Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Glumslinger posted:

If someone actually does hack his twitter and get caught, they will almost certainly throw every single law that could feasibly apply to it

What if they do it from a Liberry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armack
Jan 27, 2006
Interesting report via youtube from Greg Palast on what voter suppression might look like in the GA-6 race.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dietrich posted:

What if the hacker just runs gob's program?

No one will notice.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Dietrich posted:

What if the hacker just runs gob's program?

potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus potus

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Hogwarts is a town down the Chattahoochee, just before you reach the border with Alabama.

Too bad you have to pass through my hometown of Mordor LaGrange to get there first.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Thread rules amended to remind people not to respond to Leon Trotsky 2012.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

skylined! posted:

:siren::siren::siren:

nabisco has retained a lawyer for their rascal elf

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/877237204619341826

On the one hand, I suppose there is a sort of wisdom in having independent representation, even if you're the AG.

On the other hand, lol at the AG having to lawyer up.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

HonorableTB posted:

Too bad you have to pass through my hometown of Mordor LaGrange to get there first.

i narrowly missed moving to lagrange for work (and ended up in columbus), and still go down there every few months.

it is one of the most obviously (economically and racially) segregated cities i have ever visited

the campus is nice tho. that's my story

skylined! fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 20, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I always like driving through Lagrange, because the amount of gravity I feel in my body from the Earth and moon is the same as centrifugal force of my car tires so I feel weightless.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

If an account gets banned from Twitter, you can no longer see the tweets, yes? Does this mean that Trump cannot be banned?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

skylined! posted:

nabisco has retained a lawyer for their rascal elf

https://twitter.com/matthewamiller/status/877237204619341826

Dumbasses at the Gate: The Fall of Donald J. Trump

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Reik posted:

Was this the plan all along, voting on a sanction bill they know will trigger this issue to try and make the Republicans look tough on Russia?

Nah, I mean who is stalling it for him. He certainly doesn't want to be tough on Russia, and their are a few house Republicans like McCarthy who are also widely believed to be compromised or otherwise in Russia's pocket.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

skylined! posted:

i narrowly missed moving to lagrange for work (and ended up in columbus), and still go down there every few months.

it is one of the most obviously (economically and racially) segregated cities i have every visited

the campus is nice tho. that's my story

If I stand at a point exactly equidistant from the white and black sides of town, do I become racially neutral?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

A lovely Reporter posted:

Ridiculous

Leon is one of the only good posters itt

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

A lovely Reporter posted:

Can we add Covok to the list?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Office Pig posted:

On the one hand, I suppose there is a sort of wisdom in having independent representation, even if you're the AG.

On the other hand, lol at the AG having to lawyer up.

I wouldn't take it as a sign of guilt, since this is often the suggestion for even innocent people to do. Like yeah, i want them all to burn, but its pretty reasonable action

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Jitzu_the_Monk posted:

Interesting report via youtube from Greg Palast on what voter suppression might look like in the GA-6 race.
There was a post on 4chan today giving out the ride volunteering hotline and a list of GA-06 cities to say you were from.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

birds posted:

If an account gets banned from Twitter, you can no longer see the tweets, yes? Does this mean that Trump cannot be banned?

There's possibly going to be a lawsuit about this in reverse in regards to the official presidential account banning people.

https://www.wired.com/2017/06/trumps-habit-twitter-blocking-may-violate-first-amendment/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's amazing that a seat that was a 1 point difference in the last general election is even close with Trump's approval rating being at 35%. The dems should be winning these seats by 10 points.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

mcmagic posted:

It's amazing that a seat that was a 1 point difference in the last general election is even close with Trump's approval rating being at 35%. The dems should be winning these seats by 10 points.

We have enough people trolling this thread.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I think it's very possible that Republican voters are differentiating between Trump and other Republicans. It does feel like he's being treated as this crazy outlier and not the product of the far right which the GOP has been facilitating for decades. I guess we'll find out today.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can we add Covok to the list?

Looks like there's already a section on him.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/877174936019906560

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Are you talking about GA-06? That seat was won by Tom Price by more than 20 points.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

birds posted:

Trump's tweets are considered by the White House to be official statements:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/trump-tweets-official-statements/index.html

Banning Trump would be seen by the White House as criminal, regardless of written law, because they'd be messing around with their communications

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

Yeah it's really amazing.

That a county that elected Trump is filled with Trump supporters.

Most of whom still support Trump.

A county which also leaned heavily (+22) for the GOP House candidate.

This is all really amazing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TGLT posted:

Are you talking about GA-06? That seat was won by Tom Price by more than 20 points.

Trump won by 1. You can't go by what an incumbent won by last time.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]
The GOP is so loving blatantly evil and terrible and wrong on every single issue that they shouldn't be winning a single seat in the entire country, if this were a sane world.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

Trump won

Yup!

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

mcmagic posted:

i think this guy is on to something and defo knows how elections work

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Queering Wheel posted:

The GOP is so loving blatantly evil and terrible and wrong on every single issue that they shouldn't be winning a single seat in the entire country, if this were a sane world.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/877233074299441157
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/877239673336344577

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

Banning Trump would be seen by the White House as criminal, regardless of written law, because they'd be messing around with their communications

Ok well it wouldn't be criminal, though. There is no law saying that Trump needs to be allowed to use your social network to make public statements.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boon posted:

Yeah it's really amazing.

That a county that elected Trump is filled with Trump supporters.

Most of whom still support Trump.

A county which also leaned heavily (+22) for the GOP House candidate.

This is all really amazing.

It's amazing that people support Trump. Yea. I'm never going to stop being amazed by it. But he DOES have a 35% approval rating and it should be a horrible climate for republicans to run in but that doesn't seem to materializing.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

business hammocks posted:

If I stand at a point exactly equidistant from the white and black sides of town, do I become racially neutral?

you get hit by a train

(because it's divided by literal tain tracks in many areas, as if it could be any more stereotypical)

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Queering Wheel posted:

There's a fascinating documentary on this specific subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5iACzPvf1o

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Some day you'll realize America isn't as great a place as it "should" be.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/877236514413060097

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

mcmagic posted:

You said the seat, and the seat was +20. That does, in fact, matter. Republicans who couldn't hold their nose to vote Trump still voted in his party's rep there.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

business hammocks posted:

I don't see race, so I wouldn't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
If Spicer hasn't talked to Trump about The Healthcare bill, or the Russian scandal, has anyone asked Spicer what if anything they've talked about?

• Locked thread