Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ostentatious posted:

what does 'powered by pc technology' mean anyway isnt every console powered by pc technology

In a way yes, but does every console have blast processing???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gamecube was power pc

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gamecube was the last Nintendo console I bought and probably will be, for all time.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Switch was the last Nintendo console I bought and probably won't be the last

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ostentatious posted:

what does 'powered by pc technology' mean anyway isnt every console powered by pc technology

The Switch is powered by mobile technology!

The others are at least slightly customized, Atari probably means that they're literally PCs with off-the-shelf parts.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

exquisite tea posted:

Hot take: The rapping rabbit game looked embarrassingly bad.

honestly, Parappa / Lammy were fun games, but nobody thought any of those characters were cool even 20 years ago, did they?

raditts fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 20, 2017

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
When are Namco and Capcom going to merge and become Napcom

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

god of war looks real great

What am I missing on Dad of War that doesn't make it look like every boring rear end third person action game from the last 10 years

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

namco is already merged and nintendo is going to buy Capcom

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Okay well Napcomdo doesn't sound very good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

What am I missing on Dad of War that doesn't make it look like every boring rear end third person action game from the last 10 years

The boy has his own button

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are the odds of Kratos dying + you have to play as the son

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

raditts posted:

They took the only good thing from the series post the first game (the fast, frantic combat) and replaced it with boring, slow, methodical combat.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This trend of gamedevdudes working through their fatherhood issues and midlife crises is getting somewhat tiring, are we going to get a bunch of oldmangames a few years down the road

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Kratos was in a lot of different places in the trailer and seemed to play a big role in the story so it looks unlikely. It looks like they're doing a total 180 on his characterization, though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This trend of gamedevdudes working through their fatherhood issues and midlife crises is getting somewhat tiring, are we going to get a bunch of oldmangames a few years down the road

My fav was Thrall deciding that what he really needed was a son around the same time that Chris Metzen had a kid. Metzen is too good for this world.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

He seems like he is no longer too angry to die so I'd say his deific plot armor has expired.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
God of War only exists because animephobes need action games too

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Help Im Alive posted:

the name's marston... 🤠

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh my god they're making a 2DSXL

i feel like this has not been mocked enough. in this thread anyway.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Atari is a Japanese word, they were the first dedicated weebs

What's really funny, considering the company's situation over the last decade, is that "Atari" describes a game-state where you have no moves left.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

We can only hope.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dadgames have a much better track record compared to dudegames. Twee teen games are 100% unassailable, however.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

there's already old man games, it's all the ones you liked as a child, grandpa

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

MGS4 is the best grandpa sim

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

namco is already merged and nintendo is going to buy Capcom

The Capcom Zelda games were better than most of the ones actually made by Nintendo so I would be OK with this.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Okay I decided to start playing Morrowind for the first time ever. Everyone walks like they poo poo their pants!

What are some:
- General good tips for a first-timer like me?
- Recommended mods? Quality of life stuff mostly, such as item ownership indicators so I know when I'm stealing or not. I'm not interested in things that improve graphics or whatever, though I will take anything that gives me more resolutions/ARs
- Recommended races, classes, skills?
- Races, classes and skills to avoid?

For reference the only games I've played so far that are remotely close to this are Fallouts 1 - 3 and NV.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Playing Morrowind in 2017 sounds like a recipe for pain. It was painful enough for me playing it in 2003.

precision posted:

oh my god they're making a 2DSXL

i feel like this has not been mocked enough. in this thread anyway.

It's a 2DS with the New hardware model and it looks pretty sweet. If I didn't have a N3DS already I'd probably buy one.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mak0rz posted:

Okay I decided to start playing Morrowind for the first time ever. Everyone walks like they poo poo their pants!

they are walking with virtue, outlander

IMO the most fun & useful class would have most of the magic skills, but with a weapon skill instead of Destruction and maybe Heavy Armor instead of Unarmored. Do all your fighting with Bound Weapons.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The simplest starter is a redguard with long swords as a major skill since it lets you actually hit stuff reliably out of the gate. Also take endurance as a main stat, with the birthsign that raises it further. You can pretty much get through the game with just that, take whatever else to taste.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

raditts posted:

It's a 2DS with the New hardware model and it looks pretty sweet. If I didn't have a N3DS already I'd probably buy one.

I didn't know it had the New stuff, that makes it a lot less weird and dumb. Still seems a bit silly to save $30 and deny yourself of even having the option of using the 3D, like the 3D is well done in some stuff and it's cool to turn it on every now and then.

probably depends what you play though, I guess the N2DSXL would be perfect for the Picross and puzzle game crowd

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Mak0rz posted:

What are some:
- General good tips for a first-timer like me?
- Recommended mods? Quality of life stuff mostly, such as item ownership indicators so I know when I'm stealing or not. I'm not interested in things that improve graphics or whatever, though I will take anything that gives me more resolutions/ARs
- Races, classes and skills to avoid?

For reference the only games I've played so far that are remotely close to this are Fallouts 1 - 3 and NV.

The absurdly common cliff racers will be your worst enemy and the combat sucks a big fat one. Have fun!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

enchant a something with a cheapo 5 second levitation enchantment the instant you fill a petty soulstone

get your enchantment skill up in general since they're waaaaay more useful than spells in morrowind (100% chance of success, regenerate charge over time)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Palpek posted:

We can only hope.

Monkeys paw curls
Our newest game, where you play a beseiged chief of police with a nasty, over sexualized daughter who is just trying to teach proper moral values and deal with rising anti government protests over issues like clothing and disgusting media...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Punctuation makes it seem like the sexualized daughter is just trying to teach proper morals, which would be cool.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Morrowind tips here

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/606_808/status/874953842143580160

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also if you enchant something with a telekinesis spell with a bit of distance you can stealth around a corner and loot shopkeepers blind with no consequences

just don't talk to them while you have their entire inventory shoved down your pants they'll get upset

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

Punctuation makes it seem like the sexualized daughter is just trying to teach proper morals, which would be cool.

poo poo :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

This rules, thanks!

Also thanks for the other tips too everyone. For a short test run I put everything into all magic skills and I kept whiffing the little slugs near the starting town.

• Locked thread