Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

zegermans posted:

I dunno I just thought it was funny how the only possible reason a leftist lost in an Omaha election had to be DNC backstabbing

if he said he would nationalize industry in omaha and distribute the wealth to omaha residents he prob would have won :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

lets do this

no don't orangutans are like a billion times stronger than anime girls

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
wait, the spice will flow today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgqwD767EqU

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Serf posted:

naysay all u want, but i live here, and i ain't givin up

You ever wonder how many generations of people wasted their political energies, really their lives, plugging away at a republic designed to screw them? What an impressive engine of oppression, easily rivaling the Roman systems.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

FactsAreUseless posted:

Get the people who don't think that on your side, then change others' minds once you have an enthusiastic base to help you do it.

Whoa buddy here in the centrist zone we don't have "sides", there's only one team in team America, and that team is capitalism :coolbert:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

for the record i'm actually on your side re: leftist candidates and how dems need to stop trying to move rightward like loving idiots

i just hold no illusions about R voters shifting allegiances

Serf
May 5, 2011

Typo posted:

the problem is that voting is very heavily bificated on racial lines in the south

your enthusiastic base is black and the other guy's base is white, the racial gap is awfully hard to bridge

hard but not impossible

young white kids out here with no prospects are desperate for something to believe in. i'm tryin to guide them to the left while you have nazi fucks pulling them to the right

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I thought they banned camera/audio recordings of the daily pressers? Or was that a one time thing?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

the sales pitch from democrats is that they run things well which LOL

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Yinlock posted:

republican: *runs on platform of "i am against you being able to afford survival* *wins*

The trick is to spend 50+ years convincing white people to put this into a mental pachinko machine where the statement bounces off a bunch of racial bugaboos and lands in a slot labeled "she means people trying to take my money".

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

perhaps they're just incompetent and havent bothered to :effort: change the letterings and poo poo

maybe it is a surprise spicy

what do the tarots say

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Marius is certain woke corporatism is the answer

You can't waste your time with blind people like him lol

I dont know what that means and neither do you

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

[extremely normal succzone voice] Do you like Huey Long? his early policies were a little too New Deal for my tastes, but when Share Our Wealth came out in '33 I really think he came into his own, politically and artistically. The whole series of bills have a clear, crisp prose, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gave his legacy a big boost. He's been compared to Trump, but I think Huey had a far more vibrant, lustrous head of hair.

Serf
May 5, 2011

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

You ever wonder how many generations of people wasted their political energies, really their lives, plugging away at a republic designed to screw them? What an impressive engine of oppression, easily rivaling the Roman systems.

call me back when the revolution happens

(this is only half snark, i'm down for whatever works)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

I wonder how many more suffered in silence because that system convinced them there was nothing they could do, or provided an easy excuse.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Just lol at people equivocating about ossof when his opponent is the cartoon pig from lucky ducky

But he's rich :qq:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nuclearmonkee posted:

You gotta market it better. this is stupidland if you call it something good and sell it well it fuckin works because people are dumb

slap some racism and nationalism on top

should sell well

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

leeeeeeeerooooooy! jeeeeeeeenkins

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Serf posted:

yes, i do. people are gettin organized, largely based in churches. we've got huge amounts of minority voters turning out for dem meetings even a county over

I hope you're right as people getting together to meet and discuss things isn't going to do much against a machine that makes changes behind closed doors ala AHCA, especially with a populace that doesn't care to stay informed.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Guys, I did it. I figured out politics.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

punchymcpunch posted:

[extremely normal succzone voice] Do you like Huey Long? his early policies were a little too New Deal for my tastes, but when Share Our Wealth came out in '33 I really think he came into his own, politically and artistically. The whole series of bills have a clear, crisp prose, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gave his legacy a big boost. He's been compared to Trump, but I think Huey had a far more vibrant, lustrous head of hair.

stfu!!!!!!!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

slap some racism and nationalism sex on top

should sell well

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
TRUMP

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

grats

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

MariusLecter posted:

I dont know what that means and neither do you

Shut up you centrist filth

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Welcome to the forum, Mitch McConnell

Serf
May 5, 2011

Louisgod posted:

I hope you're right as people getting together to meet and discuss things isn't going to do much against a machine that makes changes behind closed doors ala AHCA, especially with a populace that doesn't care to stay informed.

people keep saying to run in local elections, run leftists at all levels but start at the bottom, so that's what im pushin for

gently caress imma even run for office

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i will gently caress each and everyone of you. vote for me

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

punchymcpunch posted:

omg go away go back to the suck zone stop making GBS threads up the funny thread with your me-time about your revolution you dweeb :cry:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Lastgirl posted:

perhaps they're just incompetent and havent bothered to :effort: change the letterings and poo poo

what do the tarots say

there was a report that spiceman is doing the briefing today.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Karl Barks posted:

i will gently caress each and everyone of you. vote for me

this would play well among alt right

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Serf posted:

call me back when the revolution happens

(this is only half snark, i'm down for whatever works)

Smash cut to Serf a skeleton with cobwebs by silent telephone

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Serf
May 5, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Smash cut to Serf a skeleton with cobwebs by silent telephone

i will die one day, but it won't be a death from doing nothing

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Shut up you centrist filth

Sure thing tool of oppression

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

this would play well among alt right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1xiAXMqJIQ

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Be still my beating heart! I knew you wouldn't leave us without at least saying goodbye yelling at us one more time!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

what do the tarots say

just pulled a single card from my phone app

quote:

The Ace of Wands
A hand issuing from a cloud grasps a stout wand or club

looks like spicy's bringin the lumber

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

what do the tarots say

surprise!