Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Personal mission changes in 9.19.1:

quote:

STUG IV
MT-7: Destroy one SPG (and survive) ⟶ Inflict minimum of 1 damage to an enemy SPG (survive and win the battle)

MT-9: Cause 500 damage to enemy heavy tanks of your tier or higher (and survive) ⟶ Inflict 500 damage to enemy heavy tanks and destroy 1 heavy tank (and survive)

HT- 6: Destroy two enemy heavy tanks (and survive) ⟶ Destroy a total of two heavy or medium tanks (and survive)

T28 HTC
MT-7: Destroy 2 enemy SPGs (survive and win the battle) ⟶ Destroy at least 1 enemy SPG (Survive and win the battle)

MT-9: Inflict 1000 damage to enemy heavy tanks above your tier (and survive) ⟶ Inflict 1000 damage to enemy heavy tanks and destroy 1 heavy tank (survive and win the battle)

HT-6: Destroy 3 enemy heavy tanks (win and survive the battle) ⟶ Destroy a total of 2 heavy or medium tanks your tier or above (win and survive the battle)

T-55A
MT-7: Destroy 1 SPG with no assistance (win and survive the battle) ⟶ Damage 2 SPGs and destroy at least 1 SPG (win and survive the battle)

MT-9: Destroy 1 heavy tank two tiers higher (win and survive the battle) ⟶ Inflict 1500 damage to enemy heavy tanks, destroy 2 heavy tanks (win and survive the battle)

HT-6: Destroy 2 heavy tanks of a higher tier (inflict at least 2000 damage) ⟶ Destroy a total of 3 heavy or medium tanks (Inflict at least 2000 damage)

OBJECT 260
LT-7: Detect at least 3 SPGs (destroy 1 SPG) ⟶ Detect and damage 3 enemy SPGs (destroy at least 1 SPG)

MT-7: Destroy 3 SPGs (win and survive the battle) ⟶ Damage 3 enemy SPGs and destroy 1 (win and survive the battle)

MT-8: Destroy 1 medium tank 2 tiers above you (Inflict at least 2000 damage) ⟶ Destroy 3 medium tanks (Inflict at least 2000 damage)

MT-9: Inflict 2000 damage on enemy heavy tanks of higher tiers (win and survive the battle) ⟶ Inflict 2000 damage on heavy tanks and destroy 2 (survive the battle)

HT-6: Destroy 2 heavy tanks 2 tiers above you (inflict 3000 damage) ⟶ Destroy a total of 4 heavy or medium tanks (inflict 3000 damage)

Good luck with LT-7 and MT-7 for the 260.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Personal mission changes in 9.19.1:

Good luck with LT-7 and MT-7 for the 260.

MT-7 for the 260 will be easy peasy in a bat-chat.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That would require getting into a match with 3 arty first. :nallears:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So how do these bond things work? Do they let you permanently apply a skill to a crewman or is it just for one battle?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

So how do these bond things work? Do they let you permanently apply a skill to a crewman or is it just for one battle?

One battle. If you could equip a "seventh" equipment that gave Sixth Sense that'd be loving awesome, but alas instead you need to spend 6 bonds every match.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

McGavin posted:

That would require getting into a match with 3 arty first. :nallears:

So every third match or so, at least if the clickers follow everyone else around like they do to me

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
HAHAAHA, omg theyre buffing the Type 4 and 5! Clearly the Type 4 and 5 weren't performing well enough! Just lmfao at this.

https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/06/20/wot-9-20-japanese-heavy-changes/

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 20, 2017

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

welp

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agrajag posted:

HAHAAHA, omg theyre buffing the Type 4 and 5! Clearly the Type 4 and 5 weren't performing well enough! Just lmfao at this.

Removing the derp from the O-I tho, the worst news

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Agrajag posted:

They are raising the O-I Exp right as I finish it up, but dropping the O-I. Guess I better get to grinding that soon so I can enjoy it before it feels like the O-I Exp.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
10 and 20 mm thinner on front ports lmao

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Agrajag posted:

The new weak spots on the Type 4 are incredibly dumb. Everyone angles the plate and then you just shoot the cheeks, because they never got a buff on it as opposed to the Type 5.
The weak spots on the Type 5 are equally dumb, because 10mm less on an angled weak spot still leaves a stupidly-invulnerable front.

lol @ the maneuverability buffs, though. The Type 4 actually needed it, though.

Giving the O-Ho's 10cm a premium round finally gives that gun some options, but since you get dunked into tier 10 matches more than before, 250/260 pen still won't swing that much versus a 15cm that essentially serves as an area-denial-system.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

O-Ho will always be my favorite tonk :3:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I like how they make the vision slits "weak spots" to allow people to pen them frontally without using premium ammo, and make the "weak spots" 260 and 270 millimeters thick. Ain't a fuckin' lot of tanks with 270 default pen, and that'd only give you a 50% chance to pen at close range unangled! And you just loving know they're going to keep the 0 damage zone on the actual driver's slit just to gently caress people over even more.

