Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Megatron, to Prime, holding his sword against his neck: "We were brothers once!"

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Isabela Moner even wore a G1 dress to the premier

She calls Anthony Hopkins "T-Hopps".

In the picture is also Jason Zhang who sings a cover of X Ambassador's Torches, the official theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GnF9Mdn5pk

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

There're spoilers floating around the net. I can post them if people are interested. Suffice to say, the film sounds completely crazy and is going to be difficult to fit into the others.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Isabela Moner even wore a G1 dress to the premier

She calls Anthony Hopkins "T-Hopps".

In the picture is also Jason Zhang who sings a cover of X Ambassador's Torches, the official theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GnF9Mdn5pk

Is there a small creature coming out of his ear?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Milky Moor posted:

There're spoilers floating around the net. I can post them if people are interested. Suffice to say, the film sounds completely crazy and is going to be difficult to fit into the others.

Go on...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No don't. Enjoying a Transformers movie and watching the insanity unfold is one of the reasons to go see it in the first place!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Enjoying a Transformers movie and watching the insanity unfold

is this a pun

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Schwarzwald posted:

is this a pun

Welcome to the insanity enjoying thread where we over-analyze robots ripping faces off of other robots.

Word that this movie will contradict the others in new and dumber ways than before just makes me more excited.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Schwarzwald posted:

is this a pun

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Enjoying a Transformers movie and watching the insanity unfold convert in 24 steps

By the way, I just found out that Isabela's dress is actually an official Transformers dress made by Moschino. Here it was on a runway earlier this year with other styles in the line.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Milky Moor posted:

Let's have it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I checked where I found them -- TFW2005 -- and people are saying they were fake. Welp.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anthony Hopkins needs to be credited as "T-Hopps" on a film before he dies.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

I think I found my spirit animal

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are those separate pieces or is it all a silver onesie under the coat?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctembQrH_0k

this is relevant, right? (it's not)

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fayfqo5CJEA

IMAX IMAX IMAX IMAX... IMAX

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A lot of film nerds seems to be angry with him on Twitter because of this.

More Optimus being a jerk. Also, Hound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCe4zJ_bxY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvU3ji9_Kxc

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

doesn't seem to be any shred of self awareness lol

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Omar Sy is voicing Hot Rod.

According to IMAX, 98% of this movie is shot using their camera. I'm guessing the remaining 2% are stock or historical footage. Megatron and Nitro from that IMAX trailer:
http://i.imgur.com/KI176Ep.mp4

Bumblebee's recording session.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyljFynKrIw

Speaking of which, it appears that Megatron is negotiating with humans for the release of his crew and Bumblebee is there because the humans need someone they can trust (spoiler in the video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhz0FbukJ5Q

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Imax and 3D in general are bad for my eyes, gonna see it Wednesday night.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Who is voicing Megatron?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

RedSpider posted:

Who is voicing Megatron?

Frank Welker.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He also makes every sound effect and animal noise in the movie.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I went to the premier of this earlier tonight and enjoyed it a lot. I don't know anything about Transformers mythology or anything like that, and my only other exposure to this film franchise is having seen some of the first one and not liking it much, but this one was a very fun and funny film. The action scenes were very well done imo, they had a good mixture of giant robots with huge gently caress-off battle axes, swords and rail guns, cool dinosaur robots, human military and alien artifacts, and they made the majority of the characters, both robot and human, likeable or interesting. My only complaint was that it may have been a bit too long, but the pacing was good enough to offset that. I didn't hit that point I usually do with a lot of summer actiony blockbusters where I get bored and just check out of paying attention to the plot with this movie because they mixed things up enough to keep me interested throughout most of it.

Oh, also, one of my favorite things in the movie was Anthony Hopkins and his rad robot butler sidekick exchanging banter, and some of the other robots trying to crack jokes on them

savinhill fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 20, 2017

GoldenGun
Oct 21, 2005

In heaven everything is fine
Gonna see this tomorrow. Extremely excited.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Watching this tonight and I'm hyped as all hell for it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I'm seeing it on Thursday. Gonna be a day late to the face ripping. :smith:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Seeing it tomorrow.

I still can't believe I'm excited for it.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
Dragging my friends to this tonight. Absolutely pumped.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

savinhill posted:

I went to the premier of this earlier tonight and enjoyed it a lot. I don't know anything about Transformers mythology or anything like that, and my only other exposure to this film franchise is having seen some of the first one and not liking it much, but this one was a very fun and funny film. The action scenes were very well done imo, they had a good mixture of giant robots with huge gently caress-off battle axes, swords and rail guns, cool dinosaur robots, human military and alien artifacts, and they made the majority of the characters, both robot and human, likeable or interesting. My only complaint was that it may have been a bit too long, but the pacing was good enough to offset that. I didn't hit that point I usually do with a lot of summer actiony blockbusters where I get bored and just check out of paying attention to the plot with this movie because they mixed things up enough to keep me interested throughout most of it.

