Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ouble_Discounts

Double discounts for games if you got plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I mean as gross as it is, if there's bugs in your PS4 then getting rid of them will be better than letting them melt into it. But at that point I think I'd rather just give it to a repair place, straight up tell them there's bugs in it and pay the extra rather than do it myself and risk screwing something up

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Verisimilidude posted:

Was it difficult to open? I've had my ps4 for a few years now and it whirs up from time to time, but I read an article about roaches living in ps4s and I'm honestly disgusted by the idea of cracking it open.

Super easy. You'll see 4 or 5 little black stickers on the back. Peel them off and remove the little screws, then you can pop the bottom off, much like the HDD cover.

Then just blow some canned air in there to get it all clean.

The only thing that sucks is they are security torx screws, and I went and bought a set of regular torx to do it and they didn't even work. Luckily a tiny flathead worked fine.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Getting those stickers off was the hardest part. They're thick as far as stickers go and there wasn't an easy way to get in there.

But the rest was simple. Just follow a YouTube guide and you should be golden. I did have to order a special screwdriver, but that was like $5.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah they were a bitch for a second but they come off pretty easy with something sharp. You really need a tiny flat head or a knife or they just get torn up.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Nex Machina is great. I just beat it on Rookie and honestly I am not sure I will ever beat it on anything higher. It's loving intense.

But it's good, if you're into that sort of game. Of which, I kind of am somewhere in the middle.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The ACG guy was pretty glowing on Nex Machina and his reviews are usually in tune with mine.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Phantom Pain is $10.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Phantom Pain is $10.

That's a drat good deal

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

exquisite tea posted:

The ACG guy was pretty glowing on Nex Machina and his reviews are usually in tune with mine.

It's a fun but extremely short game unless you are a challenge/leaderboard/difficulty chaser.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Phantom Pain is a masterpiece. IMHO.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Tei posted:

Well, it's the first act of a masterpiece, anyways.

E: VVVV fair point, MGSV gameplay is on point, as is Ground Zeroes.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 20, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Phantom Pain is an MGS gameplay masterpiece. Nex Machina gets better the louder the music, I need to hook up the hifi and big fat speakers.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

From deals thread

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I liked Ground Zeroes more than PP.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Interesting, getting a Plat on HZD gets you a theme and avatar sent via mail. Does that happen for other games? It didn't for Nier and the other game I have plated.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

RBA Starblade posted:

I liked Ground Zeroes more than PP.

I didn't

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I don't really make a distinction between GZ and PP at this point, they are one game to me. With a fairly incredible first few missions if you look at it that way.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Anora posted:

Interesting, getting a Plat on HZD gets you a theme and avatar sent via mail. Does that happen for other games? It didn't for Nier and the other game I have plated.

Bloodborne too I believe. I haven't received the horizon theme and its been a couple of months :( (yes my email options are set correctly)

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Is there any recomended quiz or board game style games on PSN?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

veni veni veni posted:

I can't think of a single thing Rise did that it really excelled at.

Environmental/weather effects. Particularly how the weather changed and got worse over the course of the game.

I liked Rise more than most, in general I didn't really care about the story in open world games and I liked the gameplay. I didn't play the previous one so didn't have much to compare it to. Now I've played HZD, where I did care about the story because it was so drat good, it probably wouldn't hold up as well.

Tei posted:

yup

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The best thing Rise has going for it is Endurance Mode and it's a shame that it's locked behind DLC as it's surprisingly complex and challenging. If they lifted that wholesale into Horizon I would play it all the drat time.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

The best thing Rise has going for it is Endurance Mode and it's a shame that it's locked behind DLC as it's surprisingly complex and challenging. If they lifted that wholesale into Horizon I would play it all the drat time.

Something akin to "survival mode", in other games?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Something akin to "survival mode", in other games?

Yeah it's a survival mode laid out on a procedurally generated Siberian tileset where you have to balance food/warmth and get all different kinds of game modifiers in the form of cards which you can randomize at the start of a match. I liked it because all the crafting + survival mechanics that felt tangential to the main story all become really important and it quickly becomes a challenge to survive even for a few days.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Boogalo posted:

Bloodborne too I believe. I haven't received the horizon theme and its been a couple of months :( (yes my email options are set correctly)

I platinumed HZD yesterday and got the theme email today. I have yet to receive a Bloodborne theme however, only a "Congrats" email.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

Is there any recomended quiz or board game style games on PSN?

anything jackbox.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cubicle gangster posted:

anything jackbox.

Best party game I've ever played. It was a revelation at a party I went to. People went absolutely wild for it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played some more Horizon. Gushed over it some more. Good heavens, maybe my Game of the Year?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Best party game I've ever played. It was a revelation at a party I went to. People went absolutely wild for it.

Love how the two different groups of friends I've played the Jackbox games with prefer different games so I don't get burned out (well, everyone loves Fibbage so I'm talking about the other games).

Also it gave new life to my PS3. Would have gotten rid of it by now but instead it's in the living room for when people come over while the PS4 stays in the spare room for me.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

VideoGames posted:

Played some more Horizon. Gushed over it some more. Good heavens, maybe my Game of the Year?

It's probably my favorite game of last year and one of my favorite ever. I thought the story would probably end with a wet fart like most games of this type but it really delivers.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Rad Valtar posted:

It's probably my favorite game of last year and one of my favorite ever. I thought the story would probably end with a wet fart like most games of this type but it really delivers.

I thought the opposite about the ending, a lot of pre-release hype had me excited for some sort of "Aloy and everyone else were really robots as well". The actual ending wasn't as mind blowing I guess.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought Trivial Pursuit Live was O-K as a party game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

I'd say so. I mean, the year ain't over but it's going to be a tough one to beat.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

BisterdDave posted:

I thought the opposite about the ending, a lot of pre-release hype had me excited for some sort of "Aloy and everyone else were really robots as well". The actual ending wasn't as mind blowing I guess.

That would be beyond stupid, though...

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Snak posted:

That would be beyond stupid, though...

I know it sounds like a dumb cliche ending, but I was hoping Guerrilla would somehow make it not so with some new twist. That thought is what had me excited.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I just hope the Horizon expansion is more lore exploration and less open world loving about. I had a great time reading hopeless end times diaries exploring ruins and by the end tried to avoid fighting robot dinosaurs entirely.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Speaking of HZD platinum theme, I used the code to get mine, but I don't want the avatar so here's the code for anyone interested:

EF3E-CQN9-A9CE

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thanks i like avatars

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Meldonox posted:

I just hope the Horizon expansion is more lore exploration and less open world loving about. I had a great time reading hopeless end times diaries exploring ruins and by the end tried to avoid fighting robot dinosaurs entirely.

it centers around the least explored faction, with the most potential for interesting story so I'm optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Harlock posted:

I thought Trivial Pursuit Live was O-K as a party game.

This is what I've been playing with my partner and friends. Pretty fun but a bit bare bones. Will definitely check out the Jackbox games now.