Azhais posted:

Removing the derp from the O-I tho, the worst news

Naw they're removing the O-I Exp's big gun, which is entirely necessary. Giving it mediocre armor (as opposed to the current no armor) and making it slower seems a little harsh in combination with the gun nerf, but if it kept its speed it'd just be a rampanzer. The O-I keeps its gun, it just gets weakspots on the back which is probably good because being stronger in the rear than every other tier 6 is frontally is just super stupid.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Agrajag posted:

That report is wrong. They're not buffing the mobility of the Type 4 & 5, they are nerfing it back to being mostly in line with the Maus, but leaving it slightly better. Those tanks already have better mobility.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

being stronger in the rear than every other tier 6 is frontally is just hilarious.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

:wink:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

I like how they make the vision slits "weak spots" to allow people to pen them frontally without using premium ammo, and make the "weak spots" 260 and 270 millimeters thick. Ain't a fuckin' lot of tanks with 270 default pen, and that'd only give you a 50% chance to pen at close range unangled! And you just loving know they're going to keep the 0 damage zone on the actual driver's slit just to gently caress people over even more.

Naw they're removing the O-I Exp's big gun, which is entirely necessary. Giving it mediocre armor (as opposed to the current no armor) and making it slower seems a little harsh in combination with the gun nerf, but if it kept its speed it'd just be a rampanzer. The O-I keeps its gun, it just gets weakspots on the back which is probably good because being stronger in the rear than every other tier 6 is frontally is just super stupid.

Yea, the 100mm on the O-I Exp was stupidly powerful for its tier. 300 damage gun with 130mm of pen and a 10s reload.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Agrajag posted:

they needed it imo, oh wait thats actually a nerf, damnit greay "get to the heat spam even faster now with more weak spots!"

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Turmoilx posted:

they needed it imo, oh wait thats actually a nerf, damnit greay "get to the heat spam even faster now with more weak spots!"

:thunk:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I'm guessing those "weak spots" are being put in because tier 8s with gold couldn't damage the Types frontally so they just stopped firing at all, and they want to encourage more premium ammo usage from low tier tanks by encouraging pubbies to throw out tons of gold ammo on the slim chance they get a high pen roll.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

I'm guessing those "weak spots" are being put in because tier 8s with gold couldn't damage the Types frontally so they just stopped firing at all, and they want to encourage more premium ammo usage from low tier tanks by encouraging pubbies to throw out tons of gold ammo on the slim chance they get a high pen roll.

pretty sure the very slightest of angling would negate those weakspots

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

pretty sure the very slightest of angling would negate those weakspots

Pubbies, like the Nazis they worship, don't understand how angled armor works.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hellsau posted:

Pubbies, like the Nazis they worship, don't understand how angled armor works.

Pretend I posted that quote about the Jagdtiger(?) crew that turmed their tank destroyer side toward enemy fire as they tried to flee after bouncing several roumds off their frontal armor. :rip:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of the JT, is it worth driving these days?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

2100 hp at tier 9, nearly no armor anywhere, great gun. It's fine. Arti tears it to pieces unfortunately and the maps are real unforgiving to slow tanks, turretless tanks, and slow, turretless tanks.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

it says tier 9 but its a great tier 10 sniper

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Hellsau I know I asked for your advice already but man I'm really really godawful with heavies after playing with lights for so long. Are there any good posts itt/guides/links to YouTube on how to play heavies in general? If I go to the front lines, or even second line, I get blown up with everyone else. When I'm not hugging a wall 24/7, I'm getting sniped by arty. I don't really know how to balance self preservation and actual battle participation. Since I'm playing a tier 5 U.S heavy, ive been trying to keep my hull down, but that doesn't really work in the open plains maps.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^One of the best things you can do is play some arty to learn where the hidden spots are because if you get lit, arty will tear you up if they can get a shot in

Hellsau posted:

The O-I keeps its gun, it just gets weakspots on the back which is probably good because being stronger in the rear than every other tier 6 is frontally is just super stupid.

Hey, I enjoyed being the last tank alive and having their entire team surrounding me and bouncing while I casually picked targets

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 21, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

buglord posted:

Hellsau I know I asked for your advice already but man I'm really really godawful with heavies after playing with lights for so long. Are there any good posts itt/guides/links to YouTube on how to play heavies in general? If I go to the front lines, or even second line, I get blown up with everyone else. When I'm not hugging a wall 24/7, I'm getting sniped by arty. I don't really know how to balance self preservation and actual battle participation. Since I'm playing a tier 5 U.S heavy, ive been trying to keep my hull down, but that doesn't really work in the open plains maps.

