Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bernie Sanders is a liberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
centrists/liberals do and say a lot of dumb poo poo but seeing a lot of socdems who are not really all that radical in the grand scheme of things posture about their self-perceived superiority is kinda dispiriting. unless you are trying to violently overthrow the government you're going to need persuade a lot of them to join our side and not necessarily dunk on them at every opportunity

SMP
May 5, 2009

Bernie sanders is a liberal {with bad foreign policy) but he's not a "liberal"

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Isn't most of Silicon Valley on borrowed time?

yeah but because the prevailing conditions of late-stage capitalism are that there is an overabundance of accumulated capital and nowhere profitable to invest it they can pretty much expect the money to keep flowing forever, long after everyone is dead and the world is running on AI

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Muppets On PCP posted:

which is stupid because that's exactly how parliamentary procedure in the us congress works

Well, in the UK it was created by aristocrats who had at least some sense of public service and noblesse oblige. In the US it was the work of South Carolina plantation owners

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
plantation owners who cosplayed as aristocrats with some sense of public service and noblesse oblige

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

plantation owners who cosplayed as aristocrats with some sense of public service and noblesse oblige

can u imagine talking like foghorn leghorn the cartoon rooster and trying to be taken seriously as the new aristocracy?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

GalacticAcid posted:

Bernie Sanders is a liberal

it's true

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Isn't most of Silicon Valley on borrowed time?

Somehow the platform that allows Nazis to openly discuss the racial superiority of white people but shadowbans you for tweeting "gently caress you" at said Nazis is struggling to sell itself off or bring in new revenue.

i feel like the poo poo on twitter and Gab.ai is nothing compared to nazis legally selling their poo poo on Amazon (cuz Muh Freeze Peach) for YEARS now.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Race Realists posted:

i feel like the poo poo on twitter and Gab.ai is nothing compared to nazis legally selling their poo poo on Amazon (cuz Muh Freeze Peach) for YEARS now.

stupid making model kits for germany is why i can't get the right decal transfer sheets with my ww2 german armor and aircraft. :colbert:

Dirt
May 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/877266101381550082

Democrats really are the worst

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

You are not going to endear yourself to journalists if you make them pay for the booze.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Race Realists posted:

1930s IBM posted:

:tipshat:

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

TetsuoTW posted:

And dril tweets, you fucker.

dril tweets are the one good thing left in my life but I would give them up if twitter went with them

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
He's writing a book so when the site crashes you can still have a hardcopy

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Relistening to the episode, I'm reminded of a huge hurdle, convincing liberals that Trump is not the problem. When confronted with the notion that removing Trump wont fix things, the typical response is stuff like "at least we wont be leaking secrets to Russia" or "we handle Mike Pence when he's president". I really don't think people understand just how much ire and interest is going evaporate *overnight* once Trump is gone. Hell, I'd be willing to bet the Film Roberts of twitter have their breathless "Thank you Mike Pence for restoring honor to the White House" pieces already written.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Paying attention to Megan McArdle, I noticed one thing she likes to write about is kitchens and kitchen appliances, so the Chapo line about marble countertops vs fire-proofed public housing is on the nose.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2017/05/25/pity-workhorse-kitchen-the-humble-dishwasher/vuxoztt2VfBMOtIxHtc80O/story.html

quote:

I have fairly strict requirements for my kitchen, and I’m willing to pay for the extra quality I demand. I have thus spent the last few months immersing myself in the principles of kitchen renovation. I have dithered over the eternal metaphysical quandaries (“Is the white kitchen really ‘a timeless classic’?”) and the competing theories of layout geometry (triangles, rectangles, zones, hyperbolic paraboloids). I have engaged in multiple Oxford-Union-level debates on a single proposition: ‘‘Resolved: We shall have a wall oven.’’
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-12-21/megan-mcardle-s-annual-holiday-kitchen-gift-guide

quote:

PolyScience induction burner, $1,800

This thing is amazing. It’s the coolest thing I’ve tried since the Thermomix. It is, to be sure, a specialty product. But it’s a great specialty product.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
"There is an idea of a Megan McArdle, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there."

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I'm always a little surprised by the way I can have read the phrase "freeze peach" dozens of times and it remains incredibly obnoxious every time I see it again.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Trump also had one for his party lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Relistening to the episode, I'm reminded of a huge hurdle, convincing liberals that Trump is not the problem. When confronted with the notion that removing Trump wont fix things, the typical response is stuff like "at least we wont be leaking secrets to Russia" or "we handle Mike Pence when he's president". I really don't think people understand just how much ire and interest is going evaporate *overnight* once Trump is gone. Hell, I'd be willing to bet the Film Roberts of twitter have their breathless "Thank you Mike Pence for restoring honor to the White House" pieces already written.

yea I'm genuinely a little afraid of the #resistance because I am 100% sure most of them would abandon the issue as soon as Trump got impeached and Pence took over, and that creepy ghoul is way more able to work with his fellow ghouls to make it legal to shoot gays from helicopters and beat muslims to death with the jawbones of asses.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wow caught up in a blast on Trillbillys. Hell of a promising show. They may not always get into detail on national/international politics the way chapo does or get nearly as funny but they're a lot more relatable and likeable as people

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I am one hundred and fifty percent on board with this randy bryce guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zAyPRbels

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

padijun posted:

I am one hundred and fifty percent on board with this randy bryce guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zAyPRbels

Dude's twitter handle is @IronStache. He loving owns.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Dude's twitter handle is @IronStache. He loving owns.

You tell em Randy! << continues hammering rail road tracks vaguely >>

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/877346407597744130

it's loving infuriating, these people's humiliation fetish

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

https://twitter.com/Type1DIABEETUS/status/876452160468398080

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Apparently there was a change of plans regarding the Biedermann appearance on The Intercepted, so instead we got an old friend back.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

padijun posted:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

padijun posted:

We have to go deeper, deeper into neoliberalism.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The dumbest part of Dan's take is that Ossoff did worse in the district than Clinton.

Dan should go back to working for his old boss at Uber, oh waiiiiiiiiiii...

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Turns out there's indeed an interview!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/brandyljensen/status/877513461521100800

Serf
May 5, 2011

*extremely stav voice* hell yeah dude

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol wasn't matt unemployed for several years relying on his wife's income until chapo started making money

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

already there, I lie down and am mad all the time

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

lol wasn't matt unemployed for several years relying on his wife's income until chapo started making money

Yeah. I think she's a college librarian or something.

Bryter posted:

already there, I lie down and am mad all the time

:same:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

women don't like handsome buff funny guys, they like fat bearded guys who are always yelling

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

women don't like handsome buff funny guys, they like fat bearded guys who are always yelling

Good news for Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

i mean she is wrong

the mistake is in not embracing the volcel lifestyle