Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

straight up brolic posted:

Jon Leuer narrowly beat out Porzingis for the most average player in the NBA this season.

.112ws48, 14.2 PER, 55% TS, .2 BPM for Leuer

Vs

.100, 17.4, 55% TS, .2 BPM for Zinger

The Knicks have been really dumb and insist on playing Porzingis at the 4 almost all the time, when he is much better at the 5 on both offence (bigger matchup problem, he's a good offensive rebounder and dunker) and defence (he's a very solid rim protector, but can be exposed when dragged out to the perimeter). The triangle in 2017 is outdated anyway, but running it religiously to the detriment of your near-unique up and coming talent is seriously stupid.

That said, yes he is slightly overhyped because New York. He is going to be a multiple all-star though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean I'll be honest, I've been a Knicks fan, literally since my earliest memories. The Knicks could never have another winning season for the rest of my life and I'll still watch and root for them. Life is pain.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/877206441995653120

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What about signing Derrick Rose ? Would he fit ?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I would be cool trading the #2 pick for King Zing

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Oh my god lavar ball with daily access tot he new york media :cripes: That might be the only thing that would make me quit on the knicks and the nba

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Finally, someone with the Bulls organization remembered, I dunno, any part of the season before the playoffs began

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Knicks friends, it is okay to sever and acknowledge that the Knicks will never be good ever

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

tanglewood1420 posted:

The Knicks have been really dumb and insist on playing Porzingis at the 4 almost all the time, when he is much better at the 5 on both offence (bigger matchup problem, he's a good offensive rebounder and dunker) and defence (he's a very solid rim protector, but can be exposed when dragged out to the perimeter). The triangle in 2017 is outdated anyway, but running it religiously to the detriment of your near-unique up and coming talent is seriously stupid.

That said, yes he is slightly overhyped because New York. He is going to be a multiple all-star though.
Yeah I think he could and will like...4/10 times become really good, it's just funny that he was literally close to the most average player in the NBA

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

They need another Alpha to replace Rondo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
In a perfect world Dallas finds a way to get King Zing. They need a fake Dirk soon, it would be perfect.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Spacebump posted:

In a perfect world Dallas finds a way to get King Zing. They need a fake Dirk soon, it would be perfect.

Would you play him next to Nerlens or let him walk?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'd let nerlens walk if they got Zing.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jon Leuer narrowly beat out Porzingis for the most average player in the NBA this season.

.112ws48, 14.2 PER, 55% TS, .2 BPM for Leuer

Vs

.100, 17.4, 55% TS, .2 BPM for Zinger

he definitely plateaued this year (kinda comfortable saying Jokic is better going forward, he's not ever going to be a top 3 center with KAT, Davis and Jokic around), but I'm busy not believing in this as hard as I've not believed in anything since I laughed at LeBron Back To Cleveland rumors and refused to post in the rumor thread

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JADubin5/status/877217927413592064

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
it's been 50/50 for a while but I think the Nets have a better future than the Knicks. Nets seem to have competent people in the building right now. I think I'll wear my Porzingis jersey today

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/lucasacubic/status/877219210291802116

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

:captainpop:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Then again part of what makes Jokic look so good is a good coach who presents him a ton of opportunity to show off his skills. The Harris/Jokic mind-meld is awesome and I have 0 idea what Kristaps would look like in a good system.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Then again part of what makes Jokic look so good is a good coach who presents him a ton of opportunity to show off his passing skills. The Harris/Jokic mind-meld is something and I have 0 idea what Kristaps would look like in a good system.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
you can''t taunt me with this i have always been first and foremost a 3-Headed Monsters fan i probably only rooted fort he knicks for like a week or two

let's go monsters clap clap clapclapclap

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

you can''t taunt me with this i have always been first and foremost a 3-Headed Monsters fan i probably only rooted fort he knicks for like a week or two

It's less a taunt and me hoping that Danny Ainge does something cool soon

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is me.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

David Lee also declined his player option with the Spurs which makes sense since he was on a minimum contract and definitely played his way to a bigger deal on some team.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/877219583152795648

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Further piss off your most important player without getting anything for it, hahaha

I love this offseason

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's less a taunt and me hoping that Danny Ainge does something cool soon

you mean like this kinda cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDiwmqRWZBU&t=107s
or like this kinda cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-23r2TLNA0

crazy 2 me that your all-time favorite player was Danny Ainge on the Phoenix Suns and you started rooting for Boston just to support his GM career. Wild!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

99.9% staps is gone .

Imho.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
My son deserves better. Let him soar free with an up tempo offense

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

you mean like this kinda cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDiwmqRWZBU&t=107s
or like this kinda cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-23r2TLNA0

crazy 2 me that your all-time favorite player was Danny Ainge on the Phoenix Suns and you started rooting for Boston just to support his GM career. Wild!

I've made it clear that the Suns are my "other" team so you've finally figured me out. Ugh.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If pho would trade 4 for love no reason why they wouldn't trade it for Staps.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/gambo987/status/877222109637824512

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

efb

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Idk that is close.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

lol I would do that if I was the Suns unironically

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Then again part of what makes Jokic look so good is a good coach who presents him a ton of opportunity to show off his skills. The Harris/Jokic mind-meld is awesome and I have 0 idea what Kristaps would look like in a good system.

He's in a good system though the best system the triangle

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

lol I would do that if I was the Suns unironically

:same:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Man we really paid for laughing at this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7e8ITLNE3o
No regrets

Brolander