Oh, also, one of my favorite things in the movie was Anthony Hopkins and his rad robot butler sidekick exchanging banter, and some of the other robots trying to crack jokes on them

How much of a genocidal maniac was Optimus Prime

e: serious version of that question, was Cybertron's destruction explicitly a result of Optimus loving up the space bridge mid teleport? This question must look like insane babble so, I guess, in what way does the movie blame Optimus for destroying his home

General Battuta fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 20, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I'm hoping to see this soon. It's being released right at around the busiest season in my country and workplace.

Also Tyrese Gibson had to drop out of TF5 at the last minute because the filming clashed with F8 Of The Furious' schedule.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Bay should really direct a Furious sequel

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Only two reviews up on RT so far and both desperately trying to make the authors sound so much smarter than the everyman. It begins.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_the_last_knight_2017

quote:

One is meant to practice willing suspension of disbelief to consume a movie like Transformers: The Last Knight, but the persistent idiocy of the enterprise keeps intruding on that task. Set aside the Da Vinci Code b.s. and consider Goodman’s bearded robot (you read that right), who chomps on a robot cigar and growls, “I love violence.” Or the robot whose knuckles sport robot bling. Or the fact that several of the robots remain jive-talking ethnic stereotypes.

quote:

Presumably, large paychecks make up for the embarrassment of being associated with this mess, but there’s no question that there’s a fan base who have made the previous four films into hits and will enjoy having their senses pummeled yet again. That there’s an audience for “Transformers: The Last Knight” will be beyond belief for most people, but then we’re living at a time when most of the things in the news are similarly unbelievable.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Milky Moor posted:

Every one of these movies is essentially a semi-retcon of the others with some other secret reveal of the truth of what really happened in human history involving these robots.

I've said before that alternate realities and alternate timelines is such a big thing these days in popular media. At this point with the Transformers franchise I'm really expecting/hoping we get some movie that ends up being that every one of these films takes place in some alternate reality from one another where it ends in a battle royale between all of them and a more G1-inspired Transformers just show up.

Alternatively,we get a final movie of the Transformers where Optimus goes, "I have a plan" and it's just every Autobot doing horrible stuff to one another and everyone for like 3 hours that defies all good taste and at the very end, a shaken Mark Wahlberg just wipes his brow and goes, "that was a hell of a plan, Prime. What do you call that..."

Cut to a black screen and the title: The Transformaristocrats, and a nu-metal theme song blares.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

General Battuta posted:

How much of a genocidal maniac was Optimus Prime

e: serious version of that question, was Cybertron's destruction explicitly a result of Optimus loving up the space bridge mid teleport? This question must look like insane babble so, I guess, in what way does the movie blame Optimus for destroying his home

I have to be honest and say that there was an open bar/free booze at the prescreening party, so I'm more than a bit hazy on a lot of the plot details like this. It is in this movie's favor though that it kept me engaged and awake throughout the whole thing though, instead of falling asleep like I have at other movies under similar circumstances in the past.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Just seen it. It aggressively doesn't make any sense. No scene seems to continue from the last. Checked out pretty quickly, and I really like the last two TF movies.

Also Optimus is evil for about ten seconds

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

mashed_penguin posted:

Only two reviews up on RT so far and both desperately trying to make the authors sound so much smarter than the everyman. It begins.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_the_last_knight_2017

I think they put some of these rotten ones in the wrong category.

quote:

Every few years, Michael Bay and his giant digital robots sally forth from their gilded dungeon to inflict damage on the world's brain cells. Transformers: The Last Knight is their most concerted assault yet, making me fear for the sanity of the planet.

quote:

Freed of concerns like plausibility or story, you can simply gape in wonder at the ruthlessly thunderous images in front of you. Maybe that's the feeling of brain cells dying a painful, anguished death.

quote:

I can't remember the last time I felt so little while watching a movie. I wasn't even bored, so much as just dazed, like I'd woken up in someone else's dream.

quote:

Transformers: The Last Knight is like staring at a projected kaleidoscope for two and a half hours and then trying to tell someone about the plot.

quote:

Lord Megatron help me, Michael Bay has finally pummeled this viewer into submission.

quote:

There is no redemption to be found here, only suffering.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

quote:

There is no redemption to be found here, only suffering.

Forget your hopes. They were what brought you here.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Important question that will determine whether my girlfriend goes to see this: Are the cute robots okay? The baby dinobots and the kid's pet one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Important question that will determine whether my girlfriend goes to see this: Are the cute robots okay? The baby dinobots and the kid's pet one?

By ok you mean do they survive?

They are fine. Squeaks especially is a loving hero