piece of it.”

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

“It makes no sense why he shouldn’t get an extension,” James recently told ESPN. “He’s pulled every move — he’s tried to make every move happen — to better this team to be able to compete for a championship. So we wouldn’t be in this position, obviously, without him and without the guys that are here — from the coaching staff to the players to Griff. He’s been a big piece of it.”

Lebron's hate of Gilbert is spectacular.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

RaySmuckles posted:

don't know how they're going to shore up their front court needs. maybe its time anderson took on full back up 4 responsibilities. probably bring over some tall euros.

:getin:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Phil Jackson is awe inspiringly bad at his job

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Knicks fandom selling their souls to the devil right now and doing the unthinkable of praying to dolan so that he will step in and torpedo all this by firing phil

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Knicks fandom selling their souls to the devil right now and doing the unthinkable of praying to dolan so that he will step in and torpedo all this by firing phil

He would follow this up by bringing back Isiah

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
^^^^ efb

MourningView posted:

Phil Jackson is awe inspiringly bad at his job

Can't wait for Knicks fans to start begging for Isiah to come back.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

he's not a free agent so the spurs would have to trade for him right?

i'm just not seeing any major moves from the spurs this offseason, mostly just focusing on retention and shoring up the roster. its all about cap space in 2018 (when we chase lebron…jk…sorta)

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A thousand years of darkness or a thousand years of darkness, the difference is just who will be with you

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao that 1-2 post of MV and Dexo is timed just right and hilarious.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Okafor for Zinger

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Chairchucker posted:

Wolves are still not allowed to trade Rubio not ever even though apparently the Mavs are looking at getting him I read somewhere recently I dunno

Other than the collective will of people who actually watch Timberwolves games, there is nothing stopping the Wolves from trading Rubio.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

If the Warriors wanted to piss off the rest of the league:

Kristaps Porzingis+Courtney Lee

for

Klay Thompson+Kevin Looney+2019 1st

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Good job cavs owner dude

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Okafor for Zinger

My original draft day headcannon deal

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

If the Warriors wanted to piss off the rest of the league:

Kristaps Porzingis+Courtney Lee

for

Klay Thompson+Kevin Looney+2019 1st

Klay is both a better player and a better fit in Golden State than Zingis. So, I guess it'd piss of people who want them to get 75 wins....

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Can the Sixers package whatever doesn't convey from the BOS trade plus, idk Saric, and get Zing?

Simmons
Fultz
Covington
Kristaps
Embiid

:shlick:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

aBagorn posted:

Can the Sixers package whatever doesn't convey from the BOS trade plus, idk Saric, and get Zing?

Simmons
Fultz
Covington
Kristaps
Embiid

loving lol at the idea of this team defending Cleveland or washington or oklahoma city or golden state or houston or boston or literally any elite guard talent

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877186237144088576

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Win a ring for the Zing

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Paul Zuvella posted:

loving lol at the idea of this team defending Cleveland or washington or oklahoma city or golden state or houston or boston or literally any elite guard talent

Look dude, you're just not Trusting The Process.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/877200029605216256

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Covington is a solid wing guard and Fultz will probably eventually be alright. Embiid is an elite rim protector if he can stay on the floor.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MARCUS SMART AND #3 PULL THE TRIGGER AINGE

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lockback posted:

Other than the collective will of people who actually watch Timberwolves games, there is nothing stopping the Wolves from trading Rubio.

I was just going with my will tbh

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The Knicks aren't going to have any fans left if they make this move

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Lockback posted:

Covington is a solid wing guard and Fultz will probably eventually be alright. Embiid is an elite rim protector if he can stay on the floor.

Covington is more than solid, but yeah this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Simmons
Fultz
Covington
Kristaps
Embiid

I don't want to move Simmons from 4 now that fultz is at one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean the whole team is now fultz embiid Simmons plus 2 wings that can shoot .

It's simple . (Tho shooting wings are in huge demand )

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

euphronius posted:

I mean the whole team is now fultz embiid Simmons plus 2 wings that can shoot .

It's simple . (Tho shooting wings are in huge demand )

Luka Doncic, come on down....

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jon Leuer narrowly beat out Porzingis for the most average player in the NBA this season.

.112ws48, 14.2 PER, 55% TS, .2 BPM for Leuer

Vs

.100, 17.4, 55% TS, .2 BPM for Zinger

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

The Knicks aren't going to have any fans left if they make this move

They'll still have the phil jackson apologists who will forgive any move, praise his name, phil makes as clever and 4th dimensional chess when if they were made by anyone else they would just be considered bad moves plain and simple. People are already making poo poo up to apologize for phil: porzingis is 7 3 who can't defend, overrated, not a superstar, didn't improve in his second season (mostly due to moves phil made), dramaqueen and if you can swap porzingis for two first round picks then who says no etc

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

RaySmuckles posted:

he's not a free agent so the spurs would have to trade for him right?

i'm just not seeing any major moves from the spurs this offseason, mostly just focusing on retention and shoring up the roster. its all about cap space in 2018 (when we chase lebron…jk…sorta)

The strat is that we pray Jackson is in scorched earth mode and accepts a trade of the Zinger/Thomas/Lee for Aldridge.

• Locked thread