All tanks are the same. You need to get into a position to deal damage while mitigating how much damage you take, preferably keeping at least 1 HP for as long as possible so that your gun continues to exist (with autoloaders complicating this, where you'd like to keep a healthy HP pool so that you can go in and clip tanks out freely late game, but that's not really relevant for you.) I don't care what icon my tank has - if I think I'm fast enough to safely rush 1 line on Fisherman's Bay, I'm rushing 1 line. If I'm a TD I'm almost never going to be red line sniping unless there's no possible way for me to avoid it, I'm going to be up close and putting my gun to use. I don't play my tanks too differently unless the enemy team composition and map force me to abandon my usual routine, so my ST-I goes to the same brawling spots that my Obj 430-II goes, I'll take my light tanks south on Paris if playing the verticle roads aren't feasible, I'll basically do anything I can to try to affect the relevant parts of the map. There are VERY few maps in this game where there's more than one useful area in a given game. Going south on Paris seems like a really terrible idea in your lights, but the north is so catastrophically useless that you just have to suck it up and try to help your team win where it actually matters. Same thing with heavies - going west on Steppes seems like it should matter, but frequently you should just take your heavy rear end east and go shoot some medium tanks. Maybe you just aren't going to the right spots? I should do a map review one of these days but that's a lot of effort and I'm lazy.

Post replays from your next 5 T1 HT games, even if you just die outright or whatever. You might just be getting seal clubbed. There's not much you can really be expected to do if the enemy has a gold shooting, 4 skill T67, while you don't even have Sixth Sense, or if their artillery just decide you have to die. The Grille in particular at tier 5 is an overpowered motherfucker for an arti, routinely oneshotting tier 6s and dealing 200+ to heavy tanks every 20 seconds.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

there was a guy once that you could watch play live back when i had under 10k maybe even 5k battles (now over 50k) and he was fun to watch + id learn how to play from watching it sadly there is no good streamers left for wot that are entertaining they all seem to have very flat personalities or are really uh i dont know how to explain , incompetent uh er annoying ? something along the lines of those and some other stuff RIP Hardest1 and jrob. oh i guess there is wallhacks hes funny and "good" player https://www.twitch.tv/wallhacks

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jun 21, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Having seen Wallhacks for the first time during the last big tournament, I don't think I'm far off in saying that he might be the next guy to die while playing WoT.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hmmmm

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i jumped over a struv team mate..kinda almost ..more like ran him over but it was still cool http://wotreplays.com/site/3661980#sand_river-turmoilx-bat_-ch_tillon_25_t also the last shot i did that battle..dont ask how because i dont know either

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Having seen Wallhacks for the first time during the last big tournament, I don't think I'm far off in saying that he might be the next guy to die while playing WoT.

Wallhacks often does really stupid poo poo in battles relying on bad players / blind skill to pull it off. I honestly think he is a better tournament player than he is a random / ranked battle player. If you are looking for someone to learn from, I recommend ZevenNA. He can be a bit flat, and repeats the same things over and over, but he's very good about pointing out what he is observing and why he is doing certain things.

We should get Hellsau high one day and record him pointing out why many places in maps while they may work sometimes are sub optimal. Examples: Southeast in Westfield, river road on Abbey, beach on Overlord, etc.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Turmoilx posted:

there was a guy once that you could watch play live back when i had under 10k maybe even 5k battles (now over 50k) and he was fun to watch + id learn how to play from watching it sadly there is no good streamers left for wot that are entertaining they all seem to have very flat personalities or are really uh i dont know how to explain , incompetent uh er annoying ? something along the lines of those and some other stuff RIP Hardest1 and jrob.

I've been really digging JoJoJacky's streams lately. He's WGLNA player that is calm and he almost always talks through what he's doing and why he's doing it. Obviously, Overlord Prime is also a good choice for the same reasons, plus he usually makes me laugh out loud at least once per stream.

If you just want to see the best possible gameplay - regardless of language - you should be watching Stanlock (RU), _NIDIN_ (RU), and SmyleeRage (ENG). Stanlock, in particular, is freakishly good at the game. He has 5275 DPG in the E50M over 45 games. That's insane.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 21, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/june-2017-player-spotlight/

WGA did a "random player spotlight" article. They link to the player profiles. You should check them out, as well as the "amazing match" replay they posted. I'm not sure I'd call 2400 damage in a tier 7 TD particularly amazing but whatever.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/june-2017-player-spotlight/

WGA did a "random player spotlight" article. They link to the player profiles. You should check them out, as well as the "amazing match" replay they posted. I'm not sure I'd call 2400 damage in a tier 7 TD particularly amazing but whatever.

To the average pubbie, anyone with a K/D ratio over 0.75 is a filthy cuck [wholly unnecessary racial epithet goes here] stat-padding re-roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
[_BR_] makes me want to build a firewall and make the Brazilians pay for it.